Crash of the Titans Cycle 2: Jean Grey

Options
gigatilburg29
gigatilburg29 Posts: 88 Match Maker
Upcoming deadpool daily legendary token challenge has JG 4* as a requirment. Mine is 3-4-0 level 168, do I have a chance to beat the oponnent and do I have tk yous boosts?

Previous Runs
Crash of the Titans Cycle 1: Jean Grey

Comments

• Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sure if you can set up match 5s in useless colours for them.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Well, it's Moonstone, or at least it was last time. Not having any green hurts your ways to hurt her, but at least she can't Control Shift any special tiles on you. Boosts would likely help. The big thing is to deny her red. You don't want her doing Photon Blast on you at lvl 270. Deny purple too, but you'll be going for that anyway for your Mind over Matter. That 4 blue you have may buy you some breathing room but like the other post said, hope that it's in useless colors.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Match purple/red until you're ready to kill Moonstone. Try to leave non-red match-5's (hard if you aren't used to it). Don't use green until it's a kill-shot, so you don't have to worry about Moonstone stealing your tiles.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    A mod may want to retitle this thread so that it can be more easily searched when Round 3 comes around.
  • Tatercat
    Options
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'll make a single attempt at it tomorrow but I expect to be KO'd quickly with my icon_jeangrey.png at a mere 2/0/1.
  • Cortez
    Cortez Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Brought my JG 1/1/2 JG up to Lvl 94 and I beat Moonstone on the second try. Full Boosts and a very lucky board. Had 5 or 6 crit tiles in that match. Got a icon_iceman.pnggreenflag.png for my troubles, very well invested 3k iso to bring her up...
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Cortez wrote:
    Brought my JG 1/1/2 JG up to Lvl 94 and I beat Moonstone on the second try. Full Boosts and a very lucky board. Had 5 or 6 crit tiles in that match. Got a icon_iceman.pnggreenflag.png for my troubles, very well invested 3k iso to bring her up...

Wow, I can't even get close with my 2/2/4 if @150. 6 tried so far and I haven't gotten her below 5k.
  • Tatercat
    Options
    Got it first try with level 253, 5/3/5. Still was close tho. Saved up to fire off 2 greenflag.png and 1 purpleflag.png , figuring that would do it, but I forgot I had skipped boosts, so she was still standing. She had gotten off two purpleflag.png and her blackflag.png , but I wore her down enough anyway. Don't remember it being that close last time with a 168 JG at the time.

Perhaps appropriately enough, I got a green Phoenix from the LT.
  • vinnygecko
    vinnygecko Posts: 241 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I was very, very, very lucky on this one. Won on first try with level 135 JG at 1/1/4. Boosted all AP, all match damage, and g/b AP. Only had 531 HP by the end, and probably would have eaten Moonstone's red had I not lucked into a nice cascade after firing off green.

Got my 7th blackflag.pngicon_deadpool.png, who is still 0/5/5 (where is his red!??!?)
  • Qwertylot
    Qwertylot Posts: 30
    Options
    It only took me 24 tries with a 5/1/3 lvl 146 Jean. icon_e_confused.gif

Every time I got her to 5k or below (which was the majority of those tries) she'd get enough ap for something to down me. I was very lucky in the last match; lucky cascades for me in the beginning, and I had 300hp and she had 4k at the end. I fired green and purple powers and was able to match damage the last 1k of her health before she could kill me.
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'll make a single attempt at it tomorrow but I expect to be KO'd quickly with my icon_jeangrey.png at a mere 2/0/1.

I impressed myself by lasting as long as I did, about a dozen rounds. I went to AP denial, keeping the AI from gaining its strongest colors as much as possible. I still managed to charge up & fire my powers a few times but I just didn't have the damage and health to outlast the computer. It was a good exercise, though.
  • Ralph-Wiggum
    Ralph-Wiggum Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I haven't come close with my level 100 4/2/1 Jean. In my best try, I did about 10K damage to Moonstone, but she still had 8K left. I don't think it's very likely to happen...
  • motownjunkie
    motownjunkie Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Options
    Thought my 3/5/3 Jean wouldn't find it too difficult - how wrong I was! Managed it after about 15 tries and levelling Jean to level 200, even then it took a lucky board.

Got purpleflag.pngicon_nickfury.png to make him 4/2/5. Been on a run of pulling Chulk so happy to get something a bit better!
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I must be really rubbish at this game. My level 274 5/3/5 took 5 attempts, and even then won only with the help of boosts.

:edit: Oh yeah, got a purple x23 from the token, so 1000 ISO.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Took 11 tries, using up all my match damage boosts and even buying a few hp boosts for the first time. This is a surprisingly tough matchup given how strong jg is in the team game. I think the main points of difficulty are :

--Jg is squishy for a 4*, especially at low level
    --Moonstone is super high health for whatever reason
    --Moonstone (post change to her black) has a nice design of damned if you do (use special tiles) and damned if you dont (use special tiles)
    --jg specializes in aoe damage that useless in 1v1.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    That was surprisingly difficult for my level 284 Jean, didn't expect that.

First try Moonstone was still standing after two greens and one purple, then promptly stole my tiles and matched me to death.

Second try I did purple after she stole the tiles and grabbed enough green after that for the kill.

Got another champion level on Cyke from the LT.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
  • ninjar69
    ninjar69 Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Took me about 23 Tries with my lvl 127 2 2 2 JG. N what do I get. A freaking yellow miles grrrr
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    vinnygecko wrote:
    I was very, very, very lucky on this one. Won on first try with level 135 JG at 1/1/4. Boosted all AP, all match damage, and g/b AP. Only had 531 HP by the end, and probably would have eaten Moonstone's red had I not lucked into a nice cascade after firing off green.

Got my 7th blackflag.pngicon_deadpool.png, who is still 0/5/5 (where is his red!??!?)

Apparently I'm getting them - got my 7th or 8th red for my 5/2/0 Deadpool...

Took 3 attempts with my 3/3/5 188 Jean, minimal boosts of first attempt, which hurt, some more on second and I got close, went +2 All, +50 b/p, +100 all and did it quite comfortably in the end.
    I'm starting to get the knack for AP denial worth these Crashes!