Patch 119.1????

Options
Sm0keyJ0e
Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
edited February 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Ummm... what is this? Gonna fix a critical issue for .01% of the population and introduce a new, worse bug for 18% of the population?

And on a Friday no less??

I ain't downloading that...

Comments

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I'm on iOS R119 and I just got a notification that an update was pending and I should get it. ****? So I hit update and it took me to the app store where there was no update. I come back to the game, same pop-up. Anyone else getting this?

dfKM9Kk.png

XxfDNSZ.png

EDIT: Appreciate the merge whichever mod did it. icon_razz.gif
  • Slothkins
    Slothkins Posts: 58 Match Maker
    Options
    Yeah, I got it as well. It had the same patch notes as the most recent update. I just ignored it until I could check on here, given all the recent issues with patches.
  • broll
    Options
    I guess I'm not the only one then:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=58575
  • VizMantis
    VizMantis Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yeah, seems risky. I'm not sure what the iOS issue they're referring to is, but I haven't had any problems, so I'm reluctant to download it. On the other hand, I'm not looking forward to being subjected to constant "you should update" popups all weekend.
  • broll
    Options
    Slothkins wrote:
    Yeah, I got it as well. It had the same patch notes as the most recent update. I just ignored it until I could check on here, given all the recent issues with patches.

I see patch notes, but does your app store actually show an update button? Mine just has an open button. I did notice my game is displaying R119.0 and not R119.1. However, I'm assuming R119.1 was the patch that fixed the connection issue iOS users had with R119, based on the notes. So must have it since I've had no issues. I wonder if they labelled patch wrong in the code...
  • V1rusHunter
    V1rusHunter Posts: 201 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I see it in my Update section of the App Store. I feel it's risky. Hoping someone else will do it first.
  • broll
    Options
    I don't plan to do it unless it forces. My bigger concern is that on Saturday or Sunday it could force it and there would be no help till Monday.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Got the same thing, and I hit "Skip" ... it's more likely that someone accidentally sent a push notification than that this is anything untrustworthy, but I'm going to avoid it until I have no other option.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up message, broll. I'm coincidentally in a meeting with the development team right now. I'll ask them about this 119.1 patch and update this post once I find out more info.

Edit: So turns out that since the patch was just released, it might take some time for it to propagate and show up in the store. If you don't see the update button, please refresh the download store. The patch consists of additional bug fixes.
  • waywreth
    waywreth Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Brigby wrote:
    Thanks for the heads up message, broll. I'm coincidentally in a meeting with the development team right now. I'll ask them about this 119.1 patch and update this post once I find out more info.

Thanks Brigby. Patches during Alliance events are a bit scary - especially considering no one is reporting any issues (at least that I've seen).
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm on iOS and just installed the update. No issues yet, was able to get in fine, though I already did my last clear in Civil War an hour ago, so I don't know if it introduced and new bugs yet (like the bosses not unlocking or the like).
  • broll
    Options
    waywreth wrote:
    Brigby wrote:

Thanks Brigby. Patches during Alliance events are a bit scary - especially considering no one is reporting any issues (at least that I've seen).

Agreed, especially on Friday afternoon during an Alliance event...
    Brigby wrote:

Edit: So turns out that since the patch was just released, it might take some time for it to propagate and show up in the store. If you don't see the update button, please refresh the download store. The patch consists of additional bug fixes.

Can we get word on what the additional fixes are? As people have noted I haven't seen any issues or anyone reporting any issues, yet the notes say it's a critical issue. That doesn't seem to line up. My only guess is this patch fixes the issue where a few users got a covers for a non-released character. Either way I'd rather not update until I hear more reports of people updating OK and/or what the critical issues it's suppose to fix are.
  • Brigby
    Options
    broll wrote:
    Can we get word on what the additional fixes are? As people have noted I haven't seen any issues or anyone reporting any issues, yet the notes say it's a critical issue. That doesn't seem to line up. My only guess is this patch fixes the issue where a few users got a covers for a non-released character. Either way I'd rather not update until I hear more reports of people updating OK and/or what the critical issues it's suppose to fix are.
    From my understanding, it has mostly to do with back-end data stuff. (Aka technical mumbo jumbo complexities icon_lol.gif ) I was told it won't impact any game functionality though.
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Given the recent track record on updates I will hold off on updating until the very very last moment.

Never patch on Friday. Especially if nobody can describe what actually changes on a hot-fix out of order update...
  • 9Enigma
    Options
    Game updated before I saw this and had a chance to stop it. It took longer than usual, but the game loaded and seems to be operating just fine. iOS by the way.
  • Merrick
    Merrick Posts: 198 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I have a question. Why were they able to force through this update so quickly while we had to sit and wait 2 weeks for other updates when things got really broken?

A dozen characters not working properly- you can wait till the next update in 14 days to fix it.

But whatever the issue was here, got pushed through within days of the last update.
  • Brigby
    Options
    Merrick wrote:
    I have a question. Why were they able to force through this update so quickly while we had to sit and wait 2 weeks for other updates when things got really broken?

A dozen characters not working properly- you can wait till the next update in 14 days to fix it.

But whatever the issue was here, got pushed through within days of the last update.
    That's because the update didn't affect game functionality, as it was more so bug fixes for the back-end data. That's why it didn't require a full build to be submitted.

We recently posted a thread detailing the development process, and how we go about submitting builds if you're interested in learning more: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=57469
  • Oldboy
    Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I updated the app to v119.1 and did my full clear of Rd7 in Team IM. Didn't experience any problems other than Cap somehow managing to clear some or all of IM40's recharge tiles half the time... either that or Cho's CD tile. Can we count that as a bug?

Edit: on iOS but yet to update to latest v10.2.1