'Civil War' Details - Part II

David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited May 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Forum folks,

We know you still have some questions about the upcoming Civil War events. You've probably skimmed through the recently-posted 'Civil War' Event Info. Here's some additional info from Demiurge that we hope you'll find useful. The devs will be keeping an eye on this thread and should be able to answer a few questions when time permits. Thanks!

Additional 'Civil War' Details

Who’s side will you be on?

We are extremely excited to have everyone play in the new Civil War Event. The event is a boss battle like Galactus and Ultron, with some new mechanics. We know everyone is deciding what side they want to choose and we have some information that will hopefully help you make that decision.

General Information
    • The Civil War event starts at 12:00pm EDT on Thursday May 5th and will run for three and a half days. There will be a second run of the event at 12:00pm EDT on Thursday May 26th. • Winter Soldier will be a featured hero for Team Cap during the first run of the event. War Machine will be a featured hero for Team Iron Man during the second run of the event. • Every playable character in the game is playable on each side. • The featured characters for each side for the first run of the Civil War Event:
    o Team Cap - Team Cap (any), Winter Soldier, Scarlet Witch, Human Torch (any), Daredevil, Hawkeye (any), Steve Rogers (any), Sam Wilson (any), Punisher (any), Thing, Storm (any) o Team Iron Man - Team Iron Man (any), Iron Man (Any), Black Panther, Black Widow (Any), Mr. Fantastic, Vision, Quake, Ares, Captain Marvel (any)

• Powered-Up characters for each side:
    o Team Cap - Winter Soldier, Scarlet Witch Hawkeye (Modern), Steve Rogers (all), Sam Wilson (all), Thing, Ant-Man, Punisher (Dark Reign), Human Torch (all), Daredevil, Storm (Classic), Storm (Modern) o Team Iron Man - Iron Man (all), Black Panther, Black Widow (all), Mr. Fantastic, Nick Fury, Quake, Vision, Captain Marvel (all), Ares

Alliance Mechanics
    • The first 20 people who join the event under an alliance are locked into that leaderboard for the remainder of the event. • If you join the event for an alliance that already has 20 people in the same leaderboard, you’ll be put into another leaderboard for the remainder of the event. • Your alliance must choose a side to fight on. This event is balanced so an Alliance can complete one of the Boss Battles, but not both. Trying to switch sides will not help you. • If you're not sure which side you want to play, it's okay to try both, but your alliance should focus on one side to get the best rewards. • Missions completed on one side are locked out for both sides until the mission refreshes.

Boss Versions of New Characters

Boss versions of Steve Rogers and Iron Man will be opponent for the event. The boss versions have slightly different powers from their playable counterparts. Here are the abilities for the Boss Versions:

Iron Man (Civil War)

Winning Team - 6 Red AP
“You know I’m going to win eventually, right? Iron Man lets loose a barrage of repulsor blasts while his systems reach full power. Deals damage and creates random Charged tiles.

(PASSIVE) At the start of the turn, if there are more than 8 charged tiles, destroy all of them.”

Girl FRIDAY - 12 Blue AP
Ok, FRIDAY, let’s hit ‘em where it hurts. Converts tiles of the enemy’s strongest color basic tiles to Red. After the board settles, destroys all remaining basic Red tiles (Does not generate AP).

(PASSIVE) Iron Man cannot be stunned or sent airborne.

House Party Protocol - 8 Yellow AP
Welcome to the party, boys. Iron Man empties the vaults and calls his back-up armor to his aid. Replaces up to two of Iron Man’s downed or missing teammates with autonomous Iron Man Drones.

(PASSIVE) When Iron Man becomes downed, down all House Party Protocol Drones.

Steve Rogers (Civil War)

Earth’s Mightiest Vigilantes - 0 Yellow AP
(PASSIVE) Captain America calls his allies to stand by his side. If Cap is the last member of his team and one does not already exist, creates a Fortified Countdown tile which adds Sam Wilson, Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, Ant-Man, or Winter Soldier to his team.

Shield Bash - 9 Red AP
Shield raised, Steve charges forward, deflecting incoming projectiles and smacking his enemy where it hurts. Deals damage to the target and creates Protect tiles.

(PASSIVE) Captain America cannot be stunned or sent airborne.

Coordinated Offensive - 7 Blue AP
Time to take the fight to them. Remove friendly Strike, Protect, and Attack tiles. For each tile removed, deal damage and grant allies a burst of health.

(PASSIVE) At the start of each turn, Captain America generates Red AP for each teammate.

Rewards
    • Notable progression rewards for each side are:
    o Team Cap:  Player Awards - Hawkeye (Modern) and Scarlet Witch Covers, Team Cap vault tokens and a Team Cap Legendary token  Round Awards - Team Cap vault tokens, Sam Wilson covers, a Team Cap Legendary token and a yellow power cover for Steve Rogers (First Avenger) o Team Iron Man:  Player Awards - Black WIdow (Original) and Black Panther Covers, Team Iron Man vault tokens and a Team Iron Man Legendary token  Round Awards - Team Iron Man vault tokens, Iron Man (Hulkbuster) covers, a Team Iron Man Legendary token and a red power cover for Iron Man (Mark XLVI)
• There are two vaults and a store for the event: Team Cap Vault, Team Iron Man Vault, and Civil War Legendary Store.

• Vaults
    o The vaults have 80 items o The Team Cap Vault has at least 1 Winter Soldier cover and the Team Iron Man Vault has at least one Iron Man (Hulkbuster)

• Civil War Legendary store
    o There are two different types of packs: Rogers and Stark packs. o Tokens are awarded in the event and additional packs can be purchased with 30 command points. o The contents of these packs include a 10% chance for Steve Rogers (First Avenger) cover or Iron Man (Mark XLVI) cover (depending on which pack you choose) and the rest of the contents will be the same as normal Legendary packs.

• After the second run of the event, Steve Rogers (First Avenger) and Iron Man (Mark XLVI) will be added to the Latest Legends packs replacing Jean Grey (Phoenix) and Spider-Man (Back in Black). Spider-Man (Back in Black) will be added to the Classic Legends pack.

Comments

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    So will winter soldier only be essential for Captain America's side or will he be an essential regardless which side you take?
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2016
    • After the second run of the event, Steve Rogers (First Avenger) and Iron Man (Mark XLVI) will be added to the Latest Legends packs replacing Jean Grey (Phoenix) and Spider-Man (Back in Black). Spider-Man (Back in Black) will be added to the Classic Legends pack

Will the 5☆ chance be increased to 13.5% to accommodate these 2 additions, or will individual 5☆ be reduced to 2.5%
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Also, with both Phoenix and Spidey joining classic legendary tokens, will the pull rate on those change? Or will the chances of actually getting a useable 5* get even worse?
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks for the info. A couple of those alternative abilities sound better than the playable ones. Also, if WS is in the Rogers vaults this time, will War Machine be in the Stark vault for the second run?
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks for the additional info. So now that we know the featured and powered up characters for each team, and that you can actually play with any characters at all, does this mean that the "team affiliations" posted in a previous thread are not relevant at all? (except for counting towards powers of the new 5*s?)
  • Varg138
    Varg138 Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
      • The Civil War event starts at 12:00pm EDT on Thursday May 5th and will run for three and a half days. There will be a second run of the event at 12:00pm EDT on Thursday May 26th. • Winter Soldier will be a featured hero for Team Cap during the first run of the event. War Machine will be a featured hero for Team Iron Man during the second run of the event.

You are neglecting the issue of the event overlap with shard 3-5 of the Hulk PVE. Players in those shards will not be done or have earned WS yet. Additionally, as has happened with each run of events like this, the servers will be overloaded, which again affects those player still in Hulk PVE, especially shard 3. This should be pushed back one day
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    I bet it will be 2.5% draw rate for 5*s in the classic token pool.

Demiurge clearly doesn't want to push the total 5* drop rate above 10%.

So everyone without a usable 5* will now have an incrwasingly difficult time covering their old 5*s. My 0/0/2 silver surfer and 0/1/0 OML are very very sad.
  • Setsukii
    Setsukii Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Does that mean that the BOSS node can move the board? That's a first since Big G and Ultron, couldn't.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 2,950 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can we get some help here

 Player Awards - Hawkeye (Modern) and Scarlet Witch Covers, Team Cap vault tokens and a Team Cap Legendary token
     Round Awards - Team Cap vault tokens, Sam Wilson covers, a Team Cap Legendary token and a yellow power cover for Steve Rogers (First Avenger)

o Team Iron Man:
     Player Awards - Black WIdow (Original) and Black Panther Covers, Team Iron Man vault tokens and a Team Iron Man Legendary token
     Round Awards - Team Iron Man vault tokens, Iron Man (Hulkbuster) covers, a Team Iron Man Legendary token and a red power cover for Iron Man (Mark XLVI)

Guessing

Round 1 to 3 Team enter name here
    ROUND 4 to 6 Sam or Iron man covers
    around 7 Legendary token
    Round 8 POWER FOR 5 star?

this event is going to be so messed up.. Instead of picking a side the first round should of been Capt american and the 2nd round Iron man... i mean your going to have teams split on who they pick and many wont make it to the 8th round
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Will ALL versions of a character be usable for essential nodes?
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:
    Will ALL versions of a character be usable for essential nodes?

That's how it worked for Ultron and Galactus, so I would guess the same goes here.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:
    this event is going to be so messed up.. Instead of picking a side the first round should of been Capt american and the 2nd round Iron man... i mean your going to have teams split on who they pick and many wont make it to the 8th round

So you're saying that there will be less of the best rewards handed out and more people will be pushed into spending money on a pull of the LT slot machine?

I wonder what could have prompted this design choice?
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    David regardless of people feeling there are still unanswered questions, I would like to say thank you for posting what information you have in plenty of time for the start of the main event. Communication is what has been asked for more than anything on these forums (except for more ISO).

Please on behalf of all users of this forum don't just post this information and then log out or go into lurk mode. Jot down half a dozen or so of the additional questions asked, these questions we know you are either unable to answer or are not allowed to, but ask them of your bosses or development team and really push for those answers for us. We may not like the answers, but as my old man used to say "If you don't like the answer, don't ask the question."
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Which run will have double iso so we can dream of leveling these characters any time soon?
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Mawtful wrote:
    slidecage wrote:

So you're saying that there will be less of the best rewards handed out and more people will be pushed into spending money on a pull of the LT slot machine?

I wonder what could have prompted this design choice?

It would have made a lot more sense to force alliances to split up and take different sides (for the best rewards), you know... like the movie/comics. It would have made for a much more fun event too, a competition inside your alliance.

To top it off the choice is so lop-sided. Iron Man is the better 5* by far, and his progression is a Hulkbuster vs Cap's Sam Wilson.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Linkster79 wrote:
    David regardless of people feeling there are still unanswered questions, I would like to say thank you for posting what information you have in plenty of time for the start of the main event. Communication is what has been asked for more than anything on these forums (except for more ISO).

Please on behalf of all users of this forum don't just post this information and then log out or go into lurk mode. Jot down half a dozen or so of the additional questions asked, these questions we know you are either unable to answer or are not allowed to, but ask them of your bosses or development team and really push for those answers for us. We may not like the answers, but as my old man used to say "If you don't like the answer, don't ask the question."

I think the main problem here is that David just doesn't know. He's not a developer, he's just relying information back and forth, so I guess he's right now collecting any additional questions, and at some point will send them back to the devs, and eventually those answers will reach us.

I don't claim to know anything of the internal politics between D3 and Demiurge but for this kind of big events you REALLY should give the stage to a developer and allow them to speak freely and field questions. It worked wonders when Anthony was allowed to interact with us with regards of the PVP matchmaking test.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    slidecage wrote:

Speaking only for myself here, but our alliance is coordinating this now so that we're on same page and don't have people splitting. All alliances should be doing the same.

If you're in a free-for-all alliance, then yeah, you're in trouble, but forcing the issue on us isn't really a solution to that, because generally speaking those types of alliances don't finish these alliance events anyway.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 2,950 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:

Speaking only for myself here, but our alliance is coordinating this now so that we're on same page and don't have people splitting. All alliances should be doing the same.

If you're in a free-for-all alliance, then yeah, you're in trouble, but forcing the issue on us isn't really a solution to that, because generally speaking those types of alliances don't finish these alliance events anyway.

i hAve more powerful people on capt side but those rewards suck meaning i will have a weak **** team for iron man
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    slidecage wrote:
    i hAve more powerful people on capt side but those rewards suck meaning i will have a weak **** team for iron man

Everyone's available on both sides. Just means your guys won't be boosted. Won't make them weak if they're good characters.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Will random 2* be essential or will you announce what 2* will be essential for each side?