Invisible Woman (Classic) Character Update

Comments

• Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Wonko33 wrote:
    Glad to see this because you never forget your first....

I busted my **** finishing first in the PvE that introduced her. That was before we could see the powers on the reward page, it was a huge disappointment when I was first able to see her powers icon_e_smile.gif

At first it looks like a huge loss to not be able to target her blue but let's wait until we see the numbers...

Yes, numbers please!
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Spiritclaw wrote:
    Wonko33 wrote:

I busted my **** finishing first in the PvE that introduced her. That was before we could see the powers on the reward page, it was a huge disappointment when I was first able to see her powers icon_e_smile.gif

At first it looks like a huge loss to not be able to target her blue but let's wait until we see the numbers...

Yes, numbers please!

https://d3publisher.helpshift.com/a/mar ... -17th-2016

Wow. Another home run.
  • Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    Wish art was upgraded with powers. She looks pretty bad imo.
  • JFisch
    JFisch Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    *sigh*

FEWER than 4 Force Bubbles.

FEWER when something can be counted.
    LESS when it's not quantifiable or too massive to count.
  • roberts_2
    roberts_2 Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    8.299 minimal damage for 10 green gems (8 with star-lord as partner) sounds good for me, also the 3 powers looks good, i wanna try her icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    How odd. So with the 4 Force Bubbles condition met, she does 3000 less damage? I mean, damage potential is pretty high. Use Force Bubbles twice and hit 7 enemy specials to go over the base damage. Save 24 Blue and 10 Green against Flaptain, then let him use Wings of Liberty, near 15,000 damage if you can bubble 12 tiles. Create Protect with one power, Strike with another, and 8K damage burst. This looks pretty good.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    This looks good but...I'm disappointed and surprised you didn't allow her to target *any* tile at 5 covers blue. As it is, only being able to target special tiles and countdown timers makes her less potent.

Sure, her green does damage regardless now, but it still relies on blue to nuke. And if there aren't as many as 4 special tiles on the board, that neuters that power a lot.
  • Sandwichboy
    Sandwichboy Posts: 193 Tile Toppler
    5/3/5 seems the best build from looking at those numbers. Locking enemy special tiles and getting some strikes out is great and all, but 2 turns of TEAM invis and a green nuke that now doesn't actually need another power to do damage? Yeah, those will do just fine, thanks. Plus blue doesn't look like it will even be able to be activated if there aren't special tiles out.
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    I really like the change to her Yellow power, and increased damage output is nice. I do feel as though she's become a little less unique; her power set has become Support Skill + Combo Skill + Finisher Skill, and you're (more or less) expected to just cast Blue into Green and do damage. You can see similarity in Star-Lord, he's got Combo/Support/Finisher. You wait for his passive to activate, then cast Purple to fuel Red damage output.

The damage ratio on Green is nice, and it certainly helps cement XForce at the bottom of the pile of Green abilities, but I think Sue is still in danger of being "improved but unused". There are a tonne of interesting things that they could have done with the locked tile mechanic. What if Sue had a way of generating very strong friendly special tiles but they were added to the board already bubbled? This means they have to be matched or destroyed in order to become active. Or allow her to swap locked tiles with each other? It's kind of a reverse of Bag-Man, but can allow some good strategic play; lock tiles in advance that you will want to swap on a later turn.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Another LATERAL update.

*sigh
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Team invisibility is a huge buff for her yellow, because it will actually cancel out damage instead of simply having one character take hits for another. "Protect tiles are worthless" has been a forum mantra for years, and now her blue makes vastly more useful strike tiles instead. That alone makes this way more than a sidegrade.
  • Arks
    Arks Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    Do improved characters still have increased sell cost? I think it was like 3 covers and level 87 for 1000 HP for Devil Dino/TA Hulk? That's what I'm most excited for since I never use her icon_lol.gif
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Team invisibility is a huge buff for her yellow, because it will actually cancel out damage instead of simply having one character take hits for another. "Protect tiles are worthless" has been a forum mantra for years, and now her blue makes vastly more useful strike tiles instead. That alone makes this way more than a sidegrade.
    a team invis only delays the inevitable, unless it's a CD tile resolving, the AI won't launch an ability if there are no valid targets
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    fmftint wrote:
    a team invis only delays the inevitable, unless it's a CD tile resolving, the AI won't launch an ability if there are no valid targets

It also gives you a couple turns to build AP to do whatever it is you were going to do (like grab green for her nuke).
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    For auld lang syne .... the original original original Invisible Woman, the game's 2nd 4* ... please contain your excitement, and remember, this is 3 reworks ago icon_lol.gif (and in spoiler to avoid confusing anyone):
    :yellow: Grant Invisibility - Cost: 18 to 14 Yellow AP - OLD
    The Invisible Woman hides the weakest member of the team. Converts a random basic Yellow tile into an Invisibility tile. While it’s on the board, the invisible character can’t be targeted.
    Upgrades:
    2. Costs 1 AP less.
    3. Costs 1 AP less.
    4. Costs 1 AP less.
    5. Costs 1 AP less.

bluetile.pngForce Bubbles - Cost: 13 Blue AP - OLD
    Susan focuses her power to lock the enemy down and save the team. Locks 2 chosen tiles in Force Bubbles before creating a Blue Protect tile of strength 91.
    Upgrades:
    2. Locks 5 in Force Bubbles.
    3. Creates a Blue Protect tile of strength 200.
    4. Locks 8 in Force Bubbles.
    5. Creates a Blue Protect tile of strength 400.
    MAX LV 5: Creates a Blue Protect tile of strength 796.

greentile.pngForce Field Crush - Cost: 9 Green AP - OLD
    Invisible Woman shatters the tiles surrounding 1 random Force Bubbles. Each Force Bubble deals 91 damage and is unlocked (but not destroyed). If there are no Force Bubbles, she creates 1 in random locations. Ends the turn.
    Upgrades:
    2. Shatters the tiles around and unlocks 2. If there are no locked tiles, makes 2.
    3. Deals 182 damage per unlocked tile.
    4. Shatters the tiles around and unlocks 3. If there are no locked tiles, makes 3.
    5. Deals 364 damage per unlocked tile.
    MAX LV 5: Deals 724 damage per unlocked tile.

I think this one's older even than that original icon_e_biggrin.gif :
    Invisible Woman (Classic)
    4 Star Rarity (Legendary)

Grant Invisibility - Yellow 23 AP
    The Invisible Woman hides the weakest member of the team. Turn a chosen basic Yellow tole into an Invisibility tile. While it's on the board, the invisible character can't be targeted.
    Level Upgrades
    Level 2: Costs 1 AP less
    Level 3: Costs 1 AP less
    Level 4: Costs 1 AP less
    Level 5: Costs 1 AP less

Force Bubbles - Blue 14 AP
    Susan concentrates deeply, locking one chosen tile plus one for every 10 tiles bearing her symbol.
    Level Upgrades
    Level 2: Reduces tiles required for each additional Force Bubble to 9.
    Level 3: Reduces tiles required for each additional Force Bubble to 8.
    Level 4: Reduces tiles required for each additional Force Bubble to 7.
    Level 5: Reduces tiles required for each additional Force Bubble to 6.

Force Field Crush - Green 12 AP
    Invisible Woman shatters a 3x3 area around 1 random Force Bubble, unlocking but not destroying it. If there are no Force Bubbles on the board, she creates 1 in a random location. This ability ends the turn.
    Level Upgrades
    Level 2: Creates 2 Force Bubbles in none exist.
    Level 3: Targets up to 2 Force Bubbles.
    Level 4: Creates 3 Force Bubbles in none exist.
    Level 5: Targets up to 3 Force Bubbles.
  • VizMantis
    VizMantis Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    So is there a general consensus on how IW is looking? I'm unimpressed, but I said the same for Cho and Starlord at this same point. I've got a spare cover expiring in 4 days, so no time to take her for a test spin. Maybe others are better at getting a sense of thing from the text than I? Here's what I'm thinking....

Yellow is potentially great for avoiding a big (non-aoe) hit. But I always forget to deploy those at the right time and I'm sure the computer won't do any better. Also, defensive tiles, but we all know what we think about those.

Blue can halt special tiles I guess, but doesn't do so as competently as other powers since they can be unlocked. It has the possibly unwelcome side-effect of nerfing your green if it gets you in the 4-7 bubble range. Strike tiles are nice, but she doesn't seem like a go-to for strike tile generation.

Green seems like it does good damage for the first shot. After that, it seems like it might be a chore to get bubbles back under 4. It's got nuke potential, but unlike Starlord's countdown-based dmg or Falcap's shield-based dmg, it seems tough to get it to do more than that base 8k.

Am I missing something? As it stands, she still doesn't seem worth the 300k iso I'd have to spend on her. But like I said, I've called both previous boosts wrong.
  • CCW1208
    CCW1208 Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
    Spiritclaw wrote:
    Wonko33 wrote:

Yes, numbers please!

https://d3publisher.helpshift.com/a/mar ... -17th-2016

Wow. Another home run.

I would champion her if I get 14th IW. I like IW new yellow power. Whole team invisibility could help us pass some difficult wave nodes or boss fights. My new combination would be starlord(3/5/5) IW and kingpin(5/5/3). Using starlord yellow to lower ap cost. (red yellow purple blue and green). Then using kingpine purple to generate IW yellow. We will see whole team invisibility for many turns. Both kingpin black and starlord red powercould use friendly counting tiles. It would be very interesting team
  • zaku
    zaku Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
    As my first champed 4*, I'' mildly concerned about less board control. Otherwise, looks neat!
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 622 Critical Contributor
    I am utterly baffled as to why the met-condition on green (having _# of locked tiles) makes the power weaker. Obviously you're trading damage for the ability to basic-ify locked enemy special tiles, but the tradeoff doesn't seem particularly exciting. She still seems like a bit of a wonky support-character to me, which the A.I. may not necessarily be able to play very effectively -- although I hope to be proven wrong once her changes go live!
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    The only real problem is the situational nature of getting the blue bubbles out. Unless you're fighting specific opponents, it's basically a slightly weaker Nova black. Which means it's tough to get her green into the absurd levels of damage.

8300 for 10 green is still nasty by itself, and boosted that's a 1-shot level nuke. Team invisibility for 2 turns can come in super handy in spots.

She's out of the basement tier for sure. Not meta-changing, but that's not a bad thing. I wouldn't prioritize her over top tier characters, but she's a decent alternative if she's one of your first to cover, and/or you're deciding between a handful of 2nd/3rd tier characters.