Options
Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited January 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi everyone,

Here are the updates for today's R117 hot fix patch:

January 6, 2017
    • Invisible Woman's power
Force Bubble's next level text at Power Level four now properly states that the power will target enemy Countdown tiles at Power Level five.
• Daken (Dark Avengers) and Daken (Classic)'s power Chemical Reaction now plays an animation again.
• Thanos (Modern)'s power Court Death power was dealing more damage to allies than expected. The damage done to allies has been reduced for all power levels.
• Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers)'s power Executive Decision can no longer activate from Colossus (Classic)'s power Fastball Special.

January 10, 2017 *New Update*
    • Captain Marvel (Ms. Marvel)'s power
Sonic Boom no longer drains Team-Up AP.
• Sentry (Dark Avengers)'s Power World Rupture no longer damages himself.
• Sentry (Dark Avengers)'s Power Supernova no longer damages himself.
• Ragnarok (Dark Avengers)'s Power Godlike Power no longer damages himself.
• Thor (Goddess of Thunder)'s power Smite no longer counts Locked Charged tiles when calculating additional damage.
• Squirrel Girl (Unbeatable)'s power Furry Friends will convert a Locked tile to a basic tile if it is randomly selected by the power.
• Mystique (Raven Darkholme)'s power Shapeshift can longer be fired if the last enemy is invisible.
• Spider-Man (Bag-Man)'s power Web-Slinger now has the correct tense for power levels 2 through 5.
• The countdown tile created by Gorgon's power Awaken the Hand now displays the correct description.
• Defender Doombot's power Hubris now displays a power banner.

Comments

• DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    While it may be too late for his pvp, I'm glad you guys got Thanos's Black fixed.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Brigby wrote:
    • Thanos (Modern)'s power Court Death power was dealing more damage to allies than expected. The damage done to allies has been reduced for all power levels.

It's about 2/7ths of the previous amount. I'd estimate about 1060 to each ally at 5 covers at 166
  • DapperChewie
    Options
    Jaedenkaal wrote:
    Brigby wrote:

It's about 3.5 times less than before. I'd estimate about 1060 to each ally at 5 covers at 166

What exactly is 3.5x less than something? How do you do that math? If it did 2000 before, does it do -5000 now?
  • spectator
    spectator Posts: 395 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Seems to be on par with the 5 star version now
  • Jaedenkaal
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Jaedenkaal wrote:
    Brigby wrote:

It's about 3.5 times less than before. I'd estimate about 1060 to each ally at 5 covers at 166

What exactly is 3.5x less than something? How do you do that math? If it did 2000 before, does it do -5000 now?

Fine, fine. It does about (previous amount)/3.5 as much damage. A three-and-a-halfth, if you will icon_e_smile.gif
  • Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    But I really liked the Daken change. Can they just add the animation to fire 1 time a match and the rest it does as it does now?
  • bigsmooth
    bigsmooth Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Thanks to the powers that be for the change to Thanos; that power as previously constructed just made for an awful playing experience.
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Could you please look into Quakes broken Yellow passive (seems to only cover damage at cover level 1 even when covered higher)?

(Sidenote: I loved not seeing Dakens frequent animations...)
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Jaedenkaal wrote:
    Brigby wrote:

My level 140 Thanos is now doing 953 damage. Before he was doing 3300 damage so this is 2/3 reduction roughly which is good. When he is essential and buffed that means it will do 2K damage to allies instead of 6k+. Also at 140 he is doing 3722 damage AOE on a kill. Buffed it will be 7-8k damage which will be nasty. 7-8k for 2k isn't a bad trade especially if you bring true healers.
  • DapperChewie
    Options
    Jaedenkaal wrote:
    Jaedenkaal wrote:
    Brigby wrote:

Fine, fine. It does about (previous amount)/3.5 as much damage. A three-and-a-halfth, if you will icon_e_smile.gif

All right, that makes much more sense. So 2000/3.5 = ~572. Thanks!

And honestly, I wasn't being snarky, I just never understood what people meant by "X times less". icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Jaedenkaal
    Options
    And honestly, I wasn't being snarky, I just never understood what people meant by "X times less". icon_e_biggrin.gif

I accept the chastisement with dignity.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I had a feeling Thanos' black was bugged or just miscalculated. It made no sense at all that they could have designed him to do more damage to you at 3 and 4 covers than he did to the enemy.

This is what giving someone the benefit of the doubt gets you. Sometimes they reward you by acknowledging a mistake.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Options

This is what giving someone the benefit of the doubt gets you. Sometimes they reward you by acknowledging a mistake.

I'm cranky today and see the fact that it happened at all more evidence that they don't give a **** about the quality of the product they produce.

/super cranky
  • Nepenthe
    Nepenthe Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm glad Court Death got fixed, but this was "more damage than expected" doesn't that mean that nobody tested this new character, like, AT ALL?
  • TheDrStrange
    TheDrStrange Posts: 89 Match Maker
    Options

I'm cranky today and see the fact that it happened at all more evidence that they don't give a tinykitty about the quality of the product they produce.

/super cranky

Making games is hard. Stuff just happens sometimes.
  • zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Nepenthe wrote:
    I'm glad Court Death got fixed, but this was "more damage than expected" doesn't that mean that nobody tested this new character, like, AT ALL?
    when I read that I figured it was in regards to the fact 3/4 covers was doing extra damage to allies.

did not remotely expect them to put him in line with the 5 star and actually make people stop debating if they wanted to go 0/5/5 on him.
  • Nepenthe
    Nepenthe Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yep, I thought it was just the 3 & 4 covers issue at first too.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Options

I'm cranky today and see the fact that it happened at all more evidence that they don't give a tinykitty about the quality of the product they produce.

/super cranky

Making games is hard. Stuff just happens sometimes.

Hi Doc,

Yes, it does. But when this much happens (and much of it easily noticed by playing a few missions), one has to wonder how hard they're trying.

Doc
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm happy to see they fixed Thanos. I gave up on his PvE essential and didn't bother with PvP.. the fix was alittle too late but at least now I'll actually try to cover him. Thanks!
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Brigby wrote:
    Hi everyone,

Here are the updates for today's R117 hot fix patch:

• Thanos (Modern)'s power Court Death power was dealing more damage to allies than expected. The damage done to allies has been reduced for all power levels.[/list]

Sorry to be pedantic but "than expected" is a problematic statement - it was doing exactly what the in game description said it would do, exactly what the character thread on the games official forums said it would do.

To say that was unexpected implies no one from the Dev team even read that before they put it in game.

This is a buff not a fix - it's a much needed and appreciated buff but it does the state of relations with the player base no good to pass terrible design decisions off with an excuse that they are a bug.

I'd have 1000% more respect for statement that says we wanted the 3* to be a pared back version of the 5* and got it wrong, we've heard the feedback and sorry we where out of Christmas so the fix took longer than anyone might have wanted.

That it's been passed off as an unexpected impact of the character description just raises all the heckles of boss rush, testing etc and makes me genuinely concerned there is felt somewhere a need to dress a bad decision choice (they happen it's been fixed that's fine) as a bug.