Upcoming Feature: S.H.I.E.L.D. Rank & Clearance Levels!

Options
David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited August 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
New Upcoming feature - S.H.I.E.L.D. Rank and Clearance Levels!

Your S.H.I.E.L.D. Rank represents your progression through the game. Story and Versus Events will have S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels to provide different rewards and appropriate challenge for players of different S.H.I.E.L.D. Ranks.

S.H.I.E.L.D. Rank and Clearance Levels will help new players graduate from the early game to an advanced roster. Veterans will see better rewards that speed up development for their advanced teams.

We're excited to get these features fully in place by late Fall. Stay tuned for more information as we get closer to release!

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Interesting. I may hold off my transition to fivestar land a bit to see what this feature entails.
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    If this means players with advanced rosters start seeing more 4* rewards, there will be much cheering.
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This actually seems like promising. I'm waiting for it excited!
  • LordXberk
    LordXberk Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    Interesting. I may hold off my transition to fivestar land a bit to see what this feature entails.

My biggest question surrounding this is what (if any) rewards will I potentially lose by progressing between now and whenever this is rolled out? Second biggest question is about timing and will it come out in stages or all at once? Plus, when is 'late fall?'
  • gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The in-game pop-up says the feature will be fully in place by late fall. Will certain parts of it be coming sooner than that?

Also, thank you communicating this in game as well as on the forums, which has often been requested with other new features and events.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Sounds like a feature, that will reflect our age and efforts (= ISO need). If yes, i am very excited.
    Actually i am excited about every new feature in this game icon_lol.gif
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    LordXberk wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:

My biggest question surrounding this is what (if any) rewards will I potentially lose by progressing between now and whenever this is rolled out? Second biggest question is about timing and will it come out in stages or all at once? Plus, when is 'late fall?'

I'm taking a leap here, but I don't think you'll "miss" anything. I'm betting that the higher your Shield Level is, the more Clearance Levels you'll be able to access. Think additional progression rewards that are only available to players above a certain rank.

If my guess is correct, then you'll actually be hurting yourself by not progressing while waiting for it to be implemented.
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2016
    Options
    LordXberk wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:

This comes up whenever a new feature pops up (see CP rewards added to daily rewards). While I understand where it comes from, don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

In other words, I don't blame them for adding features after I have crossed a certain point. I played when I played, and knew the rewards at the time and I made my decision. I don't want the implementation delayed by even a day because they are concerned with that aspect of it.
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Sluggo wrote:
    If this means players with advanced rosters start seeing more 4* rewards, there will be much cheering.

I'm just worried that the top rewards will be achievable by such a small percentage of the player base that there will only be 1-2 brackets per slice. If that's the case, then very, very few people will be able to get them. Hope I'm wrong about that.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    As I said in the other thread...

OMG!!!

This looks really promising, let's hope it is when it goes life.
  • mikelnoe
    mikelnoe Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Options
    Spudgutter wrote:
    LordXberk wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:

This comes up whenever a new feature pops up (see CP rewards added to daily rewards). While I understand where it comes from, don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

In other words, I don't blame them for adding features after I have crossed a certain point. I played when I played, and knew the rewards are the time and I made my decision. I don't want the implementation delayed by even a day because they are concerned with that aspect of it.

At least some of this feature will have to be retroactive. So im willing to bet it's retroactive across the board. But only time will tell.
  • Arphaxad
    Arphaxad Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Now this sounds exciting!! A lot of potential to breath life into the game. Keep up the good work D3!
  • Vohnkar
    Vohnkar Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
    Options
    This sounds promising.
  • BigBZ32
    BigBZ32 Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Here's hoping that vets get a lot of extra ISO for their rankings. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • TimGunn
    TimGunn Posts: 257 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm optimistic.

But the question is whether we should hoard resources. Maybe hoard ISO or CP? It was a big boon last January when we hoarded covers in advance of champion feature.
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Options
    BigBZ32 wrote:
    Here's hoping that vets get a lot of extra ISO for their rankings. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Let's also hope that the rewards aren't spaced out super far apart (I'm looking at you, season Versus rewards...)
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    OJSP wrote:
    Will this be awarded retroactively? Would our past performances count?

This is my biggest question. Seems like it has to, but I've played this game long enough not to expect it.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    TimGunn wrote:
    I'm optimistic.

But the question is whether we should hoard resources. Maybe hoard ISO or CP? It was a big boon last January when we hoarded covers in advance of champion feature.

That's what I would like to know. I heard whispers from the community to hoard for championing and it certainly helped. It would have been nice to hear that info directly from the devs, but that won't usually happen - they want you to spend it all now and then spend it all again later.

I'd love to hear these whispers from the community again (although in general, "hoard if you can" is almost always good advice).
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    udonomefoo wrote:
    LordXberk wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:

I'm taking a leap here, but I don't think you'll "miss" anything. I'm betting that the higher your Shield Level is, the more Clearance Levels you'll be able to access. Think additional progression rewards that are only available to players above a certain rank.

If my guess is correct, then you'll actually be hurting yourself by not progressing while waiting for it to be implemented.
    I should clarify. I have been building a wide roster so far with almost two dozen fourstar champions and all two-stars and three-stars championed. I was planning to move to the fivestar tier by maxing OML and Phoenix, but now I am curious if this encourages me to widen my roster even further before proceeding.
  • Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    Options
    What would even be rewarded retroactively? All I'm reading is that our rank will be auto judged by roster/days played and that will give us clearance to different reward sets for the current events.