Replace critical boost "rewards" with ANYTHING else

Options
I know I'm not the only one who is sick of these. There is nothing worse than going through a difficult fight only to get these useless rewards. They only work in match 5 situations which don't happen often and only a few chrcters have match 5 powers. Here are some suggestions to replace them.

1. Replace with random color or match boosts which are actually useful.
2. Random or set iso 8 amounts from 70-250.
3. Replace with standard or heroic token.
4. Anything else is better. ANYTHING.

I don't think its asking too much. Thanks.

Comments

• I agree with all the items, especially the 4th. 20 Iso is better.
  • jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    Options
    While they aren't the most useful... I will say that the improvements to match damage and the addition of the 5*'s have given them some use. I did 10,500 damage on a match-3 with 2 blacks and a critical with OML (was also using the damage boosts for black/green and for all matches)
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jobob wrote:
    While they aren't the most useful... I will say that the improvements to match damage and the addition of the 5*'s have given them some use. I did 10,500 damage on a match-3 with 2 blacks and a critical with OML (was also using the damage boosts for black/green and for all matches)
    That doesn't mean they need to be all over the PvE node rewards. Have them drop after battles like every other boost. That's where they belong. Not in PvE nodes.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I thought it was really strange they replaced one part of the request (we all hate 20 iso) and ignored the other part (we all hate critical boosts). These need to go. I doubt I've used my stack of them when I originally picked them up as a newbie.

If we could -sell- boosts for ISO, that would be a different matter.
  • jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    jobob wrote:
    That doesn't mean they need to be all over the PvE node rewards. Have them drop after battles like every other boost. That's where they belong. Not in PvE nodes.
    Ah, gotcha. I guess I misread the intent of the post... I thought it was a problem because they aren't useful. I get the point now.
  • AdamMagus
    AdamMagus Posts: 363 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Not just critical boost, I would like to see the server read what S.H.I.E.L.D. Resupply day # you're on and globally replace standard tokens in PvE nodes with Heroic Tokens

So if your resupply day # <150 your nodes would contain standard tokens, >150 heroic tokens.

100-250 iso8 is OK, but 250+ iso8 is better, what am saying is I need more ISO8!!
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Options
    You can count me among those who don't like Critical Boosts. I'll equip them in battles where I have certain victory (like facing minions in their 30s) just to be rid of them. 70 ISO--any ISO--is better than Critical Boosts as a reward.
  • stewbacca
    stewbacca Posts: 82 Match Maker
    Options
    I registered for this forum just to post this exact same thing. If not iso or token, than the 20% all match token at least. You actually use those
  • FadeToOne
    FadeToOne Posts: 25
    Options
    Kill the critical boosts with fire! I NEVER use them.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't like them either and only use them very rarely with winfinite, but that isn't really the point. the point is why is that single boost literally in every. single. node. either set it to give one of each of the various boosts throughout the sub's nodes or even just let rng decide - they love rng and this makes such little sense...rng is preferred by the playerbase here. that's pretty telling.
  • ojcAust
    ojcAust Posts: 140
    Options
    Agree with OP. In fact I do not care what they are replaced with, but maybe just have one as a reward on the initial stage. Other than that ISO please to try and break the drought.
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Critical boosts take on an entertaining element when you get a leveled 5*. But I still agree that these boosts should drop after matches and not be part of the list of prizes for pve nodes.