FIX YOUR VAULTS

Options
OnesOwnGrief
OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
Dear D3, you seriously need to think about how you handle vaults and your reward structure. If you're going to run vaults for every PvE outside of new character releases then you need to deal with the final sub rewards. What is the point of rewarding event tokens if your vault is going to get reset after the event ends?

I bring this up as well since your reward for participating in the Enemy Of The State PvE are also event tokens that will be rewarded AFTER the event ends. So you're gonna give me 3 tokens for a vault that would expire beforehand? 3 Tokens that will each pull 1/80 from a different vault per pull? Yeah, no. Fix this.

Comments

• jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    and put more good stuff in them. especially the taco vaults.
  • TheOncomingStorm
    TheOncomingStorm Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    A little voice initially told me to ignore this post. My big voice said you gotta upvote it.

The little voice never wins.:p
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Dear D3, you seriously need to think about how you handle vaults and your reward structure. If you're going to run vaults for every PvE outside of new character releases then you need to deal with the final sub rewards. What is the point of rewarding event tokens if your vault is going to get reset after the event ends?

I bring this up as well since your reward for participating in the Enemy Of The State PvE are also event tokens that will be rewarded AFTER the event ends. So you're gonna give me 3 tokens for a vault that would expire beforehand? 3 Tokens that will each pull 1/80 from a different vault per pull? Yeah, no. Fix this.

And it's not like it would even be THAT difficult to fix. Just have the vault expire a few hours after the last final sub ends. That should give enough time for the people that play that slice to receive and cash in those tokens if they want to (because most people choosing the 1AM(CST) slice is probably awake at that time to get the rewards).
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

And it's not like it would even be THAT difficult to fix. Just have the vault expire a few hours after the last final sub ends. That should give enough time for the people that play that slice to receive and cash in those tokens if they want to (because most people choosing the 1AM(CST) slice is probably awake at that time to get the rewards).

It's not just them that have the issue but alliance rewards also go out at this time. It affects everyone regardless of which slice they pick.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Also please add Iso, HP and CP rewards. The likelihood of a 2* is simply way too great right now.
  • Actually I have a slightly different take on this issue. Hear me out on this. Why keep making new vaults for ddq every 3 days and what maybe 3 per month on non new characters. Why not eliminate these 13 different vaults a month and make them only 3 vaults. One is for event tokens only and not a single hero coin can be used to purchase any thing from that vault. Not even a reset option and you can offer a prize for every coin that a first place person and first place alliance would win only. And since then rewarded coins drop off from their. It would stop all these this and that is unfair due to this or that and they could only have them self to blame due to either lack of effort.
    The dpdq vaults make over is this the hero coin purchase is still allowed how ever with a small 25% increase in HP cost's and they swap out every 14 days. This allows us players to save up tacos if my math is right it could average out to 17 free covers per rotation. And if done right you can use the vaults as a way to either preview the current vaults daily required character line up. Or the next rotation's line up. This is the whole reason for the 25% increase in HP cost's it's a way of paying for the information.
    Now as far as the drop rates being increased my thought on that is drop the offered covers down to 2 of each character and drop the rest of the prizes down the same percentage of the covers lost.

Use the total percentage of the lost 2*s as the base of the prize reductions of coins ISO health packs and so forth and this would fix the drop rates that everyone seems to be harping on. You know the revs could just shut down the free covers all together if they felt like it. At least keep that in mind my fellow posters.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'd be happy if the PVE vaults had more varied prizes in them, not just covers and an LT. The "pilot program" PVE vaults had HP prizes in them, amongst other things, and it really made it worthwhile buying the daily deal at 100 HP for a chance to get 250 or even 1000 HP.

This is more of a general complaint, but I think HP prizes are getting rarer than they used to be. I know I'll get plenty of "HP's worthless now, CP's where it's at" replies, but I still need a steady stream of HP for new roster slots - at least 1000 every couple of weeks, just to keep up with the rate of new character releases. Getting lucky with vault token pulls has been the only way that I've kept up so far, as the HP rewards for event finishes are so pitiful. Top 20 in Enemy of the State requires major time investment over a 7-day period, and all we get is 100 HP? (Yes, covers and ISO too, but I'm concentrating on HP here.)
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Options
    All they need to is shut down the ability to purchase from the vault after the event is over and only allow any existing tokens to be drawn from it.
  • moogles85
    moogles85 Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    Options
    What is the point of rewarding event tokens if your vault is going to get reset after the event ends?

D3 wants you to start hoarding your tokens for the next time the event runs again in a couple months!
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    moogles85 wrote:
    What is the point of rewarding event tokens if your vault is going to get reset after the event ends?

D3 wants you to start hoarding your tokens for the next time the event runs again in a couple months!
    Unless that next time the particular event comes around coincides with a New Character Release, then it becomes a regular token draw pool and you have no vault to pull from... will they carry over to be used in that event? Or will they not be applicable because they don't want any additional free pulls for the shot at the new character?
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    madsalad wrote:
    All they need to is shut down the ability to purchase from the vault after the event is over and only allow any existing tokens to be drawn from it.
    Either this, or allow a 24-hour grace period after Slice 5 ends for the vault. That should be plenty of time for people to cash in their earned tokens. But, really, I would be happy with either solution -- basically whatever is easier for them to code.

I've added this to the Suggestions Index of Hot Topics.
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    madsalad wrote:

This is exactly what I was going to say. There's no reason for a vault reset when the event ends. They remove the purchase option on regular token events when they end - why not vaults?