2016 Holiday Events Details

Options
Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited December 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
(Disclaimer: All times listed below are in EST)

Hey Everyone,

With the holidays fast approaching, we wanted to provide some more information on the holiday events that will be starting tomorrow.

Enjoy!

General
    • Double Iso-8 in SHIELD Intercept bonus rewards • Versus event skip penalty has been halved and rewards double Versus victory bonus Iso-8 • Events listed below all have double Iso-8 rewards and reward Naughty or Nice vault tokens

Galactus Hungers (December 22, 12:00 PM to December 25, 11:59 PM)
    • Thanos (Modern) available as rewards for when your alliance completes certain rounds • See all twenty of your Alliance members on the leaderboard • Boss missions are made available once your Alliance has completed a round

Crash of the Mad Titan
Thanos has taken over the daily quests from Deadpool with a special event called The Crash of the Mad Titan.

Starting Thursday, December 22nd at 6:00 AM EST, a 5-day Thanos themed version of Deadpool's Daily Quest will run alongside the normal event. The Crash of the Mad Titan event has five missions that are similar to what you would normally find in Deadpool’s Daily Quest as well as a special Crash of the Mad Titan mission. Each day Thanos will challenge a faction found in the game and three characters from that faction will be available to use. Choose one of the characters to face off against Thanos for a chance at your own 5-Star Thanos!

Event Details:
    • 5-Day Event • Missions refresh each day • 5 Normal Missions (Similar to Deadpool Daily missions) • Double Iso-8 • Rewards Tokens to a special Crash of the Mad Titan vault • Crash of the Mad Titan Mission
    o 1 vs. 1 mission against 5-Star Thanos o Choose between 1 of 3 available heroes of a specific faction o Rewards Purple Reign Legendary tokens
• Crash of the Mad Titan Vault
    o 80 Items o 1 Purple Reign Token o 4 4-Stars o 15 3-Stars (Including Thanos (Modern) who is not yet available in packs!) o 10 Elite Tokens o 50 2-Stars
• Purple Reign Legendary Store
    o Contains 4-Stars and 5-Star Thanos o 10% Chance at a 5-Star Thanos o Additional pulls can be purchased for 25 Command Points

Unstable Iso-8 (December 25, 7 AM – December 30, 2 AM)
    • Thanos (Modern) will be featured in the Unstable Iso-8 vault

Naughty or Nice (December 22, 8 PM – December 26, 3 AM)

Featured Characters:
    • Heroes - Spider-Man (Original), Hawkeye (Modern), Storm (Classic), Luke Cage (Hero for Hire), Steve Rogers (Super Soldier), Kamala Khan, Rocket & Groot, Wasp, Cyclops (Classic), Medusa • Villains - Juggernaut, Bullseye (Dark Avengers), Ares, Doctor Doom, Hood, Magneto (Classic), Daken (Classic), Kingpin, Red Hulk, Venom (Eddie Brock)

Naughty or Nice Vault (December 22, 12:00 PM to December 31st, 11:59 PM)
Everyone gets a free token!

80 items in vault!
    • 1 Legendary Token • 6 4-Stars (3 Villains and 3 Heros) • 3 1000 Hero Points • 1 10 Command Points • 4 Elite Tokens • 19 3-Stars • 46 2-Stars

Comments

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,602 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Most excellent! An improvement over last year, and looks to be lots of good stuff to do while I take breaks from Christmas shenanigans.

Though I would ask.
    Brigby wrote:
    Boss missions are made available once your Alliance has completed a round

What exactly does that mean?
  • matthatter
    matthatter Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    Options
    It. looks. awesome!!

One question:
    • Crash of the Mad Titan Mission
    o 1 vs. 1 mission against 5-Star Thanos

Can you let us know ahead of time what level he will be at and how many covers he has? Just so I can determine how high my hopes will go?

But again - very excited! (Especially like how the boss event will reopen once advancing to the next level)

*edit*
    I thought of another question. Will DDQ be suspended or will we have BOTH!?

cuz, that would be really cool. If we had both. very cool. yeah.
  • whycantwesyncpc
    whycantwesyncpc Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Wow, that is a lot of events all going on at the same time. I'm so not going to have time to play all of this. icon_e_sad.gif
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    On Galactus side missions, are they going to scale out of control... again?

Insane side missions ARE NOT FUN
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I like 99% of this!

I'm a bit miffed that the Ghost Rider cover that would have shown up in the next PvE event...doesn't appear to be a thing any more. Which is a shame cos that would have been the last one I needed ¬¬

But still, the rest of this looks really good!
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    matthatter wrote:
    Can you let us know ahead of time what level he will be at and how many covers he has? Just so I can determine how high my hopes will go?

But again - very excited! (Especially like how the boss event will reopen once advancing to the next level)

*edit*
    I thought of another question. Will DDQ be suspended or will we have BOTH!?

cuz, that would be really cool. If we had both. very cool. yeah.
    Unfortunately I do not have information available pertaining to specific levels. Although the good news is...
    a 5-day Thanos themed version of Deadpool's Daily Quest will run alongside the normal event.
    ...that yes, players will have both! icon_e_wink.gif
  • matthatter
    matthatter Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Brigby wrote:
    Although the good news is...
    a 5-day Thanos themed version of Deadpool's Daily Quest will run alongside the normal event.
    ...that yes, players will have both! icon_e_wink.gif

tumblr_nxs0cxERJd1qjtajso1_400.gif
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So will there be a naughty or nice vault and a Thanos crash vault? Or will there just be one special vault?
  • kidicarus
    kidicarus Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    What the heck?!?
    Double Iso-8 in SHIELD Intercept bonus rewards

This makes me angry. I'm already frequently reminded in chat about the huge daily rewards that we're not getting on Steam and now you want to give them an even bigger advantage?

Throw us a tinykitty bone...
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Any chance there's something in the works for PC Steam players?

I've been told that Shield Intercept bonuses are NOT insignificant especially in terms of your daily HP flow and doubling ISO will only further push that player base away from the smaller PC players.

We also miss out on the benefits of facebook rewards.

I realize PC Steam users make up a small fraction of your player base but it would be great to know that we haven't been forgotten. Doubling the rewards given out from daily re-supply for PC users only would likely compensate for lost rewards by platform. (You wouldn't have to double the covers given out of course). Anything that shows we matter even if they don't perfectly align with the mobile player base would be appreciated.

This gripe aside I appreciate the Holiday event details and look forward to getting my hands on Thanos icon_e_smile.gif
  • Argon Flame
    Argon Flame Posts: 98 Match Maker
    Options
    Hey Brigby,
    I am genuinely interested to find out how you fare through the Galactus event. Can you let us know if you enjoyed it and how far through your new roster can compete!
    Thanks and Merry Christmas!
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    lol skip tax should be removed entirely and forever.

brigby do you have who will be buffed during galactus and also which characters will be the one used to open up boss nodes. we know the 3 featured characters.

"• Double Iso-8 in SHIELD Intercept bonus rewards" pc get screwed cause causewe don't get intercepts.

thx again for the information ahead of time. icon_e_smile.gif
  • fmftint
    Options
    Brigby wrote:

Naughty or Nice Vault (December 22, 12:00 PM to December 31st, 11:59 PM)
    Everyone gets a free token!

80 items in vault!
      • 1 Legendary Token • 6 4-Stars (3 Villains and 3 Heros) • 3 1000 Hero Points • 1 10 Command Points • 4 Elite Tokens • 19 3-Stars • 46 2-Stars

Considering there are ONLY 4 4 star.png villains, why not include all of them to avoid the inevitable "the excluded villain is the only one I need"

icon_carnage.pngicon_kingpin.pngicon_redhulk.pngicon_venom.png
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thanks for the thorough communication brigby. You had almost all of us at "double iso"! But letting us view all 20 alliamce memebers in the boss events is a very nice bonus QoL improvement (especially with communal scoring).

Now if you could just do a quick redesign of thanos so he seemed like a worthy character to chase. . . icon_e_wink.gif (just kidding, i am all in for the punmax covers and double iso)

Koala: the galactus buff list is live in game.

Wolvie, bw, cyc, hulk, hawkeye, and spidey are all buffed at all star tiers (with a few exceptions. No rulk, no kate). Also 2* cap.
  • TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I am so ready to get my 3nos!

I see his 3* version is sans Infinity Gauntlet. I assume the Gauntlet will be the thing that bumps him up a couple ranks. XD
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Actually...now I'm REALLY miffed that the featured 4* in Galactus is Ghost Rider, but there's no Ghost Rider in progression because there's no clearance levels.
    Been waiting months for GR green to hit progression and when it's finally about to you remove the clearance levels. Boo =(
  • fmftint
    Options
    Actually...now I'm REALLY miffed that the featured 4* in Galactus is Ghost Rider, but there's no Ghost Rider in progression because there's no clearance levels.
    Been waiting months for GR green to hit progression and when it's finally about to you remove the clearance levels. Boo =(
    Maybe you'll get lucky and he'll be one of the 3 hero 4 star.png s in the vault
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I believe we already have a winner for the 3* Thanos abbreviated forum name!
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Options

I believe we already have a winner for the 3* Thanos abbreviated forum name!

I do love 3nos and Thano5.
  • St1nkf1st
    St1nkf1st Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I think most of this is great stuff with lots of goodies, except for
    Brigby wrote:

Doubles Steam user's grudge.