Replace LT Progression Rewards with 25 CP[Merged Topic]

Options
woopie
woopie Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
edited February 2016 in MPQ Suggestions and Feedback
Malcrof suggested that I add this to the suggestion forum.

With the shift from HP to CP for covers, why not replace the Legendary Token in progressions (PvE last reward, PvP 1300 reward) with the equivalent 25 CP? Doing so would allow more of the currency to flow into the game and give people the ability to choose how to redeem their hard earned CP. It also encourages extended play sessions (to reach the last progression in PvE) and leveling their roster (to reach the 1300 progression). Seems like a win win situation to me!

Merged all 3 threads into 1

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This would solve a few problems.. a HUGE boost in CP income for buying covers, and those who are not happy with Legendaries can use the CP elsewhere, or buy a 20cp token and have some spare to save.
  • Quick Fire
    Quick Fire Posts: 67 Match Maker
    Options
    woopie wrote:
    Malcrof suggested that I add this to the suggestion forum.

With the shift from HP to CP for covers, why not replace the Legendary Token in progressions (PvE last reward, PvP 1300 reward) with the equivalent 25 CP? Doing so would allow more of the currency to flow into the game and give people the ability to choose how to redeem their hard earned CP. It also encourages extended play sessions (to reach the last progression in PvE) and leveling their roster (to reach the 1300 progression). Seems like a win win situation to me!

Saw this in the announcement thread and voted it up there. Came over to suggestions just to vote it up again
  • Strongly agree.

However, why not go one better and split it up a little? Have 5 CP at a lower threshold and give the other 20 CP at the top threshold where it currently is. Give casual players something.
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Grantosium wrote:
    Strongly agree.

However, why not go one better and split it up a little? Have 5 CP at a lower threshold and give the other 20 CP at the top threshold where it currently is. Give casual players something.
    I think that's a great idea. Maybe the 850 or 950 progression 1000 ISO reward could be replaced with 5 CP... and then put a large ISO reward in like the 1150 point area (maybe 2000 ISO?) That gives the 1300-hitting players additional CP and ISO, along with giving people another progression to hit on the way to 1300.
  • Dimh
    Dimh Posts: 50 Match Maker
    Options
    Thumbs up! Made this suggestion back in November icon_e_biggrin.gif

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=35038
  • Dimh wrote:
    Thumbs up! Made this suggestion back in November icon_e_biggrin.gif

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=35038

Let the records show that the player who idolises Dan was right all along!

Still, I think the new thread is justified as a lot has changed since November.
  • woopie
    woopie Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Grantosium wrote:
    Strongly agree.

I think that's a great idea. Maybe the 850 or 950 progression 1000 ISO reward could be replaced with 5 CP... and then put a large ISO reward in like the 1150 point area (maybe 2000 ISO?) That gives the 1300-hitting players additional CP and ISO, along with giving people another progression to hit on the way to 1300.

Didn't we have a PvP not too long ago (maybe last off season?) that had a 1150 prize? Maybe I'm just hallucinating from all the caltrops...
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think it was a special event (naughty or nice maybe?), and the slotted in event tokens at new places in the progression.
  • jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    Options
    GREAT Idea. Just do away with legendaries altogether, replace with 25CP.
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    Options
    I think it was a special event (naughty or nice maybe?), and the slotted in event tokens at new places in the progression.
    Oh that's right -- Naughty or Nice did have 5 CP at the 1150 mark. Just bring that back, and make the 1300 mark 20 CP and everyone is happy. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Oh that's right -- Naughty or Nice did have 5 CP at the 1150 mark. Just bring that back, and make the 1300 mark 20 CP and everyone is happy. icon_e_smile.gif

I don't see anything wrong with just 5 and 25. That means every PvP you get either 1 1/5 Legends, or 1 1/2 Classic Legends.
  • ScrawL
    ScrawL Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I think everyone agrees. This should be implemented asap.
  • Arondite wrote:

I don't see anything wrong with just 5 and 25. That means every PvP you get either 1 1/5 Legends, or 1 1/2 Classic Legends.

Woah, woah, woah. Baby steps.

Would be nice to get more stuff, but that's quite some inflation for the economy to swallow. Changing from an LT to 25CP is already cheapening LTs slightly by allowing people to choose 1 1/5 Classic Legends from progression. Splitting to 5 and 20 is going further by assisting total CP flow to the market, specifically to semi-casual players (in my opinion the right thing to do as there's a massive divide in this game between casual and hardcore players and little incentive to be semi-casual). Increasing the total winnable CP to 30 should probably happen eventually, but it's a bit soon to ask for that level of inflation, I think.
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Ok, so we now have two different kinds of Legendary Tokens. One can be earned via MANY different avenues of play: 4DDQ, PvE Progression, PvP Progression, Season rewards, DDQ Vault, Championing. The other can be earned thru exactly ONE avenue: 20 Command Points. This, quite simply SUCKS. Surfer is my closest to usable 5* character, and I now have almost ZERO chance of finishing him since gathering 20 CP is an almost month long process...all for a slot pull that guarantees me nothing.

How about instead of handing out the Legendary Tokens as prizes, just transform them all into 25 Command Point prizes? Give us the choice of what token to buy, and let the players progress how they want to progress! It still keeps the maddening and completely random progression you folks are so fond of forcing on us, but without the added penalty inherent in not being lucky enough to finish a character before they rotate out of the current token scheme. Throw us a freakin bone here folks, we've put up with a LOT of bad decisions, make another player friendly one! icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Koffitok
    Options
    CP can be earned in PVE placement, PVP placement, championing, Season rewards, Daily rewards, vicariously through purchases, and sometimes in vaults...

That said, I think some of the Legendaries could be replaced with CP as well. It's more versatile.
  • Failbot
    Failbot Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I'd love this since I'm still in the 4* transition, but the chance at finding a 5*, any 5* is a bonus. However, since leveling uses CP they'll likely think it an unfeasible idea as people can just gather tons on CP that way instead of spending $100
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've mentioned it before but after grumpy mentioned it again over in GD, I thought I'd post it here. please replace the PVP and PVE progression LTs with 25 cp (pvp could even be broken up into the 1100, 1200, and/or 1300 pt locations). then we have a choice in classic and latest tokens or any other cp use (cover upgrade if you wanted). I'd be ok with changing all LT locations (ddq, vaults, etc), but really, the main ones are the PVP and PVE progressions. the upcoming cycling out of OML and then 5jean means that most of what the players want won't be in the tokens we're getting. sure starting on spidey is great, but getting that 6th or 7th on SS or OML would be much more beneficial to us. thanks.

oh, and we need more iso - lots of ways to do it. any would help. please consider.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    merged it all!

2 identical ones.

We all love the idea.. maybe should merge it all into a superthread?
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    sry mal - didn't scroll down enough. superthread would be great if that would mean more likelihood of attention to it by those that matter. didn't mean to make another dupe thread of the same thing. merge/super it as needed.
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=38437

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=38013

2 identical ones.

We all love the idea.. maybe should merge it all into a superthread?
    How about a new, updated, stickied Suggestions Index of Hot Topics? The current one is sorely out of date and doesn't tackle any of the actual hot topics that people frequently post about now... e.g., more Command Points, more ISO, revamping of node awards (a.k.a. get rid of 20 ISO), 4* PVP, selling selected earned covers (all 1*s, 2*s, etc.), new ways to get 5*s instead of just RNGesus.