Thoress Clash of Titans

Options
_Ryu_
_Ryu_ Posts: 149
Which lvl does my Thorness lvl 120 2/3/3 need to beat upcoming Clash of Titans?

Comments

• madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Options
    There is a super useful thread over on the Reddit page: https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelPuzzleQuest/comments/3zgb6f/coversstrategies_for_ddq_4s/
  • _Ryu_
    Options
    madsalad wrote:

I see, minimum 6 covers... but a minimum lvl is not mentioned to have a chance.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Best strategy is probably to just try it out at her current level and see how it works, then level her up if necessary.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's up to how the board treats you. We've seen people someone get by these with just a single cover on some characters and I still can't wrap my head around that. I mainly take characters to 120 for DDQ at the minimum.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I've been trying Crash of Titans with my dood at current level. If I don't make it, I add a few levels and try again. If I know a CoT is coming up that I have a chance at, I hoard some ISO until that day and try the above. For instance, I have a 7 covered HB but did not have him leveled. Tried a few times and just ended up maxing him as far as I could so he could survive a few green hits from Hulk. Ended up winning on the 8th try. As for XFDP, I had a 0/2/0 at the time so I tried it once for fun and then didn't bother.

I have a fairly well covered Thoress so I'll be hoarding some ISO.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,500 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In general, I creep up my 4*s until they're either 166 or 175. In most cases I have been able to beat Clash of the Titans with a character at that level, though frequently it will not be the first try. The board dictates a lot. I also bring in some match damage boosts (why not? I don't use them for anything else,) and sometimes some AP boosts, but I don't ever want to spend HP on this...

If your 4* is soft-capped less than 166, I'd do as previously suggested - try it at what you have, then creep the character up if you need to.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Last time they ran it I couldn't beat it until I was lvl 168. While I haven't leveled her since (planning to, tho, after I work on Kingpin some more) I have gotten more covers, especially red, (5/3/3) so hopefully it should be easier this time. I think the more red you have (to exploit Rag's own charged tiles), the less leveled you need to be.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I would really love to get the red cover in my DDQ vault because my 4hor is 0/5/5. RNGesus just doesn't want to give me a red cover, I've pulled 2 extra blue and yellow so far.
  • _Ryu_
    Options
    These days i try to make the most out of my few iso, think i will push her to 140 and hope for the best. She is one of a handful 4*s i have that should beat Clash of Titans with her covers.

By the way, should I use AP or damage boost's?
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Options
    _Ryu_ wrote:
    These days i try to make the most out of my few iso, think i will push her to 140 and hope for the best. She is one of a handful 4*s i have that should beat Clash of Titans with her covers.

By the way, should I use AP or damage boost's?

I usually go with a mix of both. You should definitely get the blue damage boost though, since you'll be trying to deny his healing. Might as well get the extra match tile damage from it.
  • SirLanik
    SirLanik Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I completed the Thoress vs Ragnarok with a 2/1/3 lvl 131. Barely. Took a lot of tries.

I've yet to see anyone complete with less covers, though I did see a few with full covers and lower level. I'd aim for more than six covers and above 131 if you want it to be easy.
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    madok wrote:
    I would really love to get the red cover in my DDQ vault because my 4hor is 0/5/5. RNGesus just doesn't want to give me a red cover, I've pulled 2 extra blue and yellow so far.

I was aiming for that red cover too, pulled 4 tacos, got 1500 iso x2 and 2 3*... good, but not what I wanted, my Thor is 0/2/5. That 6 cover recommendation should include 'must have red'.
  • bobbyfish
    bobbyfish Posts: 299
    Options
    My covers are not in my favour on this at 1/4/2, didn't even attempt more than once last time at 1/3/1, but I'll give it a try at 130 and see
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm rocking a 152 3/1/3 Thoress so I am a little nervy about tomorrow's Clash.

1500 plus 300 for each charge doesn't feel easy. I'll bring match buffs and AP up so fingers crossed but I think this one is going to be all about the luck of the board and plenty of blue for stuns is the aim.

It's a shame that to get the legendary token the game already relies on having a strong 4* roster. It'd be nice if it scaled to your essential 4*s strength. I, like many in the 4* transition have to wait months before getting a chance of playing a Clash I can achieve. I can only win IW, Fury and Thoress if lucky so fingers crossed I get a X23 token or another Elektra soon as those are my next potential winners in Clash.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Akari wrote:
    I was aiming for that red cover too, pulled 4 tacos, got 1500 iso x2 and 2 3*... good, but not what I wanted, my Thor is 0/2/5. That 6 cover recommendation should include 'must have red'.

I think our only chance without the red is that we have 5 blue. We need to crank up blue/green damage and just bank blue until we have at least enough for 3 stuns. Then just keep him stunned and hope that all those charged tiles line up for us.
  • motownjunkie
    motownjunkie Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Options
    Beat Rags first time with my level 168 5/5/3 Thor. Blue, red, red did the trick. Got my first icon_thing.pngredflag.png from the legendary to take him to 1/3/4.

Still only pulled 1 5* from 50+ legendaries but I'm definitely making progress with the 4* transition - at this point in the first round of 4* DDQs I'd only beaten 2/6 but this time I'm 6/6.
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    First attempt: no boosts, L170 5/4/3. Died with him down to 2k health when I missed a double charged red match.

Second attempt: +2 r/y, +2 all. crushed him.
  • Razamataz
    Razamataz Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Options
    Mine is 3,1,2 level 131 first time no boosts and got him to 8k health second try +2 yellow red ap +2 all ap and 100% damage boosts and cleared it icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Monged4life
    Options
    My Lvl 147 3 blueflag.png 2 yellowflag.png 2 redflag.png struggled with this. Got him on the 6th attempt with +100% match damage, +2 all, and Crit Boost.

That was awesome to be able to actually compete in this this time around. I stand by the fact that the well balanced 4* ddq's remain one of the best parts of the game at the moment, for sheer puzzle-mindedness. Its just a shame they only come once a week...
  • Moovine
    Options
    Been trying with my level 115 3 redflag.png, 1 yellowflag.png, 1 blueflag.png with not much luck. Did best on my first attempt without boosts - down to half health. Been trying to deny green primarily, but still getting destroyed. What are the best boosts to use? +2 yellow & red, +2 all and 100% damage?