Story Mission Update: Loot Table for Wave Missions

Options
David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited July 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi all,

Here's the latest from Demiurge regarding updated rewards for Wave Missions:
    "Hearts of Darkness is the first Story Mission under the new mission difficulty that has Wave missions. Here are some quick details on how Wave Missions behave under the new mission difficulty system: - Wave Missions can be beaten twice for full points before being worth less points. - The first time an individual wave is beaten, a reward is given. - Rewards for completing the wave mission are given in sequential order. See below for Loot Tables."

MPQ_Wave_Missions_Table_July_2016.JPG

For comparison's sake - here is the table for Standard Story Missions
MPQ_Standard_Story_Mission_Table_July_2016.png

Comments

• Phaentom
    Phaentom Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Why is the crit boost still a reward? Nobody wants them or probably even needs them.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phaentom wrote:
    Why is the crit boost still a reward? Nobody wants them or probably even needs them.

Because they want you to play, but they don't want you to play. icon_e_confused.gif
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mpqr7 wrote:
    Phaentom wrote:

Because they want you to play, but they don't want you to play. icon_e_confused.gif
    They want you to play but don't want you to grind. It means to get full ISO rewards you only need to play 6 times on these nodes. If you want to place, well that is a completely different story
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just to be clear though, I am excited about this wave node update. It's nice to get good prizes after beating the wave the first few times!
  • Tromb2ch2
    Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I am very happy about this! I was dreading having to do the wave nodes 4 times to get the cp.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,292 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I may be wrong on this but didn't most of the hard/essential wave nodes give 1000-1500 iso for just one completion (I know some just gave an event toke)? I used to simply cherry pick them on events for that lump sum iso even if I wasn't playing the whole event, guess that is out the window.

At least we can get CP from them now, that will be helpful however I really don't look forward to the scaling on the hard/hardest nodes on that fourth clear with the way the previous events have gone under the new system.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Warbringa wrote:
    I may be wrong on this but didn't most of the hard/essential wave nodes give 1000-1500 iso for just one completion (I know some just gave an event toke)? I used to simply cherry pick them on events for that lump sum iso even if I wasn't playing the whole event, guess that is out the window.

You might be right, but you also got nothing after that for clearing it up to like 9 times.

850 + std (~130 iso ROI) over the entirety is basically the same reward as 1k upfront.

The question is whether they still give the iso completions for each wave the first time through.
  • Starsaber
    Starsaber Posts: 206
    Options
    Warbringa wrote:

You might be right, but you also got nothing after that for clearing it up to like 9 times.

850 + std (~130 iso ROI) over the entirety is basically the same reward as 1k upfront.

The question is whether they still give the iso completions for each wave the first time through.
    They do
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Thank you so much for this update! I was really, really not looking forward to the Rider Awakens wave in the final sub, and this makes it a little more bearable!
  • The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This is a great addition, thank you icon_e_smile.gif

Story seems pretty well set up now to be played in two ways.

Progression only (grind choice nodes to 4 or just to tokens on waves, get your 25 CP, call it a day)

Competitive players can then maul the event trying to get the placement awards after the casual players have made up numbers then wandered away happy.

As for Crit Boosts, they're in the right place now. To demoralise people and get them to fall out of the race. Evil, but enough players wanted to keep fighting for top prizes and this will help knock down the numbers in the running :p

I'm happy with the casual play through right now. I'll have a pile of CP, iso, and tokens to keep playing at my own pace.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Akari wrote:
    Thank you so much for this update! I was really, really not looking forward to the Rider Awakens wave in the final sub, and this makes it a little more bearable!

I've never managed to beat that wave. I dont expect that to change this time either.
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Akari wrote:

I've never managed to beat that wave. I dont expect that to change this time either.

I've never beaten it, either. But the enemy levels shouldn't be that high during the first clear with this new format, so I may finally be able to see how the chapter ends (just yesterday I finally could see the end of Thick as Thieves).
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Akari wrote:

What's the problem with that wave?
    GR needs 12 black to penance stare at you, that's an eternity.
    3* players can bring Hood / KK / Cap, 4* players IM40 with anyone.

I sat out the first run of this, and with all the horror stories expected GR in the last wave, ready to penance stare me to death - but he's in wave 1 o_o

I really don't understand what's so difficult about that wave.
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Akari wrote:

What's the problem with that wave?
    GR needs 12 black to penance stare at you, that's an eternity.
    3* players can bring Hood / KK / Cap, 4* players IM40 with anyone.

I sat out the first run of this, and with all the horror stories expected GR in the last wave, ready to penance stare me to death - but he's in wave 1 o_o

I really don't understand what's so difficult about that wave.

The new super scaling makes all nodes extremely tedious. If I had to do that wave node 8 times, I'd be cursing D3 the entire time. Now it only scales up twice and I only have to do it 6 times.

I'm not on the 3rd sub yet (S5 player), but I've heard that the IW essential node is even harder though. And that one we DO have to do 8 times. Sigh.
  • The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Invisible Woman was a nightmare all event long X_X

Some of that would have been helped by a better covered IW though. It felt a lot like I was flapping away at a Clash of the Titans node I was underleveled for. If that was deliberate, and not a horrendous coincidence, that isn't TOO bad. It meant the essential 4* was actually essential and not just a dead slot to enable some grinding.