The hoard returns in Season XXIV

Options
2»

Comments

• CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've also observed this. I bought a Thick as Thieves token when the event started, and pulled Colossus red. The next time I loaded the game, the cover was gone from my queue and I'd gotten the 200 HP back. Bought another one, Colossus red again. An hour later that cover was also reverted somehow. Since I'd just get another useless Colossus red, I just went on with my day. That night, after I'd gone on a CP spending binge, I figured I'd try again, to test if whatever mechanism kept repeating the same cover would be reset by pulling other tokens in between. Result: Colossus red.
  • Whub Whubz
    Options
    Last time i horded to 50 legendary tokens I opened 3 Five star covers, never again.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wow, this hoard was a lot more popular than any of my previous ones. I guess that crazy 5* rate did it, huh?

To answer some of the points raised:
    colwag wrote:
    mindsuckr wrote:
    With events like Oscorp or Hulk being post-event vaults, they reset every time you pull from them, correct?
    You gain the advantage of a 1/80 odds on a leg token every token, but lose the advantage of increasing odds on the leg token with each pull making the pool smaller. Do you find the pro outweighs the con?

You are trading a very small probability of getting multiple legendaries for a much higher number of 2* over a large number of pulls. Does that sound like a trade you want to make?

The guy had 4 tokens in his vault events. The odds of getting a Gold cover were not getting much better with only 4 tokens.

And if they're looking mainly for specific 4* covers, cycling vaults until you get one (or two, if you're greedy) that you want will give you much better odds of getting what you want compared to just going for the 1/77 Legendary odds.
    Sorry for the nesting, but context is valuable here. Indeed, I like the fact that the vaults reset post-event. Besides 5* characters, I'm fortunate enough to only really want/need a handful of covers so getting an extra shot at the legendary token pull is perhaps the most valuable thing. I did actually have a few more PvP Matchmaking tokens overall, but I opened a few during the event itself as my vault had a decent lineup.
    Selection bias. Nobody posts about their awesome 1/9 pulls or their super great 2/15 pulls. You better believe, though, that when someone pulls 8/32 and transforms their roster in one day that it will get posted, read, and remembered.
    As Simonsez pointed out later (with greater venom) you can't really accuse me of selection bias. I've been posting my hauls for months now, both good and bad. Sorry. icon_e_wink.gif
    evil panda wrote:
    Now I know who took my 5* pulls. Please come to my alliance and CP me up in compensation icon_e_wink.gif
    If I had 1 CoP for every time I've heard that since this thread opened, I'd have...at least one more legendary pull. icon_lol.gif
    blargrx wrote:
    Nice! I'm also a hoarder of tokens. Did you open all of your tokens in the order listed or jump back and forth between different vaults, events, standard and heroic tokens?
    In my earlier hoard threads, I laid out my methodology in more detail. Since I'm going on something like my tenth season of hoarding, I've been much less verbose. That said, I just go left to right as they appear in my stash, skipping only the legendaries. Because you gotta save the best for last, right? icon_cool.gif
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    El Satanno wrote:
    Selection bias. Nobody posts about their awesome 1/9 pulls or their super great 2/15 pulls. You better believe, though, that when someone pulls 8/32 and transforms their roster in one day that it will get posted, read, and remembered.
    As Simonsez pointed out later (with greater venom) you can't really accuse me of selection bias. I've been posting my hauls for months now, both good and bad. Sorry. icon_e_wink.gif
    I read that more as a comment on people posting and discussing pull results in general.