Patch Notes - R107 (08/15/16)

Options
David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited August 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
MPQ R107!

Black Bolt is here! Spider-Woman coming soon!

What’s New
Gamora Versus warfare!
Simulator Story adventures!

What’s Changed
- Rewards Cache: Added drop-down menu allowing players to select covers based on Star-Rating. Selected Star-Rated covers can be sold all at once by selecting the “Sell All” button at the bottom of the screen.

- Roster Slots: Increased number a player can have to 300 (from 200).

- Updated Symbiote Minion Balance: Most powers have increased countdown times and do less damage in general. (More information soon in a separate post.)

- Players can now disconnect their game from Facebook after removing Marvel Puzzle Quest from their Facebook account. A Disconnect button has been added to the "Login Failed" prompt allowing players to manually disconnect the game.

- Vision (Android Avenger)'s powers no longer wait until the next turn to update when Countdown tiles he creates reach 0.

- The Hulk (Bruce Banner)'s The Smartest Guy in the Room power now displays a banner when activated by an enemy.

- Wasp (Janet Van Dyne)'s Wasp Sting no longer triggers Teisatsu's Turn to Smoke power when Teisatsu isn’t actually downed.

- Team-ups sent from Championed characters no longer always yield the level two version of the power.

Comments

• SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    - Rewards Cache: Added drop-down menu allowing players to select covers based on Star-Rating. Selected Star-Rated covers can be sold all at once by selecting the “Sell All” button at the bottom of the screen.

not-worthy.gif
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    - Updated Symbiote Minion Balance: Most powers have increased countdown times and do less damage in general. (More information soon in a separate post.)

- Team-ups sent from Championed characters no longer always yield the level two version of the power.

SnowcaTT already called out the big one but let's not shortchange these changes. Symbiote minions very obviously needed a nerf. Maybe I can stomach playing Venom Bomb now. The TU bug is rendering the feature almost completely useless. Good changes all around
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]- Rewards Cache: Added drop-down menu allowing players to select covers based on Star-Rating. Selected Star-Rated covers can be sold all at once by selecting the “Sell All” button at the bottom of the screen.

This is great. But man, if theres one feature that needs to work perfectly from the get-go, it's this one.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The rewards cache change sounds like good QOL if I understand right. Open 50 tokens and select "all 1 star champions" to sell? I don't think the Symbiote change affects the actual problems. Longer countdowns means more special tile potential to me. Primary problems (to me) were:
    1. AP feeding Carnage, but that's the ongoing symptom of AP feeding.
    2. Being punished by guard dog, exacerbated by Mutation strike tiles.
    3. Critical Mass activating so easily, and now with a higher amount of special tiles potentially being made.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hopefully the dropped damage includes special tile numbers from ongoing countdowns and Critical Mass.

Also, I'm glad I'll have more than three turns to get rid of pesky Precision Slices tiles now. It's a huge pain in the rear when running IM40.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wasn't Nova's red supposed to be fixed in this update?
  • Bossblack
    Bossblack Posts: 80 Match Maker
    Options
    What’s New…
    Gamora Versus warfare!

Is there a story in Simulator??
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]- Roster Slots: Increased number a player can have to 300 (from 200).

Blink.
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    Wasn't Nova's red supposed to be fixed in this update?

Not till R108. Can't have him working correctly while he's boosted now can we?

Seriously tho, this is probably the best update preview I've ever read. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Bossblack wrote:
    What’s New…
    Gamora Versus warfare!

I was more concerned with the fact that this is considered "new" personally.
  • phaseetious4me
    phaseetious4me Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Should we pre-emptively open a thread in the bugs forum called 'Sold all 4* covers when I selected Sell All 1* covers'?
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Should we pre-emptively open a thread in the bugs forum called 'Sold all 4* covers when I selected Sell All 1* covers'?

Well, clearly the bug will be selling all 5* covers when trying to sell 2*, so I'd hold off on that thread.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Smudge wrote:
    Bossblack wrote:
    What’s New…
    Gamora Versus warfare!

That section has always just contained the next events, whether they were "new" or not.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    lets hope they have figured out 2s and 5s and the differences therin at this point...
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Very nice. I'm looking forward to moving the "Sell selected earned covers" bullet point to the "Requested Features Implemented" list on the MPQ Suggestions Index of Hot Topics. Love this change; I'm really not going to miss manually scrolling through the list, clicking on 1*s and extra 2*s to sell.
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]- Vision (Android Avenger)'s powers no longer wait until the next turn to update when Countdown tiles he creates reach 0.
    This doesn't sound exactly like the Vision bug I and others have been reporting. It's when Vision's countdown tile gets matched away that he still maintains the previous power set, until his next turn. So is this incorrectly worded, or is it correcting a different bug?
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Smudge wrote:
    Bossblack wrote:
    What’s New…
    Gamora Versus warfare!

That section has always just contained the next events, whether they were "new" or not.
    Facetiousness clearly loses its oomph in text form.
  • Kjeldbjerg
    Kjeldbjerg Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Awesome news with the sell all feature, thank you
  • Kjeldbjerg
    Kjeldbjerg Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Awesome news with the sell all feature, thank you
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Now about that level up button...
  • We_are_Venom
    We_are_Venom Posts: 308 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I can't wait for the inevitable "I used 'sell all 1*' and it sold everything!" rage thread.