Patch Notes - R96 (03/14/16)

Options
David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited March 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
R96!
    Stay vigilant…

What’s Hot…
    - Versus Season XXV gets underway! Rumble into battle with Quake!

What’s Changed…
    - Tiles now update correctly after a hero is stunned. - Passive effects no longer trigger right before a hero is downed after being airborne. - Green Goblin no longer fortifies tiles that are already fortified. - Miles Morales no longer activates
Hide and Seek when there aren’t any available purple tiles on the board.
- Fixed a bug in the early parts of the game that could prevent player progression.

Comments

• kirk justice
    kirk justice Posts: 60 Match Maker
    Options
    So no more buffs to 3* characters?
  • Deadpool369
    Deadpool369 Posts: 53 Match Maker
    Options
    I hope there's not too many puns for this thread
  • Antlion
    Antlion Posts: 19
    Options
    4* Punisher or Stick coming for daredevil season 2? We might not get any non movie or tv related characters for a while....
  • TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    We're getting Mad-Eye Moody! "CONSTANT VIGILANCE!"

...no?
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Another anagram, obviously.

Tiny Vista Gal = Wasp
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Some bug fixes. Nice!
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Antlion wrote:
    4* Punisher or Stick coming for daredevil season 2? We might not get any non movie or tv related characters for a while....

5*, hopefully. They seem to be doing a 4* character and a 5* character each month, which I really hope they continue because it keeps mind-numbing new character PvE grinds to a minimum.
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    New daredevil season starting soon.
    Sounds like Punisher to me, and he will be a 5*
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If we do get a 5* Punisher now would be a great time to buff the 3* punisher. All he needs is more damage on black and green, a la the Vision update, only this time it would work and he could be a very good 3*.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    We're getting Mad-Eye Moody! "CONSTANT VIGILANCE!"

...no?
    But Moody was
    actually Barty Crouch Jr, who was played by David Tennant. The clue points squarely at Killgrave!
  • TheWerebison
    Options
    Remember, this month is about women, though. At least I'm fairly sure the whole month will be dedicated to that. So I'm thinking no Punisher.
  • Lukoil
    Lukoil Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So where are the matchmaking/scaling fixes/changes you mentioned awhile ago?????
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Until someone with inside knowledge tells me otherwise, this is definitely either another version of Punisher or Daredevil. Does Punisher have any other distinct versions worthy of an additional character, though? As for Daredevil, we could get him in the black suit, as the head of / possessed by The Hand (circa Shadowland.)
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm not a comic aficionado, so I'm not sure why "stay vigilant" is pointing everyone to Punisher or Daredevil. The existing character whose name I most associate with vigilance is Sentry.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm not a comic aficionado, so I'm not sure why "stay vigilant" is pointing everyone to Punisher or Daredevil. The existing character whose name I most associate with vigilance is Sentry.

Because both are vigilantes and many people have called for a reworking of 3* Punisher.
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It's probably 5* Punisher. There are many vigilanties in Marvel, but there is only one whose definition is equal to staying vigilant, and that is the Punisher, no doubt about it.
  • TheWerebison
    Options
    A-ha, but check out this passage from the Marvel wiki!

"Mockingbird re-entered into government service. She participated in Operation: Vigilance..."

Perhaps a bit more obscure than just talking about vigilantes, but still, I hold that this is Marvel's women's month.
  • Antlion
    Antlion Posts: 19
    Options

"Mockingbird re-entered into government service. She participated in Operation: Vigilance..."

Perhaps a bit more obscure than just talking about vigilantes, but still, I hold that this is Marvel's women's month.
    Good point. I forgot it's women's history month, not week.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

And Mockingbird is one of the Women of Power variant covers being done by Marvel - one of the few characters featured in that range not already in the game.
  • Chipster22
    Chipster22 Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Mockingbird would make sense because she is also on Agents of Shield along with Quake.