Patch Notes - R94 (02/16/16)

David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited February 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
R94 Patch Notes

Villains need love too…

What’s Hot
    -Season XXIV is underway! - Versus action with Spider-Gwen begins!

What’s Changed
    - Ability updates for Iron Man (Model 40). - Fixed a bug where damage dealt by Nova's
Rocket Man power was unaffected by Strike and Protect tiles.
- Players no longer see the enemy Nova's Rocket Man power go off when the enemy Nova's Takeoff power changes to Rocket Man.
- Fixed a few bugs in the early stages of the game that could potentially block player progression.
- Lots of behind-the-scenes work on character and matchmaking tech.

Comments

• STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Villains need love too…

FINALLY! Been burned on all these goody two-shoes.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Lady Deadpool?
  • Probably a Spidey-villain, cause Spider-fest right now.

But "Needs love too" feels like it implies a love interest.

So, Black Cat?
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]- Lots of behind-the-scenes work on character and matchmaking tech.

Hopefully a fix to 2* and 3* characters having their ability damage greatly reduced when powered up....?

(nope, not dropping the matter until it's either fixed or at least acknowledged.)
  • Marine8394
    Marine8394 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    Vilians need love too? Great here comes Spider Ham Venom Gwen Carnage Super Iron Wolverine X BlahBlah. Hard to be positive when it just ain't shaking toward dark nasty ugly and something to be heroic against.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    Villains need love too…

Emma Frost? Although I'm not sure if what she's got going with Scott is necessarily "love". A bit out of left field right now.

Thanos? He pines for the love of Lady Death? And this could play out with great interest in the month of Deadpool. Although I think introducing the Mad Titan as a playable character just isn't going to float with a lot of people.

Archangel? Angel and Psylocke form a very deep personal relationship and, to some extent, Angel relies on that to keep his Archangel persona in check. He could make for the third X-Force branded character, or "tie-in" for Apocalypse (yeah, I know, different studios, blah blah - if I were Marvel, I'd be trying to leverage Fox's movie into as much of my own content as possible in order to direct customers money into my own pockets).

Ah, who am I kidding? We all know it's going to be the greatest, the one and only The Shocker.
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 622 Critical Contributor
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    Villains need love too…

Thanos and his love for Death herself was the first and only thing I thought of here.

hqdefault.jpg

But despite Thanos being my alltime favourite Marvel "villain", I personally don't want to see him in MPQ until his arrival can be done on a suitably grand scale. (And, whether he winds up as a playable 5* or stays a boss encounter only, I would hope the Devs take into consideration the many times on this board that the very-obvious idea has been presented of Thanos being the first 6-power character -- with each AP pool representing a different Infinity Gem.)
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mawtful wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    Villains need love too…

Emma Frost? Although I'm not sure if what she's got going with Scott is necessarily "love". A bit out of left field right now.

Thanos? He pines for the love of Lady Death? And this could play out with great interest in the month of Deadpool. Although I think introducing the Mad Titan as a playable character just isn't going to float with a lot of people.

Archangel? Angel and Psylocke form a very deep personal relationship and, to some extent, Angel relies on that to keep his Archangel persona in check. He could make for the third X-Force branded character, or "tie-in" for Apocalypse (yeah, I know, different studios, blah blah - if I were Marvel, I'd be trying to leverage Fox's movie into as much of my own content as possible in order to direct customers money into my own pockets).

Ah, who am I kidding? We all know it's going to be the greatest, the one and only The Shocker.
    The Shocker. Not sure using The Shocker counts as love, butt I see where it's going.

I wondered about Emma Frost, but after looking through villains to refresh my memory (and eliminating Thanos, 'cause it's too soon with the movie so far off) I noticed Enchantress. "Has she been in the comics recently?" (Looked at her wiki page) "Teamed up with the Hood for his version of the Illuminati... Well, if a scrub like him can make it into the game, then a more classic villain like her could too." There are 3 Thors, and only one villain for him, so a new one for them sounds fine to me. And she was looking for a little love from him too. Ohhh myyyy. (Now where the heck is Hercules? Maybe 5 Norse characters, and the only Greek one is Ares? I'd never even seen him in comics prior to him showing up in game.)
  • Magnetorules
    Magnetorules Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    I really hope it is Thanos! If it's going to be a 4* I couldn't imagine them wasting that on Black Cat. I would love to see a 5* Thanos!
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why isn't it just as simple as there is a villain coming, there hasn't been one in a while, and it is Valentine's Day?
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    When they mentioned "needs love" I thought Enchantress.
  • fun_and_gun
    fun_and_gun Posts: 120 Tile Toppler
    gwenpool...to go along with spider-gwen
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    The hint is so generic it's almost impossible to have a right guess based on it. I mean the most majority of villains are "born" because they lack attention or love when they we're young.

But at least we know for sure that we we'll have a villain so that alone is good news.

If the Spider-verse continue, I would like to see Mysterio, but if we think of love interest, then Harry Osborn (a.k.a Green Goblin) is the most appropriate guess.
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    D4Ni13 wrote:
    The hint is so generic it's almost impossible to have a right guess based on it. I mean the most majority of villains are "born" because they lack attention or love when they we're young.

But at least we know for sure that we we'll have a villain so that alone is good news.

If the Spider-verse continue, I would like to see Mysterio, but if we think of love interest, then Harry Osborn (a.k.a Green Goblin) is the most appropriate guess.

I haven't fully caught up yet, still in 2012 Amazing Spider-Man, but there were two villains in love (not to each other) since 2009: Menace and the Rhino. Highly unlikely.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,159 Chairperson of the Boards
    Villians Need Love Too

"Love" can be expressed as <3

"Too" is homophonic with "two", aka 2

Taking the first letters of "Villains Need", it can be expressed as

VN <32

V is the 22nd letter in the English alphabet, N is the 14th

Therefore 22 14 <32

In order to make the inequality true, we take 22 minus 14 to get 8.

8 < 32

Simplifying them: 1 < 4

This clearly corresponds to Dr Doom (one person) being numerically less than the Fantastic Four (4 people). Doom has always sought love from Sue Storm, and he also loves power and his intellect. In Secret Wars, he finally gets Sue as his lover. In addition, 1+4=5.

5* God Emperor Doom confirmed
  • Please be Superior Spiderman
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    Probably not Thanos. IceIX was asked in a podcast two months ago about Thanos, and he indicated that Thanos was likely to eventually turn up as a boss, rather than a playable character. I'd expect a Thanos themed event to tie in with the Avengers 3 cinematic release.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    morph3us wrote:
    Probably not Thanos. IceIX was asked in a podcast two months ago about Thanos, and he indicated that Thanos was likely to eventually turn up as a boss, rather than a playable character. I'd expect a Thanos themed event to tie in with the Avengers 3 cinematic release.
    Terraxia, then. icon_cool.gif
  • Lemminkäinen
    Lemminkäinen Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    4* Daken: Villain, check. Pheromones for "love", check. Another Wolverine, check!
  • _Ryu_
    _Ryu_ Posts: 149
    Are you kidding me, where is the "Fixed champion power nerf when buffed" spot, seriously? Didnt it get fixed with this update?

It a shame looking at my buffed to lvl240 and above 3* champions doing so less dmg then before!