February Community Video: Deadpool Month

Options
David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited February 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi everyone,

The February Community Video is now available for viewing at the Marvel Puzzle Quest YouTube channel. We invite you to join Demiurge’s Will Jennings-Hess and Miles Benjamin as they discuss a busy past few weeks full of improvements and chat about more cool updates on the way. And Deadpool. February belongs to Deadpool.

You can WATCH THE VIDEO HERE.

MPQ_February_Community_Video_2016.jpg

Video Topics:

February is Deadpool Month
    -Valentine's Day Versus Event. -1 Year Anniversary of Deadpool's Daily Quest. - Adding variety to the DDQ missions. - Randomized DDQ missions.

Character Updates
    - Quicksilver is now live. - Iron Man (Model 40) in R94 and Vision in R95.

Spider-Gwen
    - First Non-Universe Character

Women of Marvel
    -Starting in March, Updated covers for the entire month.

Odds & Ends
    - Claim all Rewards for Facebook and Events. - No More 20-Iso-8. - News Pop-ups are only viewable once (can be seen again in the Options Menu). - Matchmaking Improvements in Versus and Difficulty adjustments in Story events (delayed but coming soon). - Re-tuned the Powered-Up Characters - Season 24 will have four 4-Stars that are powered up each week.

Comments

• TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Character Updates
    - Iron Man (Model 40) in R94

icon_eek.gif

This city is headed for a disaster of biblical proportions.

What do you mean, "biblical"?

What he means is Old Testament, Mr. Mayor, real wrath of God type stuff.

Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling!

Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes...

The dead rising from the grave!

Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    Character Updates

icon_spiderman.pngicon_psylocke.pngicon_punisher.png look on and wonder when they will have their turn at getting some love.
  • JamesV
    JamesV Posts: 98 Match Maker
    Options
    - Adding variety to the DDQ missions.
    - Randomized DDQ missions.

This could go either way...
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thanks for this.
    - Re-tuned the Powered-Up Characters

Ok, I know I sound like a scratched record after a whole month of asking, but I promise I'll stop once we get an answer. Will says that the change to powered up characters came as a way to update the playing field now that there are 5*s around. If so, then why were powered up 2* and 3*s made WEAKER instead of stronger?
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Iron Man 40 update? I KNEW IT!
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I've been having a lot of fun with the new icon_quicksilver.png (he's fast now!) Looking forward to the future character changes.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2016
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

February is Deadpool Month
      -Valentine's Day Versus Event. -1 Year Anniversary of Deadpool's Daily Quest. - Adding variety to the DDQ missions. - Randomized DDQ missions.

Hrm, thanks but no thanks - I like that DDQ is a known measure.
    Character Updates
    IM and Vision are both good choices. Based on the changes to QS, I feel that these two might also get moved into "niche character" roles, which could be for the best. I've got some very particular things I'd like to see for Vision, so I'll probably be disappointed if he's not changed exactly how I imagine it.
    Spider-Gwen
    I don't think that word means what you think it means.
    Women of Marvel
      -Starting in March, Updated covers for the entire month.
    Cool. This was fun last year. For your consideration, please give 4* Thor the cover from Thor #4 or #5 (both are great)
    Odds & Ends
      - Claim all Rewards for Facebook and Events. - No More 20-Iso-8. - News Pop-ups are only viewable once (can be seen again in the Options Menu). - Matchmaking Improvements in Versus and Difficulty adjustments in Story events (delayed but coming soon). - Re-tuned the Powered-Up Characters - Season 24 will have four 4-Stars that are powered up each week.
    Cool cool cool.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So, with randomized DDQ are we still going to have the survival nodes alternate waves with just goons and waves with just characters?
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So, with randomized DDQ are we still going to have the survival nodes alternate waves with just goons and waves with just characters?
    if they don't keep the goon/character/goon/character cycle, it's gonna make it much harder for the 2*-3* transitioner.
  • CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Thanks for this.
    - Re-tuned the Powered-Up Characters

Ok, I know I sound like a scratched record after a whole month of asking, but I promise I'll stop once we get an answer. Will says that the change to powered up characters came as a way to update the playing field now that there are 5*s around. If so, then why were powered up 2* and 3*s made WEAKER instead of stronger?

1000x this. I really don't like that my 3* roster has been rendered so feeble by the scaling changes to boosted 3* characters. Now I can't reliably compete with 4* rosters, and worse I can no longer compete for 4* covers to move along my transition. I can champ up my 3* roster, but I'm falling further behind the 4* (let alone luck driven 5*) horde.

Let's face it - 3*'s are generally only competitive in PVP above ~300 points (give or take) when boosted. By lowering ability damage on boosted 3* by ~25%, my ability to compete for 4* covers has gone down the drain. How is that good for progression and long term health of the game???
  • Redrobot30
    Redrobot30 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I was wondering the same. It will definitely change how you play that node from now on if you fight against a mix of characters and goons in every wave. I think it will be fun to take on, but that is coming from someone going through the 4* transition. DDQ was originally put into to play to help people with the 3* transition, wonder if that will make it harder on those folks, of course this is all just speculation until we actually get to see it for ourselves...
  • pabasa130
    pabasa130 Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    if they don't keep the goon/character/goon/character cycle, it's gonna make it much harder for the 2*-3* transitioner.

This. I don't mind randomising the enemies for DDQ, especially for the 2* nodes and the fact that we had 2 new goon types since implementation (symbiotes and ultron minions).

But please, please keep the Big Enchilada on a minion->hero->minion->hero cycle. DDQ is the most casual game play in MPQ which gives out nice covers and if I'm not in the mood to play, the only game play I do daily just for the ISO and to get my daily rewards. Please do not up the difficulty for this one.
  • Can we get an update thread for Iron Man 40?

...I'm That Guy Now, who has two IM40 Yellow covers sitting in my queue, but I still use his 1 cover Recharge quite a bit. Fastest way to charge up Mr. Rodgers and junk.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    Which would probably be their exact goal.
    ;+)
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,087 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    TLCstormz wrote:
    TxMoose wrote:
    Which would probably be their exact goal.
    ;+)

yeap protect their whales and crush the newbies icon_e_smile.gif
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:

Yup. I already imagine we're going to be seeing Sentries and Symbiotes, which is bad enough, but one the best things about DDQ is that a 2* team can do it with strategy. Strategy in a puzzle game? Unheard of!

It wouldn't surprise me to see 4 waves of character+goon+goon, like they do in Growth Industry.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's not the low-variety of DDQ that bothers me.

It's that there are almost 3/4th's as many 4*'s as 3*'s, but they show up 1/5th's as often.

And it's that since the introduction of vaults, we are only just coming up to the point of being worth opening them to ensure the 4*'s. Size 100 vaults would be plenty.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I hope random ddq means more tacos.

Even getting 4 a day wouldn't do much to make a dent on the vault desireables.(3+)
    Wouldn't hurt since champions can have 100 of each cover.
  • Born2DieNPvP
    Options
    Spider-Gwen
    I don't think that word means what you think it means.
    That's what I was thinking. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Heartburn
    Options
    hopefully they don't nerf the ladies again this year for women of marvel month.