Update to Deadpool's Daily Quest! (2/21/17)

Options
Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited March 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Hey Everyone,

You might have noticed that there's a brand-spanking new update for Deadpool's Daily, with a brand-spanking new background to boot! (Yes. That's my work of art drawing. Isn't it beautiful?)

Now did it mean I had to sneak into Demiurge's office and force them to reveal all of this information? Maybe. But that's not important.

What IS important is that there is finally a new update for Deadpool's Daily Quest coming, and it's arriving tomorrow (2/22)! Gosh, I'm so excited! I can't wait to tell my buddy, Logan!

But first, time for a chimichanga. Deadp...I mean...Brigby out!
=====
New Map!
The Deadpool’s Daily Quest event has gotten a new facelift!
DDQ3Map.png

Big Enchilada has Fewer Opponents
The Big Enchilada mission has been changed from a four-wave, twelve opponent mission to a one wave six opponent mission. Enemy levels have been decreased as well.

Crash of the Titans Mission Always Available
The Crash of the Titans mission will be available on the first day the new cycle of Deadpool’s Daily Quest starts. Once the mission is completed, it will be unavailable until the next cycle starts.

More Daily Progression Rewards
We have increased the number of daily progression rewards. Every day, completing all 1-Star, 2-Star and 3-Star missions will give you all progression rewards up to and including the 2,000 Iso-8 reward. Completing the daily 4-Star mission as well will give you an additional Taco Token. Finally, completing the Crash of the Titans mission will give you all progression rewards for that day.

Added a New Mission, “Behemoth Burrito”
The Behemoth Burrito mission is a brand new mission that gives you the opportunity to earn two Command Points every day! This mission requires a specific 2-Star character, a 3-Star character, and a 4-Star character.

The 4-Star required characters will follow the Crash of the Titans order (viewtopic.php?f=7&t=51073). The first 4-Star will be Sam Wilson (Captain America) on 2/22/2017.

Here is the current list of Missions:
DDQ3Table.png

Comments

• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Why are they skipping the back end of the currect Crash cycle? Next should be Deadpool, but they're jumping to Sam Wilson
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think he means the Big Burrito mission will use the Crash order, but not at the same time. CotT will continue as usual and BB will start at Sam. That's my guess. BB will run every day it would seem, while Crash is still weekly, so there's no reason for them to start synced up.

I'm excited.
  • fmftint
    Options
    Jaedenkaal wrote:
    I think he means the Big Burrito mission will use the Crash order, but not at the same time. CotT will continue as usual and BB will start at Sam. That's my guess. BB will run every day it would seem, while Crash is still weekly, so there's no reason for them to start synced up.

I'm excited.
    That being the case they are missing the key word TEAM
  • Oldboy
    Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So... no more purple token?
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2017
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    Jaedenkaal wrote:

I'm excited.
    That being the case they are missing the key word TEAM

Not sure where they could put that where it would really help. A clarification, certainly, would be really nice.
    Oldboy wrote:

Except as the reward (not progression award) for the Crash pin, I assume you mean. Which is where it's always been.

@Brigby the theorycrafter in me is really sad that that's a picture and not text.
  • Cymmina
    Cymmina Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Would it kill you guys to use an HTML table? The technology does not exist that would let me copy/paste text from an image.
  • Felonius
    Felonius Posts: 289 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    While not that impressive a change, nor even close to what I was hoping for, it is none-the-less an improvement, and I appreciate the additional rewards. Thanks! icon_e_smile.gif
  • halirin
    halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Cymmina wrote:
    Would it kill you guys to use an HTML table? The technology does not exist that would let me copy/paste text from an image.

I think the technology does in fact exist - optical character recognition (OCR). If you save the image as a pdf, adobe acrobat has some built in OCR. Or maybe some kind soul here will post the list as text.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    An extra taco token and 2CP a day sounds good to me! That's an extra 3 classic legendaries a month. Plus a daily sort-of-combined-arms fight (every non-crazy person's favorite PvP). I'm looking forward to trying it out tomorrow.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So, is this the big quality of life update you've been hinting at, or is there something else planned?
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Wasp, Falcon and Bullseye? That's gonna be one slow node clear.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    Why are they skipping the back end of the currect Crash cycle? Next should be Deadpool, but they're jumping to Sam Wilson

Maybe Captain America comes before Deadpool?
    Oldboy wrote:

You mean the legendary? It's still available. The mission now is always on the board but completable once every 5 day cycle.
    So, for example, tomorrow will have the required 4* (Sam Wilson) tile available to beat right from the beginning. It'll stay there for 5 days, giving you plenty of chances to have a go at it. Once it's completed, it's locked until the next required character is up and the tokens switch.
  • TetsujinOni
    TetsujinOni Posts: 181 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Brigby wrote:
    Added a New Mission, “Behemoth Burrito”
    The Behemoth Burrito mission is a brand new mission that gives you the opportunity to earn two Command Points every day! This mission requires a specific 2-Star character, a 3-Star character, and a 4-Star character.

The 4-Star required characters will follow the Crash of the Titans order (viewtopic.php?f=7&t=51073). The first 4-Star will be Sam Wilson (Captain America) on 2/22/2017.

Here is the current list of Missions:
    DDQ3Table.png

So, the Behemoth Burrito will be "required 2*, required 3*, required 4*" node versus randomized or developer-seeded 2/3/4 teams, or will be it be "Required 2* plus choice of one each 3* and 4*" versus the listed table of opponents in rotation?

The first seems like 2cp per clear would be punitively difficult to get started on for rosters that would be helped most by +1 Classic pull per 10 days; the second seems like it creates a consistent way to help move a 3* to 4* transition along a little more reliably.

I'm thinking its the second, but confirmation before tomorrow would be lovely.
  • Halleck
    Halleck Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Options
    This is probably a better than average place to confess that I'd stopped completing the Deadpool's Daily a few weeks ago. This is an interesting enough shake-up and improvement to bring me back.

If it turns out to be possible, I specifically like the option of hitting max progression from doing the Behemoth Burrito instead of some rote 1* - 2* missions. (Yes, even if that leaves a few mission rewards unclaimed.) Of course, the CP is great too.
  • Ryudoz
    Ryudoz Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Options
    At this rate, we will start needing HP from these DDQ to roster all of the covers necessary to fully partake. And unless they constantly update the Burrito with new lineups, than any brand new 4/5* rostered will continue to be ignored two weeks past their release (minus whales).

But yes, this is technically an improvement.
  • Ralph-Wiggum
    Ralph-Wiggum Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I guess this means I need to finally roster all the 2*s. There goes all my HP! icon_cry.gif
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    Based on my understanding, Crash will still be on the current cycle with Deadpool next, and Behemoth Burrito will be on a separate cycle that just so happens to follow the same character order, but starting with Sam Wilson.
    Jaedenkaal wrote:
    @Brigby the theorycrafter in me is really sad that that's a picture and not text.
    I'm sorry, but the reason it was posted as an image, is because it's the most efficient method of getting information from documents to forum. That way the community gets information faster.
    So, the Behemoth Burrito will be "required 2*, required 3*, required 4*" node versus randomized or developer-seeded 2/3/4 teams, or will be it be "Required 2* plus choice of one each 3* and 4*" versus the listed table of opponents in rotation?
    I will double check on this one, but based on my understanding, it will be a team of "required 2*, required 3*, required 4*". The chart in the original post details which specific characters are required for the full team.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2017
    Options
    In the past, nodes with multiple required characters have been playable as long as a player has at least one of the required characters. Is that still true?

For example: tomorrow the behemoth burrito will require 4* AV, 3* strange, and 2* thor. Assuming i only have 2* thor on my roster, can i use him solo, or is the node locked unless i can field all 3 required characters?

As for the change: thanks demi, this is an improvement! Adding daily 4* content to ddq is long overdue, and an extra 730 cp a year is certainly not nothing. But please dont think this solves the rng-only 5* transition. There is more work to be done.

Also, what's up with that list of required teams? Seems like a lot of patch, but no 3* cage? And lots if color overlap too (eg peggy + thor + 2*cap is only 4/ colors with strong match damage).
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vhailorx wrote:
    But please dont think this solves the rng-only 5* transition.

Or the still sloth-like 4* transition.
  • fmftint
    Options
    We've come a LONG way from, you're supposed to make tough roster choices, to you must have everyone, to you must have everyone at a useable level