Game Updates: 5-Star Rates & Iso

Options
David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited June 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi everyone,

Here’s some helpful info from the developers that we hope you will enjoy:

“With today's daily patch, we have made some changes to the stores and increased the Iso-8 you can earn in a few places. The specific details are outlined below:

Increased Odds of 5-Stars in Legendary Packs

We have increased the chance to get a 5-Star in Latest and Classic Legends packs to 15% (up from 10%). The chance to get a specific 5-Star in Latest Legends packs will be 5% (up from 3.33%) and 3.75% in Classic Legends packs (up from 3.33%).

New Characters Added to Stores

Starting with Season XXVIII, Winter Soldier and War Machine will be added to Event and Legendary packs.

The Latest Legends packs will be replacing Jean Grey (Phoenix) and Spider-Man (Back in Black) with Steve Rogers (First Avenger) and Iron Man (Mark XLVI). Spider-Man (Back in Black) will be added to the Classic Legends packs.

Increased Sell-Back Prices for Max Champion Level Characters

We have increased the sell-back price of Max Champion level characters to better reflect the investment that has been made into that character. You can now start Championing your characters (and earning all the rewards!) all over again without having to spend the whole amount of Iso-8 required to fully level a character.
    Lv 144 2-Star:
65,000 Iso-8 (Up from 17,500 Iso-8)
Lv 266 3-Star: 105,000 Iso-8 (Up from 45,000 Iso-8)
Lv 370 4-Star: 320,000 Iso-8 (Up from 90,000 Iso-8)
Lv 550 5-Star: 500,000 Iso-8 (Up from 180,000 Iso-8)

Increased the Amount of Iso-8 Received from the Daily Alliance Bonus

We increased the amount of Iso-8 you receive for each member of your Alliance that played that day to 100 Iso-8 (up from 10 Iso-8). The maximum amount of Iso-8 you can gain this way per day will be 2,000 Iso-8 (up from 200 Iso-8).”

Thanks for playing. We hope you find the changes beneficial!

Comments

• Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2016
    Options
    These are great changes.

I just wish we'd had some advance notice of it. I pulled a stash this afternoon in advance of the change because of the complete radio silence on this matter after repeated inquiries.

Buyer beware, of course, but why was a good change like this kept secret?
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Big thanks to the devs. Especially the iso increase. Looks good. Every bit of iso helps and is badly needed. Thanks again.
  • nic13
    nic13 Posts: 87
    Options
    These are great changes.

I just wish we'd had some advance notice of it. I pulled a stash this afternoon in advance of the change because of the complete radio silence on this matter after repeated inquiries.

Exactly so that people would not hoard in anticipation.
  • mindsuckr
    mindsuckr Posts: 154
    edited June 2016
    Options
    We couldn't be told this in advance because....? Asked for clarification on the 26th, and was met with nothing but silence. Pulled 21 tokens worth of CP last night to try and beat decreasing odds, and got nothing.
  • seshoma
    seshoma Posts: 58 Match Maker
    Options
    A step in the right direction .
    But with so many 4* releases ,the iso should be increased overall.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Holy ****, I was totally dismissive of the possibility that 5* rates would go up and I've rarely been this happy to eat crow. Yay, I was wrong!
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Options
    They DO listen... thanks a lot !
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    These are fantastic changes!

I do feel bad for all those people who posted their "Opened my Legendary token stash" posts, but that doesn't change the fact that this is a great change and a surprising one at that.

Thank you!
  • spectator
    spectator Posts: 395 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Awesome change, the next step is probably to divide the four stars into two groups as well for classic and latest tokens
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Love the changes, hate the timing. I do still have my LT hoard, just not my CP hoard at least.
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This is a fantastic quality of life improvement. I'd have to say I'm way more excited about the extra 1800iso per day than anything else, that really adds up over a month (54k iso over 30 days) of playing time.

Dont get me wrong, I'm excited about the whole thing, but that extra iso will really help me finish off maxing out all my 3*s and get a good jumpstart on my 4s.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thank you for this, it was very much needed and a great first step to improving some long standing issues.

A word of hopefully helpful feedback: next time you have an unarguably positive development in the pipeline like this one, please announce it early on. I understand that the devs are usually tweaking numbers all the way until the day a feature is realised, but we don't need solid numbers. We just need to know that some things are being worked on and are coming soon. Negativity tends to pile up in the forums and other player-based communication channels after weeks or months of not hearing a word on old issues like the ones this patch addresses. We don't enjoy feeling that way and I'm sure devs and customer-facing people like you don't enjoy seeing it. That was one of the things IceIX was very successful at doing, keeping us hyped for the next big thing (not only the next character release) or keeping us updated on devs' work on issues and complaints.

Surprises like this are nice, but giving us hope and reassurance during the times when things look bleak is better.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    yeah, if it was know that odds would go up to 15% instead of staying 10% with the addition of more 5*'s i would have waited to cash in my cp's.

If there is a game changing situation there should be a week's notice before implementing so players can deal with what to do with their given situation. this happened with hero points devaluation, where we given a few hours to decide what to do. and after we make a decision( ie "I" spent hero points to cover level up my 4's, before i had a chance to turn in tokens where i might have gotten the covers needed before buying), and then after i make that decision, it was changed and we were given more time (ie i could have turn in tokens before buying covers).

it's sad that dev's still can't give us information at least a week in advance, so we as a player base can make decision thoughtfully.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    As much as it pains me to see this after having pulled my hoard last week, I'm actually ok with it. 3.33% compared to 3.75% is negligible. I may have gotten a black suit spider that I was missing, but then I may not have gotten the one yellow oml that I really wanted and gotten. It just means I don't have to hoard in the future anymore and pull classics as I get 20 command points.

Question is, is it worth pulling the latest stash for the newer 5*? Is ironman a game changer like oml?
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Thank you for this, it was very much needed and a great first step to improving some long standing issues.

A word of hopefully helpful feedback: next time you have an unarguably positive development in the pipeline like this one, please announce it early on. I understand that the devs are usually tweaking numbers all the way until the day a feature is realised, but we don't need solid numbers. We just need to know that some things are being worked on and are coming soon. Negativity tends to pile up in the forums and other player-based communication channels after weeks or months of not hearing a word on old issues like the ones this patch addresses. We don't enjoy feeling that way and I'm sure devs and customer-facing people like you don't enjoy seeing it. That was one of the things IceIX was very successful at doing, keeping us hyped for the next big thing (not only the next character release) or keeping us updated on devs' work on issues and complaints.

Surprises like this are nice, but giving us hope and reassurance during the times when things look bleak is better.

Yes, the delay in providing this information turned something that would have been unarguably positive into a very disappointing day for me. I know I wasn't the only one.
  • PeterGibbons316
    PeterGibbons316 Posts: 1,063
    Options
    These are great changes.

This x1000 I cashed in all my CP to pull with increased draw rates only to find that I spent more to earn less.
  • Ralph-Wiggum
    Ralph-Wiggum Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Nice update but I'll echo the need for advanced noticed. I earned and cashed in two LTs literally 30 minutes before the patch dropped. Obviously I would have waited if any of this had been in the patch notes.
  • GritsNGravy
    GritsNGravy Posts: 114 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Great changes across the board, thanks!
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Closing the book on the 10% era I had a actual pull rate of 8.9%, 28:313

9 Latest that I've been holding waiting for Steve and IM to be added have pulled 2, IM red and GG purple

Thanks for a positive change. Only wish there was a little fore warning
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Gotta love this forum. Devs address two major bugaboos which are constantly complained about ISO shortage and 5* pull rates. Rather than a thread where everyone is thankful for the fixes the majority of response are "Boo hoo, you should have told us sooner". And then people wonder why they don't post.

My sincere thanks to the devs for the extra iso, the better sell rates and the increased pull rates.