Known Issue: Galactus Boss Not Unlocking *Updated (1/6/17)

Options
Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited January 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Hey Everyone,

The team is aware of certain players being unable to unlock the boss node in the Galactus Hungers event, and they're actively investigating as we speak. Based on player reports, there does not seem to be a consistent reason for this encounter, so it will take time to isolate the exact cause.

Apologies for the inconvenience. Once I have received official news for announcement, I will update this post. Thank you for understanding.

Update: Thanks for all the feedback that you have sent to Customer Support everyone. We have plenty of information now to aid the team in their investigation. Thanks for all the help!

New Update: Those of you who were affected by this issue will be provided two tokens to the Galactus Hungers Comic store, as a token of our appreciation for being patient and understanding. Thank you!

Comments

• AionTeleos
    AionTeleos Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Glad to hear that they're aware of the problem, and working on a fix. Thanks, Brigby.
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Thanks, Brigby, glad you guys are letting us know in a timely fashion before we go insane icon_e_smile.gif
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Seriously, how does this team keep managing to break previously working content?
  • TheDrStrange
    TheDrStrange Posts: 89 Match Maker
    Options
    A friend of mine just had this happen. He force closed his app and relogged in and Galactus was available again.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thanks for looking into it!
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Well I like this Brigby fellow.
  • y4747
    y4747 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    Options
    thanks for the update; should tickets be opened, so they have info on who/how many are affected, or just let it be? i'd hate my alliance to lose max progression because of this icon_cry.gif
  • Pinko_McFly
    Pinko_McFly Posts: 282 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Happened to me after I got a shield intercept ( paid recently so no ad to watch) on the node that should have unlocked him.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Options
    y4747 wrote:
    thanks for the update; should tickets be opened, so they have info on who/how many are affected, or just let it be? i'd hate my alliance to lose max progression because of this icon_cry.gif

I wouldn't stress too much about that. The amount of points that you miss out on through a missed boss clear in the first couple rounds is small compared to the value of even a partial boss clear in the final round.

If this persists into the later rounds, that's something to worry about, but the points in the first refresh are almost trivial compared to the points in the final refreshes.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Why "based on player sentiment"?

My sentiment is, "oh no, here we go again", and that has no bearing at all on any underlying cause.

Should we be reporting how and where it happens for us? You know, for empirical data and stuff?

:edit: Never mind, there's a whole other thread for that.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Moon Roach wrote:

My sentiment is, "oh no, here we go again", and that has no bearing at all on any underlying cause.

Heh, I think in this context we should interpret it as based on player reports. But who knows, maybe Brigby is in touch with mystical forces and realizes we players have willed a Tulpa into existence with our thoughts. Who's channeling Dormammu's powers to introduce programming bugs? icon_lol.gif
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    firethorne wrote:
    Moon Roach wrote:

Heh, I think in this context we should interpret it as based on player reports. But who knows, maybe Brigby is in touch with mystical forces and realizes we players have willed a Tulpa into existence with our thoughts. Who's channeling Dormammu's powers to introduce programming bugs? icon_lol.gif
    Oops. Yes, I meant player reports, not sentiment. icon_redface.gificon_e_confused.gif

Edit: Updated post with additional information
  • waywreth
    waywreth Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I restarted the app the first time it happened - and that didn't help. Also restarted after the 2nd time it happened - also didn't help.
  • fmftint
    Options
    We'r approaching the first reset, any update on this situation, or are we all tinykitty?
  • Utmbrad
    Utmbrad Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Options
    We are all screwed. Typical sorry your having issues but not its nit my fault answer
  • fmftint
    Options
    Brigby wrote:

Edit: Updated post with additional information
    Could you or one of the mods edit the thread title to show that the OP has been updated? It's not obvious that additions have been made unless you're reading from the OP each time. I'd imagine most, like myself, will just jump to the last post
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Had this issue...had to lose out on a Galactus clear...don't particularly care enough to send in a support ticket.

Just hope it gets fixed sooner rather than later. Gotta say, this stuff only ever seems to break when you guys are about to get some time off. It's almost like you don't want to leave the office 8O
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Restarting did not work for me. I wasn't in a hurry so I waited an hour and restarted again. Still no change.
  • fmftint
    Options
    xRl1XGD.png?1
    My team just moved into round 5, this should have unlocked my Galactus (26 mins to natural unlock) but he remains locked
    Brigby wrote:
    • Boss missions are made available once your Alliance has completed a round [/list]
  • xdogg
    xdogg Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Round 4, played last side node, Galactus stayed locked