Lowered 2* Droprate at Lightningrounds?

Options
tizian2015
tizian2015 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
edited October 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
After the new iso-sellingamount for full-leveled champions i was very excited, because except bagman i got all 2*s full leveled. I sold 8 and hoped for a quick rechamp with lightning rounds. But after about 10 rounds (mostly just the seeds, as always) of them i have the feeling, the droprate of 2*s was lowered, i tried to remember and i think i had a total of 5 2*s from drops. What is your experience? Just badluck in my case?

Comments

• HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm getting pretty much a normal mix of 1* and 2* covers when I do my lightning rounds this week. I remember people asking the same question after champions were introduced but I don't think that anything has changed.
  • Redrobot30
    Redrobot30 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Bad luck. Pretty much every match I won was giving me a 2*.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It's really streaky. I have done seeds to 240 without any 2* lots of times, and have had rounds where nearly every win rewarded a 2*, even got 2 bagmans back to back once.

I've nearly covered 2* obw, storm and bullseye again since yesterday so there's definitely not a reduced 2* drop rate.

Probably just bad luck, as others have said.
  • Skygazing
    Skygazing Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    edited June 2016
    Options
    It's just luck/RNG.

In contrast to what you've experienced, to me it's actually felt like there were more. I've been getting at least 2, if not more each round.

EDIT: As if to prove my point, in the last round my nodes dropped 8 2*s out of 10 matches.
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I did 7 of the LRs yesterday and 2 today plus a couple of shield sim matches and the seed teams in Hollowpoint Kiss. I've pulled thirty six 2*s during those events.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    been like that since championing started, i used to get a doz 1* or 2* per lightning round. but since championing only about 3-5 per lighting round and usually only 1*'s. i get one 2* every 3rd or 4th lightning round.
  • Druss
    Druss Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    hadn't noticed any difference except the last 3 LR's I did where I got a total of "1" x 1* & no 2* whatsoever.

icon_e_sad.gif
  • tizian2015
    Options
    Bad luck continuous. Played another three with all seeds. One 2*.
  • mikepro
    mikepro Posts: 95 Match Maker
    Options
    I've been hitting the lr as much as I can over the last 2 days and I've got maybe 2 2* and I've hit 1300 in hollow point and not a single 2* reward. I've dropped back down to 600-700 now and still no 2* s

Edit just did the seeds up to 220 in loki lr. At 5am. Let's see. 4-1* covers 3 iron man and 1 storm. And 1-2* cover green bullseye. So in total probably 8-9 matches and only 1 usable 2* cover if I had him rostered. Well I guess 3k iso is pretty good for 10 min work
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    That's funny, because I've been noticing the same thing myself (I seem to be pulling less 2*s than usual,) but I really doubt it's anything other than bad luck. As others have pointed out, it's really, really streaky. Weirdly enough, I've gotten 4 "250 Iso" pulls over the last two days. That's extremely high.

I track my PVP wins whenever I'm at a computer (so about 2/3 of them,) this is what the % are of what I got:

70 ISO-8 590 32.7%
    140 Iso-8 290 16.1%
    250 Iso-8 51 2.8%
    1* Cover 429 23.8%
    2* Cover 443 24.6%
    Total 1803
  • tizian2015
    Options
    It´s badluck or a curse or others with normal droprates have just luck. played until now this week 12 rounds, droprate is under 10%, the same as last week.

Edit: actual round 10 matches 1 2*

I do not think its badluck. With championship came the secret 2* and 3* nerf, now with high selling-iso the droprate nerf?
  • Shemhazi
    Shemhazi Posts: 28
    Options
    I started tracking drops on my Kindle account with this latest set of Lightning Rounds. I don't have all the numbers here at work, but I do know that I have gotten a grand total of 1 2-star cover in just over 30 matches played. The vast majority have been 70 ISO-8 rewards.
  • tizian2015
    Options
    Added 10 sim matches. Not one 2*.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Have had rounds of 6-8 2* in the LR I've played today. To the point where I am disappointed when I don't see a 2*.

I always enter as soon as they open and clear as fast as I can. Not sure if there is a limited pool of 2*. Anyone save the seeds til the end? Might explain your lack of luck.
  • tizian2015
    Options
    First round after waking up: played seeds +1 match to reach 250 points. And another time not one 2*.

edit:
    Skipped one round, and the latest played was all seeds +1 match to get 250 points and another time no 2*. From my perspektive its about 300 pvp matches i played since the introduction of the new selling-amount for 2*s and after this patch the droprate has been lowered significantly. more then 300 matches and not even 20 2*s, instead many 1*s and 70 iso. this is such a joke. the implement a new feature, but they dont say, they lowered droprates in pvp. it was a nice dream, thx for smashing it.
  • tizian2015
    Options
    Another round (seeds+1 for 250 points) no 2*.

Come on guys, wanna tell me, this is just badluck? i played the last 2 weeks more lightning rounds then getting 2*s (nearly 30 rounds to not even 20 2*s).

Edit:
    Another round with 250 points and no 2*.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    80% of the rewards this round of LRs was 70 ISO or 1star covers. Big hit on income seeing few 2star covers.
  • tizian2015
    Options
    Last lightning roung of this week(make a guess): All seeds+1 to hit 250 points, no 2*.

With an unhoarded tacovault (gave me over 50 2*s) and all the event tokens, rewards, etc. and two weeks of lightning rounds i was not able to rechamp 9 2*s. Before the patch with the 65000iso-selling a 2* this would be no problem.

You gave us the option to sell them for more iso, but you lower the droprates in pvp, confess! Because you know selling and rechamping 2*s would be a too good thing for players, because 2*s had a decent droprate especially with lightning rounds played! Introduce a new cool feature but hide the negative side, as you did with champions (concealed the nerf of 2*s and 3*s!).
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    tizian2015 wrote:
    Last lightning roung of this week(make a guess): All seeds+1 to hit 250 points, no 2*.

With an unhoarded tacovault (gave me over 50 2*s) and all the event tokens, rewards, etc. and two weeks of lightning rounds i was not able to rechamp 9 2*s. Before the patch with the 65000iso-selling a 2* this would be no problem.

You gave us the option to sell them for more iso, but you lower the droprates in pvp, confess! Because you know selling and rechamping 2*s would be a too good thing for players, because 2*s had a decent droprate especially with lightning rounds played! Introduce a new cool feature but hide the negative side, as you did with champions (concealed the nerf of 2*s and 3*s!).

I think you are just having bad RNG. Over the past two weeks with lightning rounds and a couple of drops from other PVP events I have stockpiled ~90 covers from 2* characters. I'm missing 1 cover each on 2thor, 2daken and 2bullseye and just a couple covers on all the others. I'm gonna have to buy some HP to dupe a couple of the ones I use all time in DDQ and will be able to have nearly all of the others cover maxed by next week.

I did play a lot more LRs these past two weeks to get there and the distribution was very random with some LR rounds providing 4+ covers and some not providing any but overall I don't think they are dropping any less than they were.
  • timbopp
    timbopp Posts: 88
    Options
    I too have seen a big decrease in 2* drops lately but don't yet think there's anything suspicious going on behind the scenes.

I've been taking a little break from the exhausting task of maxing 4* by playing around with adding/selling/rebuilding 2*. I was looking forward to lightning rounds to stock up 2* covers but I barely got any.

Funnily it seems my 3* drop rate in Heroic tokens has skyrocketed. It's odd get disappointed opening heroics and getting that gold flash on the screen every time instead of the 2* I want. Even standard tokens seem to be dropping more 3* than 2*