Updates to Rewards for 7-Day Events (3/1/17)

Options
Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited March 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Hey Everyone,

We'll be updating some of the rewards for 7-Day missions starting with Enemy of the State starting 3/2/2017 at 7:00AM EST. Below are the changes:

Progression Rewards
    o The 5th progression reward is now a Heroic token at all S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels (
changed from a Standard token)
o The 9th progression reward is now an Event token at all S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels (changed from a Heroic token)
o The 18th progression reward is now a featured character cover (changed from an Event token)
    • 2-Star cover for S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels 1 through 4 • 3-Star cover from S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels 5 and 6 • 4-Star character from S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels 7 and 8.

Placement Rewards
    o Tokens in individual placement rewards for events has been doubled (
this does not include Sub-Chapters)

Comments

• Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    4* cover instead of an event token? Nice change.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The way things are looking a lot of us may not be around long enough to care...
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What about command points? Doubled too?
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Had hoped for a 5*. Ah well, another 4* may be baby steps, but at least not a leap in the wrong direction.
  • halirin
    halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    broll wrote:
    The way things are looking a lot of us may not be around long enough to care...

Along with increased prizes for pve, wow! Double good news!
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby wrote:
    Hey Everyone,

We'll be updating some of the rewards for 7-Day missions starting with Enemy of the State starting 3/2/2017 at 7:00AM EST. Below are the changes:

Progression Rewards
      o The 5th progression reward is now a Heroic token at all S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels (
    o The 9th progression reward is now an Event token at all S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels (changed from a Heroic token)
    o The 18th progression reward is now a featured character cover (changed from an Event token)
      • 2-Star cover for S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels 1 through 4 • 3-Star cover from S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels 5 and 6 • 4-Star character from S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels 7 and 8.

Placement Rewards

I'm on board. That extra featured character cover sold me; the rest is gravy.
  • Nepenthe
    Nepenthe Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This is a pretty good change, but what about for Clearance Level 9 or 10?
    icon_e_wink.gif
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,300 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby wrote:
    Hey Everyone,

Progression Rewards

Placement Rewards

Brigby - as the poster of the PVE event threads, let me say Thank You! for how you laid out the changes here. It makes it much easier for me to keep the event threads accurate with the formatting / notes provided.
  • zonatahunt
    zonatahunt Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Brigby,

Just so that my slow mind understands the change, since I play at CL8, I'll be seeing a 4* cover back-to-back? Currently the 17th prize spot is the 4* prize. Will both 4* covers be the same character cover and color?
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    An extra fixed 4* cover makes 7-day events WAY more appealing. Yay!
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Nepenthe wrote:
    This is a pretty good change, but what about for Clearance Level 9 or 10?
    icon_e_wink.gif
    1kll1i.jpg

In all seriousness though, I unfortunately don't have any information pertaining to a potential SCL 9 or 10 and its rewards.
    Brigby - as the poster of the PVE event threads, let me say Thank You! for how you laid out the changes here. It makes it much easier for me to keep the event threads accurate with the formatting / notes provided.
    I'm glad the formatting was helpful! I'd say it was a combined effort between myself and Anthony from Demiurge. icon_e_biggrin.gif
    zonatahunt wrote:
    Brigby,

Just so that my slow mind understands the change, since I play at CL8, I'll be seeing a 4* cover back-to-back? Currently the 17th prize spot is the 4* prize. Will both 4* covers be the same character cover and color?
    Edit: Looks like the Event Preview beat me to the punch. It is the same character as the 17th progression reward, but different colors.

For example, tomorrow's Enemy of the State event would look like this:

SCL 1 - 4
      Progression Reward 17: Steve Rogers (Captain America) Sentinel of Liberty [Yellow] Progression Reward 18: Steve Rogers (Captain America) Star Spangled Avenger [Red]

SCL 5 & 6
      Progression Reward 17: Rocket & Groot (Most Wanted) Blammo! We Got Ya! [Green] Progression Reward 18: Rocket & Groot (Most Wanted) I Got A Plan [Blue]

SCL 7 & 8
      Progression Reward 17: Gwenpool (Gwen Poole) 'SPLOITS! [Purple] Progression Reward 18: Gwenpool (Gwen Poole) Plot Armor [Black]

Edit: Looks like 5 & 6 Progression Rewards changed a bit. Updated it to reflect current reward.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The additional cover is nice, but lots of 4* character covers aren't going to be as valuable today as they were yesterday. Not too many people are going to be championing vaulted 4*s going forward, so a lot of those will just be 1000 ISO.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Shows up as a pink and a black in my game, which is PHENOMENAL. And the 3* cover is different colors, too!

This looks like a stealth change, since I think previously the 3* covers were always the same color.

I super hope that's not a one-off.
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Hey, D3, these changes are great and all, but I really wanted a puppy! Where's my puppy? YOU OWE ME A PUPPY!!!!

Sorry, I've been hanging around these forums too much. Thumbs up to this tweak.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,272 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Great change, why not double the CP reward as well? Its twice as long as a regular event, why not double the CP?

Its not like we'd get more than usual, just the same. Why not?
  • Koffitok
    Koffitok Posts: 87
    Options
    sinnerjfl wrote:
    Great change, why not double the CP reward as well? Its twice as long as a regular event, why not double the CP?

You only get CP in sub rewards, which are already given out every day (and are doubled for 2-day subs). So not different than 3/4 day events.
  • StarScream
    StarScream Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Brigby wrote:

SCL 5 & 6
      Progression Reward 17: Rocket & Groot (Most Wanted) I Am Groot [Yellow] Progression Reward 18: Rocket & Groot (Most Wanted) Blammo! We Got Ya! [Green]

My game is showing that level 6 gets one of each of his three colors.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,272 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Koffitok wrote:
    sinnerjfl wrote:

You only get CP in sub rewards, which are already given out every day (and are doubled for 2-day subs). So not different than 3/4 day events.

Im talking about CP in the progression. You get 5 + 5 + 15 CP, no matter how long the event is.

That doesnt make sense when an event requires 3 days of grinding whereas a 7 day event takes more effort but gives the same 25 CP total.
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Options
    For Enemy of the State progression - 2 wave clears or 4?
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What is the aversion to making gwenpool ' s green a progression reward. The second time she comes around as a progression award in a recent pve and still no green. The second cover is nice as I'll have at least one usable cover now...

# make4starprogressionawardsclassiccharactersonlynow