Balance Suggestions for Countdowns and Buffs

Options
Nonce Equitaur 2
Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
edited September 2015 in MPQ Suggestions and Feedback
I just killed Silver Surfer for the first time. But that's not enough for a post and it's been awhile since I've made a list of suggestions for the game.

COUNTDOWNS:
For these Countdown tiles use a Negative number. In normal usage, they will get +1 each turn. All other countdowns should be Positive numbers, which would get a -1 each turn.
icon_antman.png Small Time Crooks & Ants! Ants! Ants! icon_starlord.png Everyone With Me & Oldest Trick in the Book, icon_mrfantastic.png Imaginaut, icon_deadpool.png Countdown to What
icon_colossus_new.png Immovable Object, icon_lukecage.png Jab, Jab, Cross, icon_mystique.png Shapeshift, icon_squirrelgirl.png Furry Friends, icon_vision.png Density: Heavy & Density: Light

When Sam Wilson's Aerial Avenger or The Hood's Intimidation is used, the above countdowns would get -1, a benefit. Other friendly countdowns would also get -1, also a benefit. More discussion at Lets Talk About Countdown Tiles.

MINOR BUFFS:
Some characters are flawed or slow and don't get used very much. Here are some minor buffs that can be done for some of them.

Antman: Pym Particles 8 purpletile.png -- Small Time Crooks 8 bluetile.png -- Grow 8 purpletile.png or bluetile.png
Elektra: Double-Double Cross 7 purpletile.png -- Create three (or four) enemy strike tiles first. *Then* start stealing.
Invisible Woman: Force Field Crush 10 greentile.png
Star-Lord: Sleight of Hand 9 purpletile.png -- Everyone With Me 6 yellowtile.png -- Oldest Trick in the Book 6 redtile.png

Beast: Medical Marvel 9 yellowtile.png
Black Panther: Defense Grid 6 bluetile.png -- Rage of the Panther: don't give the enemy team 5 AP
Black Widow: Pistol 6 redtile.png -- Single shot. 1x1, 1x2, 2x2, 2x3, 3x3
Bullseye: Deadly Precision 9 greentile.png
Captain America: Sentinel of Liberty 10 yellowtile.png
Colossus: Fastball Special 5+ blacktile.png -- Cost same as invoked power.
Doctor Octopus: Manipulation 9 bluetile.png -- Armed and Dangerous 9 greentile.png
Falcon: Redwing -- Use a bird icon like a force bubble. Covered enemy tile becomes friendly when counter expires.
Human Torch: Inferno 10 blacktile.png -- Remove AP depletion.
Iron Man: -- There are multiple threads devoted to improving this guy.
Loki: Trickery -- If no enemy tiles, create traps.
Psylocke: Psychic Knife -- remove "whenever fewer than 3 exist". Always make that strike tile.
Ragnarok: Thunderclap 6 redtile.png -- Add 2 more bluetile.png tiles.
Rocket & Groot: Blammo! We Got Ya! 9 greentile.png -- I Got A Plan 9 bluetile.png
Sentry: Drop all damage to Allies.
She-Hulk: Settlement 6 bluetile.png - If no enemy tiles, creates a Protect tile for each side.
Spider-Man: Swap with 1* version.
Squirrel Girl: The Bigger They Are 8 yellowtile.png -- Nuts From Above 8 purpletile.png -- Furry Friends 8 greentile.png
Storm: Mistress of the Elements 6 yellowtile.png
The Hood: Twin Pistols - Remove "ends the turn"
The Punisher: Molotov Cocktail 6 blacktile.png -- Judgement 6 greentile.png
Vision: Attack Protocol 9 redtile.png

If some of these changes are tried and they turn out to be too powerful, revert the ones that were too much.

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Starlord yellow , i think should stay put.. the AI would abuse it!!

Not sure how fastball special would work the way you have mentioned... it looks like to get GSBW's sniper rifle off a fastball special would take 20+ Ap? am i correct?

SG, the only change i would make is - yellowflag.png no longer ends turn.

BTW, i love the falcon change to redwing.. a steal after the swoop.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Moved to Suggestions and Feedback.
  • famousfoxking
    famousfoxking Posts: 245 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I just killed Silver Surfer for the first time.

Congratulations!
    COUNTDOWNS:
    For these Countdown tiles use a Negative number.

I'm blushing!
    Beast: Medical Marvel 9 yellowtile.png
    Yes!
    Black Panther: Defense Grid 6 bluetile.png
    Yes!
    -- Rage of the Panther: don't give the enemy team 5 AP
    Oh, no. And I say that as someone who uses BP literally every day.
    Colossus: Fastball Special 5+ blacktile.png -- Cost same as invoked power.
    How would that work? The game doesn't even know what power will be invoked until the character lands. How many blacktile.png do I need to have to cast, before I even pick which character I'm throwing?
    Doctor Octopus: Manipulation 9 bluetile.png -- Armed and Dangerous 9 greentile.png
    Having used Doc Ock to destroy a Carnage I was afraid of in the Gauntlet, I say Yes!
    Falcon: Redwing -- Use a bird icon like a force bubble. Covered enemy tile becomes friendly when counter expires.
    Eeesh. No thank you. Redwing is fine as is. A steal would be.... eeesh.
    Loki: Trickery -- If no enemy tiles, create traps.
    I'd rather it created 1 strike and 1 protect of equal value for each side. Theoretically, it does nothing until/unless you cast again, have another character who addresses specials, or match the opponent's tiles away.
    Sentry: Drop all damage to Allies.
    NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO.
    Spider-Man: Swap with 1* version.
    He's SOOOOOO much fun. PLEASE.