20 Iso-8 Rewards Eliminated

Options
David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited February 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Hello,

We’d like to announce and confirm what some eagle-eyed players have already begun noticing – 20 Iso-8 mission rewards are going away. We hope this much-requested change is one you will enjoy.

Demiurge Quote:
    “We’ve removed the 20 Iso-8 mission rewards from all missions. Now, when you complete a mission, you’ll earn each mission reward randomly until you’ve earned all of them. We’ve upped the number of mission rewards to 7, and included more 100 Iso-8 rewards. We’ve also made this change in the Prologue chapters, and added more Iso-8 prizes to existing missions. We recommend heading back there and taking on Ragnarok again
icon_e_smile.gif

These changes are live in the current Gauntlet event, and will be in full effect during the Venom Heroic event beginning Monday, February 8th, as well as all future Story events.”

Thanks very much. Have fun out there!

Comments

• BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Let me be the first to say THANK YOU.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This is unequivocally great news.

That's even considering 48-hour PvE subs where our final grinds might go unrewarded. At least we won't be leaving any rewards on the table.
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Options
    So, what happens on that 8th pass through a node during your grind? (yes, I know the answer.....)
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Amazing! Thank you!

I have a feeling this will be the most popular post you've ever made...... icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yes. Definitely good. I can't even begin to count the number of tokens and 500 iso rewards I've left behind un-claimed. Now their mine. All mine. icon_twisted.gif

JJ
  • Nellyson
    Nellyson Posts: 354 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Thank you for listening! Granted this probably took a long time to implement, but thank you. I hate 20 ISO and I'm very happy it's gone.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Thank you. To be clear, there are no rewards once those seven are cleared? If so, that seems like a fair trade off.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    3865280.jpg

Thank you!
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,371 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yay! Thank you so much!

Are you considering improving the rewards structure for wave nodes as well? Even though it now seems guaranteed to get a prize from the pool when you fight though all the waves, I've always found the rewards disappointing because only the first time you fight through it you will get rewards per wave.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2016
    Options
    my prologue hasn't changed. any idea when that change hits? thanks again. this is incredibly great news here during the pvp iso drop issues. any update to the versus issues? thanks again - this is great news.

also - the cp nodes on the gauntlet have 2 items, will the cp nodes in normal pves also be limited to 2 items? I'd be ok with 2-4 items there.
  • xdogg
    xdogg Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Great change! Thanks for listening. I don't see any new rewards in the Prologue either though.
  • rawfsu
    rawfsu Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    GLORY! HALLELUJAH!
  • Rob13
    Rob13 Posts: 41
    Options
    Can't wait to hear somebody find a fault with this!
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Love the change! Thank you!

My only concern with the changes will be how they play out in subs that last 48 hours. I get the feeling that plenty of players will be grinding nodes for no rewards for quite a while.

It might be worth giving those nodes more clear options.

Then again this is only a 'problem' facing the small minority of players who'll be grinding those subs for top 20 rewards. This is definitely a nitpick suggestion. I absolutely love the changes as implemented.

Thanks again!
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Rob13 wrote:
    Can't wait to hear somebody find a fault with this!

UGH, I was hoping they'd go for my repeated suggestion of upping it to 30 ISO. icon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gif

But seriously,

64032605.jpg
  • WelcomeDeath
    WelcomeDeath Posts: 349 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    First off...Thank you for finally changing this. Couple questions. When will prologue rewards go live? Monday? Also, any consideration to changing 48 hour subs to extra rewards? Finally, it's possible to do 9 clears in a 24 hour sub before you get to 1 pt at the end. Any thought to upping to 9? Just curious, very happy as it is.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Options
    babinro wrote:
    Love the change! Thank you!

My only concern with the changes will be how they play out in subs that last 48 hours. I get the feeling that plenty of players will be grinding nodes for no rewards for quite a while.

It might be worth giving those nodes more clear options.

Then again this is only a 'problem' facing the small minority of players who'll be grinding those subs for top 20 rewards. This is definitely a nitpick suggestion. I absolutely love the changes as implemented.

Thanks again!

Grinding the 48-hour sub down to 1 will involve grinding each node 12 times. Once every 8 hours (6 times total) and then a final grind of 6 times, for a total of 12 victories. With 7 total reward nodes, that's 5 empty wins.

Under the old system, with 4 rewards, you'd get at most, those 4 rewards, plus at least 8 20-ISO rewards. Assuming that the three added rewards are worth at least 160 ISO, you'll come out on top under the new system every single time, even under the worst-case scenario of a 48-hour sub fully ground down. In every other situation, you'll end up even better off.
  • pmorcs
    pmorcs Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Thanks for listening! This seriously fixes some unfun tedium.
  • Coltsjustwin
    Coltsjustwin Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Options
    It doesn't seem real.
    Glad to see such positive changes the past few months.
  • GoreSlasher
    GoreSlasher Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I do prologue nodes repeatedly into the 1000s. That's one of the main reasons I was able to champion all 40 of my 3*s in 30 days. (And they were all at lvl 160 at the time, not 166, when the ability to champion began. That came out to 15,404 + 7500 ISO per character) After 7/7 rewards, I was hoping 20 ISO would take effect instead of nothing. Its a crucial way many players have been able to earn ISO and would be harmless to leave that feature in with the addition of the 7 rewards. I might be the only player to admit that this hurts.

UPDATE:
    Having played through the prologue post change, I'd implore the developers to at least leave the nodes unlocked.

I use the prologue as a therapy tool for patients with Alzheimer's, my dad included, and having them play a simple Prologue mission and receiving even a 20 ISO reward was intriguing and invigorating to them. The point that they could make progress toward something, (Yes they understand how progress is made by earning ISO to champion characters.) was helping them immensely. The prologue offered an easy, simple, "practice ground" area in the game that wouldn't affect my main contests and would still result in the earning of a reward, albeit 20 ISO, that made them feel accomplished. Now, once these missions are completed, the prologue becomes an abandoned waste land. While I'm not bashing the change or being that one rotten apple in the basket that is just looking to complain--I'm merely pointing out how removing a seemingly useless feature in the game as a sacrifice for a new change, while both can co-exist, can negatively impact the game.

My point simply is--add the new reward system but still offer 20 ISO after 7/7 rewards are earned. And leave those prologue nodes unlocked.