MPQ Sneak Peek: October 2016 Edition *Updated (10/27/16)

Options
David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited October 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Marvel Puzzle Quest Sneak Peek: Upcoming In October, 2016
(*Important note: Anything listed below is subject to change before release. We will try to update any changes in a timely manner, but please keep in mind the info below is not guaranteed.)

CHARACTERS
Stats for the new character can be found here: **** Blade (Modern) ****

Player provided stats (thanks, ErikPeter!) for Gwenpool can be found here: **** Gwenpool (Gwen Poole) ****

UPCOMING VERSUS TOURNAMENTS
    Kamala Khan - Teenage Riot Blade (Modern) - Blood for Blood Ghost Rider - Vicious Cycle

UPCOMING STORY EVENTS
    Enemy of the State Strange Sights (November 3)

UPCOMING DEADPOOL'S DAILIES
    (10/25/2016) Colossus Cyclops The Hood Doctor Octopus Thor Required: Peggy Carter
    (10/30/2016) Captain Marvel Iron Man Iron Fist Ragnarok Kamala Khan Required: Professor X

UPCOMING WEEKLY BUFFS
    (10/27/16 - 11/02/16) 4* - Carnage, Invisible Woman, Luke Cage, War Machine 3* - Blade, The Hood, The Hulk, The Punisher, Vision 2* - Steve Rogers, Thor 1* - Hawkeye, Iron Man

*(10/03/16) Hi-Fi - Updated Versus & Story events, Deadpool's Daily Quest & Weekly Buffs.
*(10/07/16) Hi-Fi - Updated Deadpool's Daily Quest.
*(10/11/16) Hi-Fi - Updated Weekly Buffs.
*(10/13/16) Hi-Fi - Updated Versus & Story events and Deadpool's Daily Quest.
*(10/17/16) Hi-Fi - Updated Story events, Weekly Buffs, and Deadpool's Daily Quest.
*(10/18/16) Hi-Fi - Updated Versus events.
*(10/20/16) Hi-Fi - Updated Versus & Story events. Added link to Blade (Modern) stats.
*(10/24/16) Hi-Fi - Updated Versus & Story events, Weekly Buffs, and Deadpool's Daily Quest.
*(10/27/16) Hi-Fi - Updated Deadpool's Daily Quest.

Comments

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 2,996 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Amadeus' Inferno
    Dark Avengers: Heroic

so BOTH of these start monday>

isnt something missing cause there is a week different for the annivery stuff so there should be another pve bfore it starts
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Looks like Heroic Dark Avengers and Cho's Inferno will both start Monday, and then the anniversary stuff will start Thursday, probably with some kind of boss event that typically runs Thu-Sun.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    slidecage wrote:
    Amadeus' Inferno

isnt something missing cause there is a week different for the annivery stuff so there should be another pve bfore it starts
    Anniversary PVE would start with anniversary season. Also cho is more of a once through compared to a repeatable event. It is very short if I remember.

On another note anniversary simulator??? Do I see a Howard the duck and devil Dino covers in the progression? Or new release character??

Looks like anniversary week will be better than last year already!!!
  • halirin
    halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Who is boosted for vortex?
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 2,996 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    wymtime wrote:
    slidecage wrote:
    Amadeus' Inferno

Anniversary PVE would start with anniversary season. Also cho is more of a once through compared to a repeatable event. It is very short if I remember.

On another note anniversary simulator??? Do I see a Howard the duck and devil Dino covers in the progression? Or new release character??

Looks like anniversary week will be better than last year already!!!

keep forgetting season ends sunday.. so i guess they could start the annivery stuff on thursday pve wise
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    halirin wrote:

Same as usual, I imagine. GotG (Star Lord, Gamora, R&G and Drax), Storm, Captain Marvel, Beast...I *think* that's it...?
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Any chance for a preview on any anniversary sales?
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    halirin wrote:
    From the last event thread
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png
    icon_drax.png The Destroyer
    icon_iceman.png All New X-Men
    icon_jeangrey.png All New X-Men
    icon_nova.png Sam Alexander
    icon_starlord.png Legendary Outlaw
    icon_x23.png All-New Wolverine

star.pngstar.pngstar.png
    icon_beast.png Classic
    icon_caroldanvers.png Modern
    icon_gamora.png Guardians of the Galaxy
    icon_rocket.png Most Wanted
    icon_storm.png Mohawk

star.pngstar.png
    nada

star.png
    zilch
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So if a season is ending and the anniversary is a season; will Power Man be added to tokens when the anniversary season starts?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mix of heroes and villains in the rewards for Dark Avengers Heroic... I have a feeling the first Anniversary PvE might be Deadpool vs MPQ.
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    Options
    That's what it's been the last couple years, unless boss battle.
  • Quebbster
    Options
    jffdougan wrote:
    The first anniversary had Deadpool vs MPQ, the second had Galactus. Not much to draw conclusions from.
    It does seem like an appropriate release event for that shadowy figure though.
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    jffdougan wrote:
    The first anniversary had Deadpool vs MPQ, the second had Galactus. Not much to draw conclusions from.

Thought I remembered Deadpool as the event that immediately followed Galactis.
  • Quebbster
    Options
    jffdougan wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    jffdougan wrote:

Thought I remembered Deadpool as the event that immediately followed Galactis.
    Could be. I only vaguely remember Galactus... I think the Simulator was involved though.
  • kramer2410
    Options
    Is amadeus' inferno bugged and will the people who got an automatic cover for it get another cover that they can actually use to level up champed cho?
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So we have 2 Heroic events within 10 days? icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

Happy anniversary! icon_e_confused.gif
  • Quebbster
    Options
    WEBGAS wrote:

There are only so many Three-day events to put in, and we have had a fairly long run without any heroics...
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    WEBGAS wrote:

There are only so many Three-day events to put in, and we have had a fairly long run without any heroics...

there is not enough "fairly long run" without Heroics in my point of view icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

so I am supposed to skip this one....limited roster and forced to use only starlord-psyloche ? NO THANKS icon_razz.gif
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    jffdougan wrote:

God, we just had Deadpool vs MPQ: Deadpool VS. MPQ (2016.09.15 to 2016.09.19)

Here's to hoping they made a brand new anniversary event! Here's also to hoping triple! iso for 3 year anniversary!
  • Quebbster
    Options
    madsalad wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    jffdougan wrote:

God, we just had Deadpool vs MPQ: Deadpool VS. MPQ (2016.09.15 to 2016.09.19)

Here's to hoping they made a brand new anniversary event! Here's also to hoping triple! iso for 3 year anniversary!
    The other possibilities for mixed heroes and villains as essential characters are Gauntlet, which was run even more recently, and Simulator, which had two runs in the last few months too. A brand new event would be most welcome though. icon_e_smile.gif

By the way, I did some diving in the Events forum to satisfy my curiousity about last anniversary. First run of Galactus was followed by The Simulator, which was followed by the second run of Galactus and then Deadpool vs MPQ. So Deadpool vs MPQ wasn't really part of the second anniverary celebration but still ran in Close proximity to it.