Boss Rush Event: Info & Rewards *Updated

Options
David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited October 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
*Update: 1:25 PM 10/14/16

Greetings, all.

The dev team wanted to let everyone know they have been reading your feedback and taking it into consideration. Here's word from Anthony at Demiurge:
    "Hey everyone, We're trying a bunch of new stuff with the initial run of Boss Rush and we appreciate hearing your thoughts. We'll look at our data to see how people did and combine that with the feedback to help improve future runs of the event. Thanks for playing the event, and keep the feedback coming!"

Thank you.

Hi, all.

Boss Rush is almost upon us and Demiurge have provided some details for the event that we hope you'll find useful. Read up for the lowdown!

Boss Rush

o Boss Mission
    - A wave mission comprising of 3 Bosses. Bosses are either existing bosses or boss-versions of 5-Star characters - Mission locks after beating or losing the mission - You contribute a percentage of the hit points that you removed from the bosses - Gets more difficult as you progress through the rounds

o Supporting Character Missions
    - 5 Missions - Wave and Non-Wave missions - Completing these missions unlock the boss mission - Each mission locks after completion of the mission - Unlocks every 8 hours - Missions get more difficult every 8 hours

o Rewards

*Round Rewards*
    - 4 Event Tokens - 1 Storm (Mohawk) Yellow cover - 3 Peggy Carter (Captain America) covers (one of each)

*Individual Progression*
    - 3 Anniversary Tokens - 2 Event Tokens - 1 Ares (Dark Avengers) Green Cover - 1 Storm (Classic) Green Cover - 1 Doctor Doom (Classic) Black Cover - 25 Command Points

*Individual Placement (within your Alliance)*
    1 - Storm (Mohawk) Green Cover, 5000 Iso-8, 100 Hero Points 2-3 - 3 Heroic Tokens, 5000 Iso-8 4-5 - 2 Heroic Tokens, 4000 Iso-8 6-10 - Heroic Token, 3000 Iso-8 11-20 - Elite Token, 2000 Iso-8

*Alliance Placement*
    1-2 - Storm (Mohawk) Yellow Cover, 5000 Iso-8, 100 Hero Points 3-10 - Storm (Mohawk) Yellow Cover, 5000 Iso-8, 50 Hero Points 11-25 - Storm (Mohawk) Yellow Cover, 3000 Iso-8, 100 Hero Points 26-50 - Storm (Mohawk) Yellow Cover, 2000 Iso-8, 50 Hero Points 51-100 - Storm (Mohawk) Yellow Cover, 1000 Iso-8, 25 Hero Points 101-250 - 1000 Iso-8, 25 Hero Points 251-50 - 500 Iso-8, 25 Hero Points 501-1000 - 500 Iso-8 1001-10000 - 250 Iso-8

Comments

• hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Only 3 Anniversary tokens for the entire event? That seems low. I'm hoping that, since you didn't list the rewards for beating the boss rush level, Anniversary tokens are in there.

Also, no 4 star covers at all in alliance progression at all is almost a slap in the face.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2016
    Options
    3 star.png Strorm????
    REALLY???

Are we back to year one where Storm was the default reward for everything?

I'll take my Peggy covers at progression and be done. Why push for alliance placement for Storm?
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Do you have a boosted character list for the event?
  • spghttihead
    spghttihead Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Options
    I'm happy just for those Peggy covers! Just enough to get to 13 and champ her. The 3* Storm abundance is pretty useless though.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hi, all.

Boss Rush is almost upon us and Demiurge have provided some details for the event that we hope you'll find useful. Read up for the lowdown!

Boss Rush

o Boss Mission
      - A wave mission comprising of 3 Bosses. Bosses are either existing bosses or boss-versions of 5-Star characters - Mission locks after beating or losing the mission - You contribute a percentage of the hit points that you removed from the bosses - Gets more difficult as you progress through the rounds

o Supporting Character Missions
      - 5 Missions - Wave and Non-Wave missions - Completing these missions unlock the boss mission - Each mission locks after completion of the mission - Unlocks every 8 hours - Missions get more difficult every 8 hours

o Rewards

*Individual Progression*
      - 4 Event Tokens - 1 Storm (Mohawk) Yellow cover - 3 Peggy Carter (Captain America) covers (one of each)

*Alliance Progression*
      - 3 Anniversary Tokens - 2 Event Tokens - 1 Ares (Dark Avengers) Green Cover - 1 Storm (Classic) Green Cover - 1 Doctor Doom (Classic) Black Cover - 25 Command Points

*Individual Placement (within your Alliance)*
      1 - Storm (Mohawk) Green Cover, 5000 Iso-8, 100 Hero Points 2-3 - 3 Heroic Tokens, 5000 Iso-8 4-5 - 2 Heroic Tokens, 4000 Iso-8 6-10 - Heroic Token, 3000 Iso-8 11-20 - Elite Token, 2000 Iso-8

*Alliance Placement*
      1-2 - Storm (Mohawk) Yellow Cover, 5000 Iso-8, 100 Hero Points 3-10 - Storm (Mohawk) Yellow Cover, 5000 Iso-8, 50 Hero Points 11-25 - Storm (Mohawk) Yellow Cover, 3000 Iso-8, 100 Hero Points 26-50 - Storm (Mohawk) Yellow Cover, 2000 Iso-8, 50 Hero Points 51-100 - Storm (Mohawk) Yellow Cover, 1000 Iso-8, 25 Hero Points 101-250 - 1000 Iso-8, 25 Hero Points 251-50 - 500 Iso-8, 25 Hero Points 501-1000 - 500 Iso-8 1001-10000 - 250 Iso-8

David, I believe alliance and personal progression rewards are the other way around icon_e_smile.gif
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yippee! Peggy!!! My level 250 3/5/4 will be very happy.

I see that missions get more difficult every 8 hours. Will we also have the traditional massive increase in difficulty after 24 hours?
  • an1979
    an1979 Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2016
    Options
    * Supporting Character Missions
    - Missions get more difficult every 8 hours
    Just what everyone wanted and asked for!
    I hope scaling will be as brutal as ever!
    icon_cool.gif
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The worst boss rewards since ......

Captain marvel was an ultron prize in that random run.

Anniversary good will not already pissed away before this with the bugs and MMR in BFF now entirely gone. Wouldn't be MPQ without the smell of dashed hopes and fallen expectations
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So for alliance rewards it will work like normal PVE top placing alliances?? One nice thing about boss battles was you were not competing against other alliances. For future put these rewards as alliance or personal progression. Not every event needs to be a competition.
    Boss battles are special for alliances and having a competition between alliances does not make them more fun. It is actually more fun to feel like you beat the bosses as a team and were able to beat the same boss as stronger alliances. Good effort in trying to make it different, but future let us just play as a team on our own.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Options
    thisone wrote:
    David, I believe alliance and personal progression rewards are the other way around icon_e_smile.gif

Anthony_Demiurge made corrections. Thanks.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Options
    alphabeta wrote:
    The worst boss rewards since ......

Captain marvel was an ultron prize in that random run.

Anniversary good will not already pissed away before this with the bugs and MMR in BFF now entirely gone. Wouldn't be MPQ without the smell of dashed hopes and fallen expectations

I dunno, Peggy is a pretty great 4* reward. Especially if her yellow is the lowest progression cover.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    thisone wrote:

Anthony_Demiurge made corrections. Thanks.

Great, no problems. Rewards are actually good, not sure why such civil unrest. I was hoping for peggy so am happy I got my wish.

Probably can't let it slip yet but will we get doctor strange vault for the second run. Please? icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Options
    So in previous Boss events with the alliance rankings available, it was possible to chance the alliance leaderboard by swapping members out (this was seen when people would merc for PvP). If this is still true, then people will push for top placement in the locked leaderboard, then merc out for top alliance rewards.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JHawkInc wrote:

I laughed.

Peggy rewards are awesome. Individual progression rewards are disappointing.

I'm really hoping that the boss battle is fun somehow and not the march through mud experience it kind of looks like.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

*Alliance Placement*
    1-2 - Storm (Mohawk) Yellow Cover, 5000 Iso-8, 100 Hero Points
    3-10 - Storm (Mohawk) Yellow Cover, 5000 Iso-8, 50 Hero Points
    11-25 - Storm (Mohawk) Yellow Cover, 3000 Iso-8, 100 Hero Points
    26-50 - Storm (Mohawk) Yellow Cover, 2000 Iso-8, 50 Hero Points
    51-100 - Storm (Mohawk) Yellow Cover, 1000 Iso-8, 25 Hero Points
    101-250 - 1000 Iso-8, 25 Hero Points
    251-50 - 500 Iso-8, 25 Hero Points
    501-1000 - 500 Iso-8
    1001-10000 - 250 Iso-8

And suddenly, the best part of this kind of event (progression only), is gone.

More rewards are great! To make put them in competition in-alliance and amongst alliances...not so great.

At least it's pretty garbage rewards. I dread to think of what this might grow into.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

*Alliance Placement*
    1-2 - Storm (Mohawk) Yellow Cover, 5000 Iso-8, 100 Hero Points
    3-10 - Storm (Mohawk) Yellow Cover, 5000 Iso-8, 50 Hero Points
    11-25 - Storm (Mohawk) Yellow Cover, 3000 Iso-8, 100 Hero Points
    26-50 - Storm (Mohawk) Yellow Cover, 2000 Iso-8, 50 Hero Points
    51-100 - Storm (Mohawk) Yellow Cover, 1000 Iso-8, 25 Hero Points
    101-250 - 1000 Iso-8, 25 Hero Points
    251-50 - 500 Iso-8, 25 Hero Points
    501-1000 - 500 Iso-8
    1001-10000 - 250 Iso-8

And suddenly, the best part of this kind of event (progression only), is gone.

More rewards are great! To make put them in competition in-alliance and amongst alliances...not so great.

At least it's pretty garbage rewards. I dread to think of what this might grow into.

Maybe they're just testing placement for boss battles. Remember when Gauntlet had placement one time? It failed and we never saw it again
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Yeah, I think the alliance placement rewards are garbage on purpose, because no top alliance is going to fight tooth and nail over those. And that's a good thing.

Also, the alliance placement and individual placement rewards both being bad should be seen in light of the fact that they didn't exist before in previous boss events. They're literally extra rewards added on top. I see nothing to complain about here, as having them be small lessens the desire to climb over other individuals/alliances.

EDIT: And thanks for Peggy. She's pretty much the most in-demand 4* right now. So I'm excited.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    udonomefoo wrote:
    JHawkInc wrote:

I laughed.

I'm really hoping that the boss battle is fun somehow and not the march through mud experience it kind of looks like.

Agreed they have individual progression for a 2* and two 3*s, they should have had Gwenpool in progression too. The bosses will get harder so it's not like a 2* or low 3* player would reach the 4* progression.
  • RoboDuck
    RoboDuck Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    Options
    udonomefoo wrote:
    JHawkInc wrote:

I laughed.

Just wait until the last 24 hours when the minion wave nodes are 2v6 because the random undercovered 4* or 2* are completely useless. Now thats when the fun really starts!

Please D3, do not ruin another Boss event with awful minion node scaling. Please, I'm begging you.
This discussion has been closed.