Did anyone else see a 4* Black Panther banner on Facebook?

Dragon_Nexus
Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
edited April 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I'm so annoyed I didn't screencap it.
I just saw this banner on Facebook with a brief description of how cool BP is. It had an image of a slightly modified looking Black Panther with star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png next to it and the literal same moves as his 3* counterpart.

If this is true...I thought we were past this?

Comments

• BigBZ32
    BigBZ32 Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    I saw it on Twitter and didn't think about it being star.pngstar.pngstar.png or star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png because I was like why would they advertise BP like that when he's been out forever. I checked the Twitter page and the tweet is no longer there.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    If someone knows how to get into Firefox' cache and turn the random files into images, I'll go sifting to see if the image file got cache'd before I refreshed the page.

Otherwise I dunno how to find it.

Ugh, looking up images on Google...
    latest?cb=20141006160949

That pose on the right, that's what he looked like. I thought the armour was more modified than that. It's possible they put the image up as simple promotion then realised "Whoops, we put too many stars on the image!" and took it down again.

The image was like this format.
    1052564_982281851819001_745929570968782141_o.png
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    It's possible they put the image up as simple promotion then realised 'Whoops, we put too many stars on the image!' and took it down again.

Ding ding ding! Sorry, no 4-Star Black Panther imminent.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    It's possible they put the image up as simple promotion then realised 'Whoops, we put too many stars on the image!' and took it down again.

Oh good, I was starting to think I'd gone mental @_o
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

Awwwww! He'd be an AWESOME promotion for Civil War, though........

:+(
  • SpecSpecter
    SpecSpecter Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    TLCstormz wrote:

But would you really prefer another variant of an existing character over the possibility of a whole new one? I mean it's pretty safe odds we'll be getting a Winter Solider.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    TLCstormz wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

That's what puzzled me, I figured if they were going to do that he'd have looked more like his movie counterpart.
  • TLCstormz wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

That's what puzzled me, I figured if they were going to do that he'd have looked more like his movie counterpart.

icon_cool.gif
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

No need to apologise.

Honestly, none.