Roster progress report, and plans for your roster

Options

Comments

• Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I didn't gain even a single 5 cover over the last season - I don't know how many chances I had, but had a good run of luck in S29, so things are probably just working out to average. Anyway, no additional 5* covers is a mixed blessing - it means no Banner and no Black Bolt, and I more or less used the HP that I would have spent on slots to take a few more shots at some of the more appealing vaults - and I was definitely hitting above average there.

I feel like I hit about a 50/50 draw on useable 4* covers. I had three 4*'s in my champ "prep" zone (13 covers, L220): Kingpin, Quake, and Flaptain. As luck would have it, I drew a KP early on, so focused on levelling him - not long after starting that, I drew a Flaptain cover, so that got sold. Then, when I drew a Quake cover later in the season, I focused on her, only to find myself with two more Flaptain covers in my queue. It's a little disheartening to have sold three covers for a possible champ (when KP and Quake are now still only at 271 each), but it is what it is. I also drew 3 or 4 covers for both Elektra & Antman, who are both still sub Lv200.

I'm still slogging through my second cycle on 2* champs. It seems slower than the first time around. It's probably not.

Back to mostly banking ISO, only spending on the 4*DDQ if necessary to get a few extra levels. I probably still want to champ Flaptain, but he's in a good enough position to do well when boosted, so I'll wait until I get another cover for him and then decide. I think I probably want to champ Antman since I've come to really like his ability set.
  • shadowyoshi
    shadowyoshi Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Four more 3* to champ and that will be all of them.

icon_ragnarok.png next with a cover in queue

After that it's icon_blade.pngicon_shehulk.pngicon_squirrelgirl.png and figure out what to do after that.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've champed my 39th 3* (Sentry is at an awkward cover state). Actively cycling 2*. Currently building Iso to either expedite 2* cycle or level up prime 4*.

Once Howard is over I'm planning to restart 2* Thor. He's been my mainstay for my entire MPQ career. Replacing him with Ares seems almost sacreligious.
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Champed Nick Fury today. Next up, probably gonna be Star Lord, because, well, I got a good feeling about it. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    Options
    https://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/More-random/

Lots and lots of changes. I have my first 3* with 13 covers, I managed to get more 2* champions. I should have easier time in PvE, because I will have more essential characters.

I need to decide whether to champ KK, or try to champ more 2* characters.
  • DTStump
    DTStump Posts: 273 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm now changing the pace of my updates to align with MPQ seasons. The main reason is that roster progress is slowing down.
    So here's the first seasonal update!

Season XXXI update

My roster development strategy:
    My main objective is to get to the point where my LT pulls are useful. To do this, I want to roster every 4* available, not counting Howard and Devil Dinosaur. Since 4* characters are still being released, I need to add roster slots faster than the new character release rate, at least when it comes to 4* characters.

I'm not in a rush to be more competitive - for now, I'm firmly in championed 3* territory with no useful 4*s. Still, I get the 25CP in every PvE, 2000 points in Simulator every season since I've had championed IM40 + Steve + Kamala, and 725 points in PvP for the HP. I'm patiently accumulating resources for when I can stop worrying about new roster slots and more about opening LTs and adding ISO.

When I manage to have no new expiring covers in the queue (which is rare!), I open LTs until I find a new one to continue the process. Of course, I add any 5*s I stumble upon along the way.

I'm also still finishing the 3* tier. The objective is to have all the best 3*s championed as well as worse chars that provide good 4*s as champion rewards. As a result, I plan to have 33 championed 3*s, excluding only Rocket & Groot, Gamora, Sam Wilson, Daredevil, Doc Octopus, Punisher and Colossus. When I get there, I'll probably save up ISO for 4*s. But one day I might find it tempting to champion all 3*s.
    What I managed to do in Season XXX:
    • Added three roster slots (71 -> 74)
    • Championed five 3*s, including one of the two top characters that were still missing: icon_lukecage.png. The others were icon_caroldanvers.png, icon_bullseye.png, icon_ragnarok.png and icon_spiderman.png .
    • Added two new 4*s: wasp_icon.png and icon_carnage.png . This increases the number of rostered 4*s from 25 to 27, out of 36 "regular" 4*s.

I keep drawing new 4*s from sources other than LTs, so there is always some cover expiring and my LTs and CP stay untouched. Lately, I got Wasp from her PvE, then drew Carnage from a taco token, then a Squirrel Girl token bringing her to level 183, which I waited as long as I could to use for an Ant-Man cover, then a Miles cover from an event token, and after all that I'm gonna try and get a Spider-Woman cover from the next PvE. Whew! That means it's probably still going to take a while for me to open more LTs and build useful 4*s.

Current resources:
    114k iso8.png
    1277 commandpoints.png
    425 spideycoin.png
    11 Latest token_legendary.png
    74 roster slots: one 1* + five 2* farms + forty 3*s (thirty champs) + twenty-six 4*s (1 to 4 covers only) + one 5* (1 cover) + one temporary char slot for PvE essentials
    Queue: Miles (4 days), Ant-Man (11 days), Howard (13 days, I'm probably selling this one unless a miracle happens)

Plan for Season XXXI:
    First, I'm going to roster a temporary 2* Wolverine to have all essentials in Venom Bomb to maximize my chances of getting Spider-Woman. Then, I'm going to roster Miles using that temporary slot.
    After that, I'm gonna have 7 days to accumulate enough HP for a new slot for Ant-Man (still need 525 HP), then 11 days to get another one for Spider-Woman (+950 HP). I think I can probably add a third slot this season if I'm lucky. That would require 2425 HP this season. If I can get there, I might open some more LTs. If I don't get a Spider-Woman token I would also probably start opening them again after rostering Ant-Man.

In the 3* department, I should be able to get my last Blade cover in the DDQ, so I'm definitely championing him. Besides that, I would like to champion Psylocke (fully covered already) and Sentry (missing two covers, I'm getting at least one of those in the DDQ this season). The iso I get this season should be enough - if I don't miss the Blade and Sentry DDQs and get one extra Sentry cover somehow, I may reach my objective of 33 champs this season. After that, I'm probably just accumulating iso for 4*s.
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Alsmir wrote:
    https://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/More-random/

I need to decide whether to champ KK, or try to champ more 2* characters.

If I were in your seat, I'd go ahead and Champion Kamala Khan. I switch her powers around often from 5/5/3 to 3/5/5 and back depending on whether I need her to be the best at healing or damaging. Being able to change powers is one of the greatest things about having a Champion.

Keep up the good work. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Orion wrote:
    Previously, on "Roster Report"...
    Fully updated roster is in my signature below.

Champion 4*s:

icon_jeangrey.pngicon_ironman.pngicon_thor.pngicon_carnage.png

33 out of 40 Champion 3*s. Only ones missing are:

icon_psylocke.pngicon_colossus_new.pngicon_rocket.pngicon_sentry.pngicon_vision.pngicon_storm.pngicon_quicksilver.png

I can't see myself championing them anytime soon. Just not enough ISO.

10 out of 14 Champion 2*s. Need Torch, Ms. Marvel, Bullseye and Bagman. Again, just not enough ISO to worry about them right now.

I have plenty of cover-maxed 4*s, but not enough ISO to get them even close to 270. But since my 5*s are at the point where they're better than any 4*, what's the point in leveling any of them? Sure, they're nice when they're boosted, but I'd need millions of ISO to get them all that good.

Basically the 4* transition is a joke. You only need to level up 2 or 3 top tier 4*s, then hope you get lucky enough to get your 5*s online. Once you get 7 covers in some 5*s, the rest of your 4* roster becomes irrelevant.

I haven't spent any ISO in the last few weeks on anybody that's not a 4* or 5*. There's no point. I did get X-23 up to champion level and I'm currently working on Cyclops. I want to get Cyclops, Red Hulk, Iceman and Deadpool up to 270, but none of the rest of the 4*s seem like a high priority after that. Maybe I'll bump up SS or Phoenix so I can run 2 5*s in PvP events. But then I'm worried about running into the big whales.

So it's been a month and I've championed Cyclops, Iceman and Rocket & Groot. That's pretty slow progress for a month's worth of effort. It's a little discouraging to only be able to bring up a single 4* every 2 weeks.

I did very recently get 2 more covers for OML to max him out at 5/4/4. I have a Kingpin cover waiting for me to champion him and then I'll work on bringing OML up to 450. That's a little more than 200k needed for both of those tasks so that's about the next 2 weeks worth of ISO spoken for.

OK, so wholesale changes on my roster this month. (current roster in sig below)

In the last month I maxed OML and the rest of my 3*s. I got tired of wasting covers for the last few 3*s that weren't champed. So now I have 9 champed 4*s ( icon_ironman.pngicon_jeangrey.pngicon_carnage.pngicon_thor.pngicon_iceman.pngicon_x23.pngicon_cyclops.pngicon_kingpin.pngicon_deadpool.png ) and all 40 champed 3*s.

I've decided to become the champion of turning over my 2* characters. So whenever I got a 2* cover for one of my level 144 champs, I sold it and replaced it with a 1-cover version. I ended up selling all 10 of my level 144 characters for 650k ISO. I used the ISO to level up the other 4 2*s that weren't champed yet (Bullseye, Bagman, Torch, Ms. Marvel) and dumped the rest of the ISO into my low-level 4*s. So now all of my 4*s are either soft-capped or level 165, whichever one was higher. Yup, even Cho and Star Lord. Now I'm not worried about any of their DDQ fights, except maybe Mr. F (can he win even if he's level 270?).

So I see this as a huge loan of 650k ISO that I've got to pay back down the road as my 2*s get cover maxed again. I want to got them all earning champ rewards as soon as possible.

In the meantime, I opened up a stash of 440 CP. I got 2 5*s (BSS and SS) and some 4* covers that were mostly sold. I did get 3 Ghost Riders, so he's my next champion target (level 226 currently). Then it's back to building up the 2*s.

So it's been a little over a month and I've champed 2 more 4*s - Ghost Rider and Antman. The rest of my ISO has gone to building back up all of the 2* champs that I sold the last time. I have 9 2* champs and 5 more waiting on ISO.

My goals for the next month are to champ Nova in anticipation of his cover coming up as a 1k reward very soon. Next up after that is Quake. With those 2 champed then I can go back to finishing up those 2*s.

If I get another 2* max champed then I'll sell him and apply the ISO to Nova or Quake. Then back to the 2* rebuilding.

A longer-term goal is to get 5* Spidey up and running. He's 5/1/4, but I'm worried about locking myself into all-5* MMR for eternity.

Another month, and another 2 champions - Nova and Quake. Good thing too, because they've been enormously helpful in the Hulk PvE and the last few PvPs. After that, I started to build up my 5*s. I wanted IM46, Black Suit Spidey and Phoenix to all be a little more useful. IM46 only has 6 covers, so I focused more on the other 2. I got both of them up to level 310 before I stopped. I stopped because I got 2 Thing covers - 1 from daily supply and 1 from the 1k reward in PvP. So now I'll champ Thing before going back to the 5*s.

My Moonstone and 2* Bullseye both reached level 144 in the last month so I sold them off and used the ISO to champ baby Thor and Hawkeye. So I've still got 9 2* champs. I'm going to sell off Ms. Marvel as soon as I get a replacement cover for her.

It's only been 2 weeks since my last update, but it's been an interesting 2 weeks. I finished champing Thing, largely due to selling off Ms. Marvel. I got another Black-Suit Spidey cover, making him 5/1/5. So I went back to leveling him so I could pair him with OML and got him to level 358. But then I got a rush of Red Hulk covers, enough to cover-max him plus 2 more. I was able to sell off Magneto and 2* Cap to quickly champ Red Hulk too.

So I champed 2 4*s in only 2 weeks, but now I'm down to only 6 2* champs (and one of them is Bagman). Therefore I need to build back up my 2* stable. A few of them were recently sold so they aren't fully covered yet, but Daken, Bullseye, Moonstone and Wolverine all can be champed. At least with 2*s you can champ 2 a week instead of 1 every 2 weeks like 4*s.

I would still like to take BSS to his soft-cap of 420 and Phoenix to hers of 390, but I'm not in that big of a hurry to wreck my MMR. BSS looks like a lot of fun though.

Roster summary:

1 champed 5* (OML), 12-cover SS, 11-cover BSS, 9-cover Phoenix
    15 champed 4*s - 14 other cover-maxed 4*s
    all 40 3*s are champed (LCap is highest at 210)
    2*s keep getting cycled as soon as they hit 144
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Never posted in this thread but HEY WHY NOT.

Three-Star Status

Champed Patch last week, bringing my 3* champ count up to 30. The remaining ones ( icon_doctoroctopus.pngicon_blackwidow.pngicon_falcon.pngicon_loki.pngicon_hulk.pngicon_shehulk.pngicon_punisher.pngicon_daredevil.pngicon_bullseye.pngicon_spiderman.png ) I never use unless they are essential, and they don't feed covers to my 4* champs, so I'm done with this tier. I might go back and champ She-Hulk at some point, but it's low priority.

Four-Star Status

Currently championed:

icon_wolverine.png
    icon_punisher.png
    icon_jeangrey.png
    icon_cyclops.png
    icon_iceman.png
    icon_redhulk.png
    icon_antman.png
    icon_thing.png
    icon_deadpool.png
    icon_thor.png
    icon_ironman.png
    icon_x23.png

Thoughts on these so far:

- Got the Top Five (tm) in there. No explanation needed.

- Thing/DP combo: check. Thing is also better than he gets credit for on his own. Green hits really hard.

- Ant-Man: Ehhh. I really only champed him because I got 3 covers from Civil War and didn't wanna waste them. He's alright boosted, and he does benefit a lot from free respecs, but...ehhh. He is tremendously useful against Threaten and Turn to Smoke goons, but otherwise not a particularly great asset.

- Wolverine: you know, this guy is actually pretty good when he's boosted. Black hits like a train, loads of board shake, and yellow heals a pretty big chunk at 3 covers. He's not gamebreaking, but not nearly as bad as he's made out to be.

- Thor: I will never get tired of the Thor/IM40 combo. CHARGED TILES EVERWHARZ.

- X23: Pleasantly surprised by how great she is. A little slow unless paired with another strike generator or IM40, but once a few strikes are out she tears fools up. She also benefits a ton from respecs - 535 normally, 553 when she gets banged up. Yay health pack savings!

- Punisher: Holy crapnuts, you guys. This guy is an absolute madman. The only thing keeping him from usurping Jean Grey's seat on the Top Five (tm) is that he needs green and black, so he needs two batteries to really plow through a team. Even with one, though, once he gets the AP he needs to start throwing down, it's pretty much game over. Honestly, my only beef with him is that he does such insane damage that a lot of it gets wasted. Plus, you know, boosted strike tiles never hurt anybody (except the other team).

Five-Star Status

icon_silversurfer.png 2/0/4
    icon_wolverine.png: 2/4/3
    icon_jeangrey.png: 5/3/1
    icon_spiderman.png: 3/1/1
    icon_greengoblin.png: ZERO ZERO ZERO WRU NORMAN
    icon_ironman.png: 2/1/2
    icon_captainamerica.png: 0/1/0
    icon_hulk.png: 1/0/0
    icon_blackbolt.png: Zeroes

The only one I've leveled to usability is OML to 350. Holding him there for fear of putting myself in view of maxed out 5* teams in PVP until I have a couple of my own. Also, I'm dreading the day I get that 6th Phoenix green. I haven't had to sell a 5* cover yet and I know I'll be furious about it.

Current Plans

- Taking it easy for a bit. When I was down to six 3*s left that I wanted to champ, I got covers for all six of them within a week. It was a mad rush to champ them all and I had to sell off 2* Storm and Ares. I'll probably get them back in fighting shape since the DDQ is annoying without them - my only other 2* champ is Magneto, and everyone else is underleveled. I might bring up a couple others just so I have some fodder to sell in a crunch.

- Hoard up a butt-ton of ISO. Probably 600k to 1 million, depending on how long my willpower lasts. I'm sitting on 15 LTs and 550 CP, with no plans to open them anytime soon. Once I break them open I'd like to be able to champion a few more 4*s and bring my total up to 15, which should hopefully give me a good chance of having at least one good one boosted in any given week. Ideally it'd be Quake, Nova, and then dealer's choice based on what covers I get; Quake is fully covered so she just needs ISO, though Nova is stuck in a problematic 5/1/5 build, so I need to pray to RNGesus for yellows.

- Re-evalute at that point. Hopefully by the time I crack my hoard it'll be big enough to brute-force my way into some decently covered 5*s. We'll see, I guess.
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It's been a slow process, but I have a few updates from my last post. I'm now just shy of 13.5M ISO in roster costs. I have every character above the 1* level rostered (though Black Bolt and 5ulk have three covers between them). I've championed OML. The 1/5/2@270 Goblin still needs a lot of love, but is up to 3/5/4@360. I have 17 4* champions, and 26 3* champions (ranging from 173-230). I've now sold eight different max-championed 2*s, some of them more than once.

I have every 4* currently available (i.e.: not counting Howard, Dino, or Wasp) fully covered, and only 2-3 of them are suboptimally so (though Moon Knight looks particularly goofy at 4/5/4).

I still need 8.2M ISO to champion all of my fully-covered characters, plus another 2M or so for the 5*s that are playable (or would be, if they had the levels).

Overall, progress often feels painfully slow, but it is good to write this, to remind me that it is definitely happening.

A small update since writing. Goblin is now up to 427 (ran out of ISO there, then started saving when I got several wanted covers). Kate is on front-burner, with She-Hulk after her (probably a week left for both). Probably going back to 5*s with ISO after that; 5cap (to 390-ish), then BSS (to whatever my covers support; currently 405), then IM46, if all goes to plan (i.e.: don't draw extra 5cap or Goblin covers) and no must-have 4*s are introduced (Wasp isn't close, and Spider-Woman isn't quite there either). Obviously that won't all get done this season, even if things go perfectly; but not sure how long they will take.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Done with Earth's Mightiest. Time for pre-season review.

Ended up not hoarding apart from season placement rewards because 1) no willpower 2) need more iso/covers. 5* drop rate continues to be poor but I'm more or less content as long as I have all the characters.

star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png
    Oml L455+0
    Phx L455+0
    Banner 2/0/0 +1
    Cap 1/3/1+1
    IM46 2/0/3 +1
    GG 1/2/1 +1
    BSS 1/1/0 - Still no BSS since January. RNGesus have mercy...
    SS 5/4/4 Holding at L350 until I get another cover.
    Black Bolt 0/0/1+1

star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png
    Champed Miles, War Machine, PX, Howard.
    More than expected thanks to several 2*s finally hitting max.
    New characters:
    Wasp
    Pulled Jessica Drew from a Venom Bomb token. Thrilled. icon_e_smile.gif

star.pngstar.pngstar.png
    IF and mororo locked in a battle to determine whether RNG's divine grace is better or dev favour through placement rewards is stronger. Mororo stormed up to 226, IF in hot pursuit at 225. Fortunately both HB and 4thor are champed. Hulk stomped up to 224 and poor Cho has a cover in my queue limbo.

Now 36 3* at 200+. 4 left below 200. SW still bringing up the rear at 191.

star.pngstar.png
    Started 2nd cycle of champ farm with only magneto left at 135 waiting to be harvested. Waiting for Shield levels to go live before I rechamp Moonstone.

Token hoard: 2x 10packs, 1 latest, 2 tacos, 225cp .
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    TxMoose wrote:
    TxMoose wrote:
    (4.5 months ago)
    TxMoose wrote:
    when champing hit, I had a 4* pvp pair (jg/hb) at 250 and was happy with them there. I had 9 maxed 3*s, with others at 140 and 120, and my 5 2*s, plus jugs. since champing hit, I've maxed hb/jg and brought iceman up from the 130s, and with 3*s I've maxed loki (from 153), gsbw (from 140), hood (from 136), torch (from 140), and gamora (from 120). I'm currently in the middle of maxing 4cyke (from 94). so my current champs are:

icon_iceman.pngicon_ironman.pngicon_jeangrey.png
    star.pngstar.pngstar.png
    icon_blackpanther.pngicon_blackwidow.pngicon_captainamerica.pngicon_cyclops.pngicon_daken.pngicon_hood.pngicon_hulk.pngicon_humantorch.pngicon_ironfist.pngicon_kamalakhan.pngicon_loki.pngicon_lukecage.pngicon_magneto.pngicon_scarletwitch.pngicon_thor.pngicon_gamora.png
    star.pngstar.png
    icon_ares.pngicon_blackwidow.pngicon_magneto.pngicon_storm.pngicon_thor.png

currently I'm in the process of leveling cyke. he's at 235 for now. with im40 covers incoming I may push pause on him to take advantage of those covers and max im40, then go back to cyke. so, my current future plans are (always subject to change):

1 - icon_ironman.png IM40 (from 120 = 110K)
    2 - icon_cyclops.png finish 4cyke (from 235 = 145K)
    3 - icon_deadpool.png xpool (from 145 = 330K)
    4 - icon_silversurfer.png maybe to 320ish? (from 255 = 140K)
    5 - icon_thing.png (from 145 = 330K)
    6 - at some point i'll have to decide whether the 4* ddq day for icon_captainamerica.pngicon_x23.pngicon_ghostrider.pngicon_hulkcho.pngicon_miles.pngicon_venom.png will be worth the iso it will take to get them to 145 (35K each, less for falcap from 94, so another 200K if I want those ready)

if I ever pull an OML yellow, he'll get inserted in somewhere. not much use at 2/-/5. those 6 items will cost me 1.25 mil iso and that will take a long time to do. hopefully at some point before that's done you can add 200K for OML. that will be ~3 months working on 5-6 characters plus getting the most recent 6 to ddq level. in that time 6 more will be added. not looking pretty unless they drastically change something with iso.

oh, totally forgot about rulk. if I get that last red, add him to the list too from 180 (another 300K iso). so that's 3+ months to just get the beginnings of a 4* core and that doesn't include others I'd like to max like 4thor, xfw, and kp. I just don't see how the whales do it.

edit: always subject to change. since I can't run hb in heavy metal, i'll respec im40 with my covers and pour iso into cyke to use him in the pvp - probably won't quite get him to 270, but better than 235. then max im40 before my red cover expires.
    after 6 weeks, I've added the following champs:
    icon_cyclops.pngicon_thor.pngicon_redhulk.png
    star.pngstar.pngstar.png
    icon_ironman.png

currently saving up for xpool. will need some iso into the newer 4s with their ddqs coming up - as necessary. i'll probably start with them at 70 and step up from there. after xpool, candidates include icon_thing.png xf icon_wolverine.png and icon_x23.png

still waiting for that oml yellow
    (2.5 months ago)
    ok, after 2 months I should probably update here. i'll post all, so next time I don't have to do the megaquote in the spoiler:

star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png (one leveled)
    icon_wolverine.png found that yellow and took him to 405
    all other 5*s are rostered, SS up to 11 covers. all the rest are 1-3 covers.

star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png 10 champs
    icon_ironman.pngicon_thor.pngicon_iceman.pngicon_jeangrey.pngicon_cyclops.pngicon_redhulk.png since last post I've added icon_thing.pngicon_wolverine.pngicon_deadpool.pngicon_x23.png

star.pngstar.pngstar.png 18 champs
    icon_blackpanther.pngicon_blackwidow.pngicon_captainamerica.pngicon_cyclops.pngicon_daken.pngicon_gamora.pngicon_hood.pngicon_hulk.pngicon_humantorch.pngicon_ironfist.pngicon_ironman.pngicon_kamalakhan.pngicon_loki.pngicon_lukecage.pngicon_magneto.pngicon_scarletwitch.pngicon_thor.pngicon_vision.png (im40 and vision have been added here)

star.pngstar.png champs...still just the 5 champs
    icon_ares.pngicon_blackwidow.pngicon_magneto.pngicon_storm.pngicon_thor.png

so...I've found that elusive OML yellow and leveled him. I've champed all the 'meta' characters' and most of the second tier. so....I've decided to go back and finish all my 3*s, roster and champ all the 2*s I don't have and get that engine working. I figure I have enough to sustain me in pvp. my desired 4*s now to max include quake, nova, antman, kp, and punisher. I think I may pause on the 3s/2s if I end up with 13th covers on quake or nova. unlikely since...I'm hoarding most of the tokens and finishing the bottom end. first up will be colossus, then grocket. then possibly squirrel, but might re-evaluate. also have lots of spidey covers right now. this gives me something to do for the next 2-3 months. by then I may have other worthwhile projects. also once I finish the 3s and the 2s I can cycle the 2s at will for hp/cp/covers.
    (2 weeks ago)
    :star:star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png (one leveled)
    icon_wolverine.png@405
    all other 5*s are rostered, SS @ 11 covers. 5tark at 5 covers. all the rest are 1-3 covers.

star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png 10 champs (no change)
    icon_ironman.pngicon_thor.pngicon_iceman.pngicon_jeangrey.pngicon_cyclops.pngicon_redhulk.pngicon_thing.pngicon_wolverine.pngicon_deadpool.pngicon_x23.png

star.pngstar.pngstar.png 35 champs
    icon_blackpanther.pngicon_blackwidow.pngicon_captainamerica.pngicon_cyclops.pngicon_daken.pngicon_gamora.pngicon_hood.pngicon_hulk.pngicon_humantorch.pngicon_ironfist.pngicon_ironman.pngicon_kamalakhan.pngicon_loki.pngicon_lukecage.pngicon_magneto.pngicon_scarletwitch.pngicon_thor.pngicon_vision.png (the following were added since last update) icon_caroldanvers.pngicon_rocket.pngicon_storm.pngicon_colossus_new.pngicon_spiderman.pngicon_beast.pngicon_quicksilver.pngicon_bullseye.pngicon_mystique.pngicon_squirrelgirl.pngicon_sentry.pngicon_shehulk.pngicon_punisher.pngicon_wolverine.pngicon_blade.pngicon_psylocke.pngicon_ragnarok.png

star.pngstar.png champs...still just the 5 champs
    icon_humantorch.pngicon_blackwidow.pngicon_magneto.pngicon_storm.pngicon_thor.png (cycling covers fell to torch when I sold ares so I maxed him)

so as you can see, I did decide to finish my 3s. 5 more to go as of today and then i'll finish my 2s. my next update in 2 months i should be setting up to return to progressing my 4*s and 5*s again and will never have to worry about wasted 2*/3* covers again.
    last one with all the history... ok, after shield ranks hit and the iso bomb, I've hit the milestone of champing all 2s and 3s in the game. update:
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png (one leveled)
    icon_wolverine.png@405
    all other 5*s are rostered, SS @ 11 covers. 5tark at 7 covers. all the rest are 1-5 covers. seriously wondering how my 5* IM would play with some levels

star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png 11 champs
    icon_ironman.pngicon_thor.pngicon_iceman.pngicon_jeangrey.pngicon_cyclops.pngicon_redhulk.pngicon_thing.pngicon_wolverine.pngicon_deadpool.pngicon_x23.pngicon_quake.png quake was added after my hoard of tokens were pulled

star.pngstar.pngstar.png 40 champs plus still have dupe hood and loki
    star.pngstar.png 14 champs - all including bagman

next projects are pun and...? maybe im46. maybe some mid 4*s like kp or antman. 2 yellow covers and nova will join that list.
  • Starsaber
    Starsaber Posts: 206
    Options
    Well, the big Iso infusion from SHIELD Rank 62 helped me finish championing my 3*s and take my current batch of 2*s as high as their covers will allow. The roster link in my sig is up to date.

I have also levelled up Professor X to 166 to start using Winfinite as one of my SHIELD Simulator teams.

Now I just need to decide what to do with the 500k+ iso I have left (beyond continuing my 2* farming as covers allow).

Options:
    1) Raise some more of my Level 140 4*s up to 182 (or as high as covers will allow)
    2) Raise some/all of my Level 182 4*s to a higher level (maybe something around 200)

I'm just a bit hesitant since to this point, 3*s have been my main teams (with the occasional 4* dropped into a flexible spot) and I haven't figured out what impact raising the 4*s would have on my scaling.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated.
  • vinnygecko
    vinnygecko Posts: 241 Tile Toppler
    Options
    It's been about a month since my last check-in, thought I'd update after today's huge influx of ISO icon_e_smile.gif

I now have four 4*s champed, adding Hulkbuster, XFW and Fury to Lady Thor.

4* Cyclops is now cover maxed and will be my next 4* to champ (got his cover after I spent all the ISO). After him I'll be working on Rulk, X-23, Kingpin and XFDP if I can ever find his red covers.

IM40 and Rags are now champed, leaving just 3 more 3*s to go (Sentry, Quicksilver and Doc Oc). Quicksilver will probably be next since he's cover-maxed.

I've recycled 2* Champs and am currently rebuilding Storm, Mags and Ares. I might recycle OBW if I have the patience to not sell her covers for ISO.

So far my only loss in DDQ Clash for this round gas been Mr Fantastic. I got so annoyed at the time, I ended up selling him for ISO, and don't really regret it.

For 5*s I'm missing Hulk and Black Bolt.

For 4*s I'm still missing Winter Soldier, War Machine, Kate Bishop and now Spiderwoman.

Last update is below
    vinnygecko wrote:
    Ok, so 2 months have passed since last check-in. As far as my previous goals:

1) Got my Hulkbuster up to 250. Just waiting for that last cover, which should come soon as my IF is at level 182 (one shy of blackflag.png HB).

2) Championed my first 4* with 4hor! I was very excited about this as it was a long time coming. For my other 4*s I wanted to get to 200, Cyclops is very close (197 at 5/4/3) but the rest have been a bit slower.

3) Still undefeated on the 3rd cycle of Clash of the Titans, though I had to bring Flaptain up to 180 to do so. Biggest test will be coming up soon with Mr. Fantastic (5/1/4 @ 130, really hoping to not put more ISO into him).

4) My IM40 rebuilding project is going well, just need one more cover to be cover-maxed. Champing Hawkeye was a big help with this.

5) I got one more cover for OML, so he's now at 2/2/2, but I've kept him at 315. Now have at least one cover for all 5*s except for Hulk.

6) Still no 4* covers for War Machine, Winter Soldier, Spider Gwen or Kate Bishop.
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It's been a slow process, but I have a few updates from my last post. I'm now just shy of 13.5M ISO in roster costs. I have every character above the 1* level rostered (though Black Bolt and 5ulk have three covers between them). I've championed OML. The 1/5/2@270 Goblin still needs a lot of love, but is up to 3/5/4@360. I have 17 4* champions, and 26 3* champions (ranging from 173-230). I've now sold eight different max-championed 2*s, some of them more than once.

I have every 4* currently available (i.e.: not counting Howard, Dino, or Wasp) fully covered, and only 2-3 of them are suboptimally so (though Moon Knight looks particularly goofy at 4/5/4).

I still need 8.2M ISO to champion all of my fully-covered characters, plus another 2M or so for the 5*s that are playable (or would be, if they had the levels).

Overall, progress often feels painfully slow, but it is good to write this, to remind me that it is definitely happening.

A small update since writing. Goblin is now up to 427 (ran out of ISO there, then started saving when I got several wanted covers). Kate is on front-burner, with She-Hulk after her (probably a week left for both). Probably going back to 5*s with ISO after that; 5cap (to 390-ish), then BSS (to whatever my covers support; currently 405), then IM46, if all goes to plan (i.e.: don't draw extra 5cap or Goblin covers) and no must-have 4*s are introduced (Wasp isn't close, and Spider-Woman isn't quite there either). Obviously that won't all get done this season, even if things go perfectly; but not sure how long they will take.

Obviously got a boost today. Championed Kate (for whom I'd already saved the ISO) and raised 5Cap to 360 (close enough to save any more covers I draw for him). Opened saved legendaries, and got two more covers for Moon Knight (to go with the two I already had queued), so I championed him. Championed She-Hulk and Squirrel Girl, for both of whom I already had covers saved. Took my latest 2* Wolverine to champion level, and applied the 18 covers I had queued for him (ridiculous, right?). I also sold my 144 Thor, and championed another, applying several covers that were queued. All of that left me with 120k ISO (a quarter of which came from getting to level 66); so I decided to champion Daken as well.

The hoard got me two more (both usable) covers for BSS, so he's even more desperately in need now. Got another Goblin, but it was an unusable purple (ugh). The good part is that I have nothing in front of my 5*s now, so my next several hundred thousand should all go into 5*s (BSS if I don't draw covers; 5cap or Goblin if I do). And I now have 19 4* champions and 27 3* ones, so I'll be wasting far fewer covers. And hopefully I can level up quickly, so I get a lot more ISO that way.

Forgot to mention: my ISO debt (ie: ISO needed to champion current, fully-covered characters) has dropped down to 7.5M, despite recently pulling my 13th cover for Howard. And my current roster is up to 14.75M ISO, and 20,600 levels.

Also forgot: Wasp (0/3/3 now) and Spider-Woman (1/1/1) are the only currently-available 4*s not fully covered. Wonder how long it'll take to get both of them?
  • Uthgarprime
    Uthgarprime Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I had saved over 100k ISO before the windfall and I was level 58 to start. I had 7 3*'s at 120 or better and 3 2*'s to champion, Got them all championed and then some. Now that I have all 3's and 2's championed, the rewards will rain down upon me. I have Kingpin and IW max covered and no one else above 10 covers, so I am going to champion them next. Kingpin is considered at least good by most and I will champion IW for no other reason then her covers will be welcome for rewards. I will open all regular tokens but will go back to hoarding Legendaries and CP til I get the 2 above championed and all the top tier 4 *'s levelled as far as I can. Then I will start opening some Legendaries again.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I know it's only been a week,but hotdiggitydang what a week!
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png
    All at 255. No Bruce.
    icon_wolverine.png 0/1/2 icon_jeangrey.png 2/2/2
    icon_silversurfer.png 2/2/3 icon_spiderman.png 1/0/2
    icon_greengoblin.png 1 black icon_captainamerica.png 1 blue
    icon_ironman.png 1 blue icon_blackbolt.png 1 black

Championed:
    icon_deadpool.pngicon_ironman.pngicon_jeangrey.pngicon_thor.png added icon_antman.png and icon_wolverine.png here with my shield rank iso stash
    Max Covered:
    icon_nickfury.pngicon_elektra.pngicon_kingpin.pngicon_venom.png no iso plans at the moment, they can all win their Crash.
    Those getting iso:
    icon_cyclops.png 4/5/2
    icon_redhulk.png 5/3/3
    icon_iceman.png 3/5/3
    I took them up to their cap at 229 thanks to the shield rank iso too.
    All others except Dino and Spiderwoman are rostered.

star.pngstar.pngstar.png
    All championed.

star.pngstar.png
    Still working on bringing icon_storm.pngicon_magneto.pngicon_thor.png back to 144. This is slower than first time it feels.

Future plans

I've got 60k iso in the bank. Once it hits 90k i may use it to take my 2/2/5 Nova up to his cap at 188.
    I'll keep spending Cp and opening LTs until one of the big 3 reach 13 covers, then I'll stop until they are maxed out and move onto the next one.
    If I get wads more Iso before I get any of those to 13, I will consider levelling my maxed 4*s one at a time.
    Considering stopping using shields so I can build up HP to roster more 2*s as I'd love to get a farm going. Between shields and daily deals, as well as getting roster spots for new characters, I never get round to adding any more 2*s, and 3 doth not a farm make (I'll call it my allotment). One of those great Google sales would be magic about now.
    Still, I'm starting to hit 1000 unshielded more often, and the new champs will surely help that yet more still, right?
    *edit*
    I looked at incoming daily awards on the forum and saw Kingpin in the near future, so pushed a load into him in advance. I then saw the Team Ironman side awards... If we complete round 6 and I hit 1000 in PVP, Cyclops becomes 4/5/4 with an extra yellow. Busy times ahead!
    *edit* 5/9/16 we beat round 7, Cyclops got champed today and I got a third extra cover from the LT at 271, so he's 273. I pulled a Kingpin cover from my season 10 pack, so have 12 days to take him from level 203 if I want to use it (then another 2 weeks before he pops up in the daily award)
    *edit* 10/9/16 got Kingpin up to 248, so about 100k iso to go, with 7 days left on the clock.
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yesterday's ISO influx Champed Ant-Man and XFW, and today's crash got my 13th Hulkbuster cover. Guess I know what's next.
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I posted this in another thread but, in total I had just over a million ISO after yesterday's windfall. Since then (because the covers came my way) I maxed out and champed 5 4*'s and 2 3*'s. The resulting Legendary tokens got me a 5* Hulk purple cover, and a couple of others I needed. I only had to sell 1. I am now left with 17K ISO icon_e_biggrin.gif

Not bad, and this new method of leveling up has somewhat stirred my interest in the game again. I imagine it will also encourage roster diversity so maybe we won't constantly see the same teams over and over. Also it may un-frick my scaling since a lot more people will level up their rosters.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I used the grandfathered ISO to champ Mr Fantastic, get Drax and Peggy Carter to their current max at 209, and max OML.
    So now... I have two dozen fourstar champions, and all fourstar characters are either at their current max or at least above level 180 where I can max them in two weeks if need be. (Only exception is level 152 Cho - just can't bring myself to max him. He can do his DDQ, that's good enough).
    I suppose my next big Project is Phoenix - I am still not up to the 720 CP I need to buy the last Purple, but I should get there this week. I am in no particular hurry to start playing a fivestar tag-team though, so once I have 720 CP stockpiled I may start buying Classic Legends again and see what I get.