Option to skip tutorial

Options
Sickboy254698
Sickboy254698 Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
It would be really nice if it actually worked. I've had to reinstall the app more than once in the past and every time I have to play the stupid tutorial because the skip option doesn't do anything. As in it doesn't end the tutorial immediately and let me login with my FB account. Is this really to much to ask?

Comments

• Viking Tacos
    Viking Tacos Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I second this.

I had crash issues a couple patches ago and the recommended solution was a reinstall. So i dutifully deleted and reinstalled. Can begin to tell you haw many times I hit the skip tutorial button in the vain hope that the next time it would work.

So here is the suggestion: the first thing one should see after installation is an option screen with two buttons. One button is: Begin a new MPQ account. The other button is: Load existing account from fb/g+

Everyone is happy, happy!
  • Sickboy254698
    Sickboy254698 Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I'm now on the 7th of what appears to be 13 unskippable tutorial missions. Completely ridiculous.
  • this game is walking backward lol, and i thought that new player eventually hit uninstall button instead continue tutorial ing.

in MFF option appear when entered first tutorial map and yes, there's facebook login from that(if im not mistaken old mpq also force us to play some node but not like currently is)
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This! A thousand times, this!

I play on my phone so I don't know if the Android version is different to iOS or Steam, but with the Galactus - Black Panther battle causing the game to constantly crash last night I stupidly decided to try re-installing MPQ. It was infuriating having to sit through 15 or so tutorial matches that took almost 20 minutes (yes, I timed it) before the Options/Menu button would finally work and I was able to log into my account and restore my game.

20 minutes of sitting there being told how to play a game I know only too well how to play, with no way of skipping it or logging into my account until it's complete. And woe if you try shutting down the App before you complete that initial tutorial, because it starts all over again.

Are we seriously expected to believe that your programmers are smart enough to create this game, but they're incapable of programming the option to allow us to log into our account after a fresh installation?
  • Is it possible to add something to skip the tutorial when you re-install the game. It's very annoying to have to replay all the missions.
  • OMG yes, 100 times yes. ONE MILLION TIMES YES.

I'm pretty sure there are at least 20-25 unskippable missions now. I actually got to put in my Facebook ID halfway through due to some glitch and LOST MY ACCOUNT IN A HORRIFYING OVERWRITE.

Seriously - how hard is this:

"Is this your first time playing MPQ?"

"Yes..." proceed to tutorial.
    "No..." load from Facebook.

How hard is that?
  • I'm in the process of testing out two tablets to see which one I want to keep. Having relatively recently gotten into this game, I figured testing it out on both would be a good idea. That of course led me to search if there was a way to bypass the tutorial ... and unfortunately, to this thread.

I have to agree with the posters here. The lack of this option is puzzling, especially give how long the game has been out and how many updates have been released. If updating this would take too much time, at least unlock the settings button so we have the ability to sync after the first few battles.

This is seriously painful.
  • markucsb
    markucsb Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Just FYI... I was in the same boat, but after the second mission I got a 1 star cover and it prompted me to share it on Facebook. I linked it with my account and it asked me if I wanted to overwrite my current progress and load my account and I said yes and I was back in business.

So while yes, there really should be an option to skip the tutorial, for now you can get an early save by winning a 1 star cover and sharing it.
  • bi0h4z4rd84
    Options
    I am trying to fix my MPQ right now and doing these stupid tutorials inbetween is just a waste of time!!!!!

Allow the user to actually be able to press the GEARS icon up in the top left so that we can login! My MPQ wont let me get thru the tutorial
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It's Christmas. 3 new devices... (new phone, new tablet for at work, new tablet for at home). Installing MPQ on all 3... the tutorials have sucked over an hour out of my life. Since I started playing MPQ ~2yrs ago, this is my 4th phone, and 3rd/4th tablets, so ... 8 total devices. 2 of the phones I toyed around with other modded OS's (like Cyanogen and such) meaning I had to re-install MPQ on them multiple times. Conservatively, I've installed MPQ a dozen times.

12 installs x 30 minutes per unskippable tutorial == at least 6hrs of my life I'll never get back.

PLEASE GET A SKIP TUTORIAL BUTTON THAT IS ACCESSIBLE FROM THE ACTUAL TUTORIAL. (the gear button is locked out during the tutorial)

Alternatively, have a "New player" or "load saved game from FB/G+" option at the start of the game as others have suggested.

I mean seriously, at over 2years, what is the ratio of new installs that are actually new players vs installs of existing players getting new devices? Why make your loyal player base suffer so much? Are the devs that really that sadistic?**

** as a developer myself, the answer is "probably" icon_e_smile.gif
  • bump bump.

I have wasted so much time replaying tutorials. Please make this a priority.

Can someone make an official statement?
  • spccrain
    spccrain Posts: 249
    Options
    I just had to deal with this again today and was thinking the same thing. It would be an easy fix. Just make the settings button click able immediately so people can log in with fb
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    raistlin wrote:
    I'm in the process of testing out two tablets to see which one I want to keep. Having relatively recently gotten into this game, I figured testing it out on both would be a good idea. That of course led me to search if there was a way to bypass the tutorial ... and unfortunately, to this thread.

I have to agree with the posters here. The lack of this option is puzzling, especially give how long the game has been out and how many updates have been released. If updating this would take too much time, at least unlock the settings button so we have the ability to sync after the first few battles.

This is seriously painful.

Just quoting as I love Dragons Of Autumn Twilight, et al and that is my favourite character.

As somebody who is prone to rage quitting and uninstalling the app I fully and whole heartedly endorse this. To have to sit and be forced through at least a dozen tutorial missions is almost enough to make me rage quit all over again.
  • Being forced to play the tutorial would be less obnoxious if it didn't assume that you were a total idiot. Does the game really need to show me how to match 3 after 5 or 6 tutorial matches?
  • Gurm wrote:
    OMG yes, 100 times yes. ONE MILLION TIMES YES.

I'm pretty sure there are at least 20-25 unskippable missions now. I actually got to put in my Facebook ID halfway through due to some glitch and LOST MY ACCOUNT IN A HORRIFYING OVERWRITE.

Seriously - how hard is this:

"Is this your first time playing MPQ?"

"Yes..." proceed to tutorial.
    "No..." load from Facebook.

How hard is that?

Agree. Please help us to like your game, D3. This isn't too much to ask.
  • Can we get an official response?

I am replaying the tutorial AGAIN!

Even if the response is, "Sorry we simply do not value your time to implement a minor feature to save you 30-40 mins each time you install the game.
  • As a way to bump up this issue. If you replay the tutorial. Please make a post on this thread.
  • rixu78
    rixu78 Posts: 8
    Options
    Oh god, just changed to new phone and THIS IS STILL NOT FIXED!

Man I hate going through these annoying tutorial missions. Even if I WAS playing for the first time I would be annoyed since these tutorials are truly for 5-year-olds. Actually, I think even my 4-years old son would be frustrated with this **** icon_e_biggrin.gif

So please, SKIP-button or possibility to link the account when starting the game.
  • I sent the below email to support a couple days ago:

Hi Support,

How is it possible that you do not provide your long time users an immediate option to skip the tutorial?

It can not be hard to implement this option. I am not a developer, and I do not know how to code, but I do not believe it can be hard in any way to make the first screen upon installing the game show two simple buttons:

1. New Player

2. Load Saved Game

I refuse to believe you have a single developer on staff who has NOT installed the game on a new device and had to load their saved game.

If they know how to bypass that effing tutorial and aren't sharing the secret with your long-time players... well, eff you man. This is like the fifth or sixth time I had to go through this since I've started playing (my favorite game for over two years btw). You keep updating the game and you've even updated the tutorial (I think in the last couple days even), and you continue insist we sit through this 20 minute insult.

You make us play mission after stupid Lvl 1 mission, showing us over and over and over (and over and over and over and over) how to make a 3 or 4 color match.

After the first 4 or 5 stupid missions, you tease us by putting the settings button up in the corner. The option to log in is right behind that settings button. But can we get to it? "Hahahahahahahahaha. Not yet, sucker...."

Seriously... eff you guys for ignoring this.

Go check out your MPQ Suggestion and Feedback Forum.
    viewtopic.php?f=8&t=32799

The most views of any thread on P1 is 280.

The thread titled: Option to skip tutorial has 1084.

Does no one at the company read your forum? If you don't, shame on you. If you do, what the eff?

Seriously, why?

Received the following reply a day later:

Greetings D3 Go! Customer,
    Thank you for contacting D3 Go! Customer Support.
    We are truly sorry for any inconvenience that has been caused to you, and are thankful for the feedback you have submitted.
    We take our customer's feedback very seriously and we will certainly discuss it with the rest of the team and take it into consideration.
    If you would like to submit further feedback on the subject, as well as stay up to date on current and future information, please visit the forums:
    http://d3go.com/forums/
    I have personally added your feedback to our database. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us again.
    Best Regards,
    D3 Go! Customer Support Team (TJM)

So nice they suggest I visit the forums to stay up to date.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I also want the ability to skip the tutorial.

My phone was crashing, so I had to do a system reset, and then when I downloaded mpq, here I am a few days behind on my progress with very limited team to catch up on all my nodes, and it's making me waste 30 minutes teaching me how to play the game!! I've been playing for over 500 days! I think I know how to play this game!! I've got work to do!!

It completely drove me nuts. Please make it entirely optional, and you can opt out at any time. This should be an incredibly easy change for you to do.