Known Issue: Increased Ability Costs *Updated (1/4/17)

Options
Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited January 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi Everyone,

There is currently an R117 bug with power levels that is causing certain abilities to cost more than they should. The team is currently looking into the issue. Here is a list of all the known affected powers:
    • Hawkeye (Classic) - Arrow Stab • Juggernaut (Classic) - Headbutt • Juggernaut (Classic) - Unstoppable Crash • Spiderman (Original) - All Tied Up • Yelena Belova (Dark Avenger) - Lethal Recon • Ares (Dark Avengers) - Onslaught • Black Widow (Original) - Aggressive Recon • Black Widow (Original) - Anti-Gravity Device • Bullseye (Dark Avengers) - Murderous Aim • Magneto (Marvel Now!) - Iron Hammer • Magneto (Marvel Now!) - Magnetic Flux • Spider-Man (Bagman) - Switcheroo • Spider-Man (Bagman) - Web-Slinger • Black Widow (Grey Suit) - Sniper Rifle • Black Widow (Grey Suit) - Pistol • Iron Man (Model 40) - Recharge • Miles Morales (Spider-Man) - Hide and Seek
I will update this post when I find out further information regarding a fix time-frame. Apologies for the inconvenience.

*Update: The team has identified the issue and fixed it. Since this fix requires a platform release, it will be included in the R118 patch.

Comments

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So does that meanb R117 is a legitimately released by the devs or was this a beta patch that wasn't supposed to go live in the store?

specifically do you want us to wait on updates or update now?

please advise
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Thanks for the update!
  • Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So do we have to use them all to get compensation or just have them rostered? Thanks in advance
  • TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Some of the abilities have reduced costs, but same power. So I honestly doubt there will be any compensation.

Yes, IM40's yellow costs 2 more. But OBW's purple costs 3 less, and GSBW's green costs 4 less. So if nothing else, it'll cause people to maybe change up their teams for a bit. Consider it an unexpected roster reshuffle. icon_razz.gif
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Switcheroo down to 13 from 18, Webslinger down to 9 from 17, time to break out Bagman.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Welcome back to the office, Brigby. It's on fire again. icon_e_smile.gif

An unrelated but pressing matter: when will the promised compensation be given out for the Banner/Hulk bug?
  • GreenyBoy
    GreenyBoy Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Should we expect a compensation like 5* hulk bug or Galactus bug?
  • Brigby
    Options
    Daiches wrote:
    An unrelated but pressing matter: when will the promised compensation be given out for the Banner/Hulk bug?
    If you had played a game with The Hulk (Bruce Banner) with a point(s) in his ability, The Other Guy, then to my knowledge those players should have already been provided a token of appreciation for their patience.
    GreenyBoy wrote:
    I'm sorry, but as of right now, I do not have enough information to say whether there will be compensation for this ability cost issue or not.
  • Lukoil
    Lukoil Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    ...... Model40 IM yellow now costs 8 (in battle) =\
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby wrote:
    Daiches wrote:
    If you had played a game with The Hulk (Bruce Banner) with a point(s) in his ability, The Other Guy, then to my knowledge those players should have already been provided a token of appreciation for their patience.
    GreenyBoy wrote:
    I'm sorry, but as of right now, I do not have enough information to say whether there will be compensation for this ability cost issue or not.
    Regardless of miscommunication and everything else, thank you for being online and talkative.
    I'm sure you're just as annoyed as we are with the situation.
  • Mechahamster
    Mechahamster Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I went on autopilot, picked IM40 and Steve, yellow match, yellow match. Wondered if my game was on the verge of crashing as I kept hammering Recharge with nothing happening. Muscle Memory is one hell of a thing.
  • richterbelmont10
    Options
    Please fix the IM40 bug ASAP! The yellow power now costs 8 AP instead of 6 AP. It says 6 AP in the out-of-game status screen, but in-game it costs 8 AP.
  • sinburn
    sinburn Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
    Options
    So the process is the same as last year:

1) You either release a patch or the events switch.
    2) Something significant breaks that should have been caught in testing.
    3) Players are left feeling like your unrewarded beta testers.
    4) Repeat each week.

The saddest part of it all? You could repeat the same event 5-6 times a year and something will still break. Every time.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It is pretty impressive that they manage to break the game everytime they patch it. That is some effort.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It is pretty impressive that they manage to break the game everytime they patch it. That is some effort.

I was just thinking about how mellow mpq was over the holidays. No daily data pushes eat retal ques. Game was relatively stable. etc... They get back in the office and then all hell breaks loose.

Maybe the office should take more vacations .

hahaha
  • Brigby
    Options
    *Moved several posts regarding Hulk crash to this thread: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=55860

Please keep all posts relevant to the thread's topic. Thank you.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phumade wrote:
    So does that meanb R117 is a legitimately released by the devs or was this a beta patch that wasn't supposed to go live in the store?

please advise

This is a very important question!

I haven't updated yet and am frankly afraid to.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Awesome guys! Maybe you can offer us compensation for having characters that have borked powers only to cheat us out of them when we try to collect by saying "oh, you actually need to USE the character with the borked power in order to collect the compensation."

Ya know, like you did with Banner?

Why would I knowingly use a character that I know is already borked?

*Removed Insult*
    - Brigby
  • Brigby
    Options
    pheregas wrote:
    Phumade wrote:

please advise

This is a very important question!

I haven't updated yet and am frankly afraid to.
    R117 is an official patch that the developers have released. It did unfortunately contain this minor gameplay issue, however it certainly was not an accidental patch.

On a personal note, I previously worked in Quality Assurance for the games industry. I've seen some pretty weird bugs occur out of nowhere, particularly in PVP, only to find out I was on an older build compared to my coworkers. The second I updated to the same build as them, the bug was completely gone. In my opinion, I'd recommend updating, so you're on the same patch as everyone else.
  • GreenyBoy
    GreenyBoy Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I get your point Brigby, but honestly I suggest not to update until this is fixed.
    I, for example, use im40 a lot and with the current bug he is far from good to use.