R111 Hot Fixes

Options
David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited October 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi, everyone.

Here are the hot fixes arriving in Daily Patches, after the R111 update:
(*Note: This thread will only be updated when relevant info is available. Often, Daily Patches will not contain hot fixes.)

October 21st, 2016
    • During Today's daily patch, we will be making a change to Star-Lord (Legendary Outlaw)'s power Sleight of Hand. The power will now turn selected tiles into Countdown tiles rather than Purple Countdown tiles. When Star-Lord was able to transform selected tiles in Purple Countdown tiles, he had an imbalanced interaction with characters that react off of Match-5s in a stronger-than-intended way. (*We appreciate all the feedback on the character updates that we have received.)

Comments

• Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Aw, I was actually pulling latest tokens for Black Widow because of his purple.
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Quickest nerf ever? Especially post a buff?
  • Eichen
    Eichen Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    Options
    So it takes a year for a re-balance to make him good and less than 24 hours to make him suck again.

Re-balance givith and re-balance taketh away...
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    that wasn't discovered until after it went live? very telling. that's been discussed by the player-base ever since the rumors started. so you to a near bottom-tier character and made him into a solid top half. then in 24 hours sent him back to the bottom half. well played mpq, well played....
  • jtmagee
    jtmagee Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
    Options
    it was clear that this was not fully tested out beforehand. Bummer. I was looking forward to playing more with him.
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    jtmagee wrote:
    it was clear that this was not fully tested out beforehand. Bummer. I was looking forward to playing more with him.

Is anything tested before hand seems a reasonable question these days?
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've been really enjoying the rebalance and it never occurred to me to pair him with Professor X or someone and use his purple to generate match-5's.

Maybe step back off the ledge, folks. He's definitely improved over what he used to be even without that.
  • zonatahunt
    zonatahunt Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It's "fixes" like these that make many of us think there is very little testing ever done by the Dev team. Geez, how does a major interaction with other characters like Prof. X or PHX get past the testing stages and into the live game? Personally, big deal, he's still squishy, I'd just take him out first.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    At least you've made the build decision a lot easier...
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This probably only got nerfed because of prof x and generating more purple ap in an infinite loop way. If purple wasn't his strongest colour I doubt this would have been changed for phoenix.

I'm gutted the partial winfinite is being removed as my 5/1/1 star lord is much weaker after the changes. His purple used to deal 4-5k now he does about 3k
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Options
    DFiPL wrote:
    I've been really enjoying the rebalance and it never occurred to me to pair him with Professor X or someone and use his purple to generate match-5's.

Maybe step back off the ledge, folks. He's definitely improved over what he used to be even without that.

Oh, he's still better, and I'll use him way more.

But this interaction was so painfully obvious to so many people that the nerf was still kind of a surprise.

A slightly less squishy (but still pretty squishy) winfinite team would be a fun option to have.
  • Over__Flow
    Options
    Super move just dumped 100k iso in sl to build a new fun winfinite. Did 10 match that where not easy but fun...and you gut him...please revert that hotfix he was nowhere more efficient than gsbW for winfinite
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I find it amusing that this got Hot Fixed within 24hr of the Starlords rebalance but when we stress serious issues, it gets ignored or takes 1 or 2 patches to resolve.

I saw this coming as soon as all my alliancemates were talking about it. This has been said many times already but why isn't anything play tested? You either need new testers or start hiring some because after the Boss Rush debacle, it's mind boggling how so many things like this are just passed through. How about grabbing a handful of players to test? You'll get real honest feedback from us.

Regardless, I never understood why Starlord made purple CDs when first released and I was surprised he still kept purple CDs but could now place 3.. how could you not foresee players trying to make a 5-match (MNMags ring a bell), especially after how little damage the CDs do now. This is the same player base that prefers to make a 5-match when they actually amass 19 yellow AP as opposed to making protect tiles with Steve Rogers.

I say this is the nicest way possible.. please think before you release.. seriously
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This seems like an overreaction on all sides. The winfinite engine didnt seem much more efficient than gsbw, and if it was a problem it should have been caught in testing. So boo for demi.

But c'mon people: he is still clearly much improved. The hitfix reduces his board cintrol utility significantly, but he can still overwrite 3 special tiles. And his red and yelliw are both significantly more useful (red because its difect damage and yelloe because its passive). I dont kniw where he will end up, but its way too early to say that he is trash tier again. So boo for players too.
  • jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Can nerf Star Lord within a day, but can't fix Boss Rush Scaling two weeks later.

Priorities. Woohoo.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Demiurge, I can win with non-winfinite characters too!

A lot of them also keeps my health same way as winfinite.

Why dont you nerf those teams too?

Why do you have to cherry-pick and ruin some characters, teams, play styles?
  • Cabol
    Cabol Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    Options
    can someone explain to me the interaction with widow people are talking about? I get what he could do with X, but it's going right over my head the widow combo
  • jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Cabol wrote:
    can someone explain to me the interaction with widow people are talking about? I get what he could do with X, but it's going right over my head the widow combo
    Sure, but it's a moot point now. The point of adding Widow was to get 5* match and crit damage while keeping your strongest color as purple. It still required SL + PX though, that didn't change.
  • zeeke
    zeeke Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Options
    jobob wrote:
    Can nerf Star Lord within a day, but can't fix Boss Rush Scaling two weeks later.

Priorities. Woohoo.

First: lol at jobob

Second: you know this is the exact same thing you removed from 3 star Magneto back in the day right, but on blue protect tiles?
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Options
    zeeke wrote:
    jobob wrote:

Priorities. Woohoo.

First: lol at jobob

Second: you know this is the exact same thing you removed from 3 star Magneto back in the day right, but on blue protect tiles?

Are we even sure the same devs are working there now that were back then?