Gaining XP Techniques and Values

Options
GrumpySmurf1002
GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
edited September 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Tokens
Opening a Standard - 0XP
Opening a Heroic, Taco - 3XP (Spending 100HP on the daily deal for Oscorp Vault also 3XP)
Opening a Legendary (Token or CP spend) - 10XP

Covers

Applying first 13 covers for a 2* - 2XP
Applying first 13 covers for a 3* - 5XP
Applying first 13 covers for a 4* - 10XP
Applying first 13 covers for a 5* - 20XP

Championing a 2* - 20XP
Championing a 3* - 50XP
Championing a 4* - 100XP
Championing a 5* - 200XP

Adding a champion level to a 2* - 4XP
Adding a champion level to a 3* - 10XP
Adding a champion level to a 4* - 20XP
Adding a champion level to a 5* - 40XP

Gameplay

Receiving check mark on any Prologue or Story node, incl. DDQ - 10XP
Completing First Story node of event- 10XP
Completing First Versus node of event- 10XP

Team-Ups
Sending a 1* TU - 1XP
Sending a 2* TU - 2XP
Sending a 3* TU - 3XP
Sending a 4* TU - 4XP
Sending a 5* TU - 5XP

Note:
Jamie made a more official-ish and findable one here, - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=49924

Comments

• udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Copied from my response in the other thread:

Leveling a 2 gets no xp. Championing gets 20. Each champ level is +4.

Leveling a 3 gets no xp. Championing gets 50. Each champ level is +10.

I'm betting your +100 was the champ amount for a 4, not leveling.

whoops. edited 2* leveling.
  • Amsha3gar
    Amsha3gar Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Rostering a 4* - 10 XP
  • an1979
    an1979 Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Sending TU to your alliance mates also gives XP!
    First time was a bigger bonus I think.

4th character - 3XP
    5th - 2XP

*Note to OP - 4th and 5th not 4* and 5*. I had send only 3* and 2*.
    Needs more input from other players.
    Do 3*/4*/5* matter?
    Does it reset every time?
    Etc.
    From my alliance chat 2 x 4* (1st and 2nd I think) = 14XP

"Mission cleared" - Each DDQ mission: +10XP
    So +50XP (60XP every 5 days if 4*DDQ is the same) daily.

Correction:
    Leveling a 2 gets no xp. Championing gets 20. Each champ level is +10.
    (2*) Each champ level is +4 XP.

"Power trained" - on 4* adding a cover (upgrading Powers from x/13 to x+1/13) +10XP

Rank 50 Reward.
    +22,500ISO
  • udonomefoo
    Options
    "First story win" was +10, nothing on the second win.

Not sure if it means first win of the day or first win "ever". I'm betting on increments, like first win +10, tenth win +20 etc.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Adding level to champion 3* = 10 XP
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Farming a two-star nets you 520 Xp? Not bad.
  • bigwhoop
    bigwhoop Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Applied a 4* cover +10xp
  • udonomefoo
    Options
    Looks like it's not so much adding a champ level that produces the xp, but adding a cover. I got the same +10 reward for adding a cover to my 3/2/2 Drax as the champ level for Iceman.
  • Stony
    Stony Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Champing a 5* is 200 XP. Adding a champ level is 40 XP.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    10xp for first transaction of the level?

3xp for sending a Deadpool Teamup.

13xp for my first action which was a TU, sent a second TU and got 3XP.

1XP for each star.png level of the character I'm assuming.
  • Ebolamonkey84
    Ebolamonkey84 Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I got 10xp for my first versus match.
  • Bossblack
    Bossblack Posts: 80 Match Maker
    Options
    Clearing EACH node in PVE, i.e. obtain 6/6 rewards also gives you 10 XP per node.
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    Options
    So technically, you shouldn't be selling any covers anymore. It's probably better to have a few roster slots open. Recruit then sell every cover you get (including 1* to maximize xp)? Directly selling a cover because you can't use it wouldn't let you get max amount of xp.
  • an1979
    an1979 Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Bossblack wrote:
    Clearing EACH node in PVE, i.e. obtain 6/6 rewards also gives you 10 XP per node.
    Can confirm; 6/6 in PvE = +10XP
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Options
    dsds wrote:
    So technically, you shouldn't be selling any covers anymore. It's probably better to have a few roster slots open. Recruit then sell every cover you get (including 1* to maximize xp)? Directly selling a cover because you can't use it wouldn't let you get max amount of xp.
    Not true for 1*s.
    Recruiting nor upgrading doesnt give you XPs... actually 1*s wont give you XPs anyhow.

And yes, build -> promote -> max out -> sell -> repeat is actually profitable (speaking purely about ISO) for 2*s now...
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    Options
    veny wrote:
    dsds wrote:
    Not true for 1*s.
    Recruiting nor upgrading doesnt give you XPs... actually 1*s wont give you XPs anyhow.

And yes, build -> promote -> max out -> sell -> repeat is actually profitable (speaking purely about ISO) for 2*s now...
    I still haven't got the update yet. Sucks that 1* does't give you xp. I have 4000 hero points for roster slots. Could have got so many 1 star recruited and sold.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    udonomefoo wrote:
    Looks like it's not so much adding a champ level that produces the xp, but adding a cover. I got the same +10 reward for adding a cover to my 3/2/2 Drax as the champ level for Iceman.

Iceman should've given 20, not 10, based on what I've seen. 10 would be different in that case.
  • udonomefoo
    Options
    udonomefoo wrote:

Iceman should've given 20, not 10, based on what I've seen. 10 would be different in that case.

I received 20XP per champ level.

Interestingly, when I machinegunned 3 levels onto MrF, the XP banner gave a cumulative +60. Nifty, but showing cumulatives might cause some confusion.

I'm sure you both are right, I was drunk with iso power and not paying close enough attention to what I was doing apparently.
  • bigsmooth
    bigsmooth Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    dsds wrote:
    veny wrote:
    dsds wrote:
    Not true for 1*s.

I still haven't got the update yet. Sucks that 1* does't give you xp. I have 4000 hero points for roster slots. Could have got so many 1 star recruited and sold.
    I think you only get XP the very first time you recruit a given character. I added 2* Steve Rogers to an open slot since he is the next PVE essential, and as far as I can tell, I did not receive XP. I assume this is because he's been on and off my roster many times in the past.
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    We need to start running the full numbers to see if it really is worth it in terms of iso flow to remake 2 stars that don't give covers for good 3 stars. We get to add 50 champion levels to a 2 star, which means 4 x 50 = 200 xp for one 2 star champ maxed. Obviously, that 200 xp is worth different amounts depending on what shield rank you are, both because rewards go up, and xp required to level up increase. But just to simplify matters, we can use at rank 65 you get 30k for your next level up for around 2k xp. So, that means your 200 xp / 2000 is 10% of 30k iso, or 3k iso. So basically, looking at really simplified and not necessarily consistent numbers, you get 3k per 2 star you remake and champ. If anyone can find the old calculations people did showing your total return on 2 star champs, that would be very helpful. I believe the old calculations said it was a net iso loss, but you got hp and command points instead, so it depended what you wanted more. I think the net loss was around 7k, so it would be helpful to be able to see the numbers again and determine what the new system changes.