Communicate changes to end-game content well in advance

PeterGibbons316
PeterGibbons316 Posts: 1,063
The 5* transition is a very long one, and consequently players plan for it in the long-term - I even made a thread on the topic 6 months ago...... And so as a result D3 has created a system where hoarding provides certain benefits over opening all rewards immediately - especially when it comes to end-game content. This is why any changes to end-game content that could impact the plans players have been making for months at a time need to be communicated before they go live, so that players have a chance to decide on how the change might affect their planning, and potentially modify their plan before those changes take hold.

I was one of many burned by the recent increase in draw rates and after a discussion with customer support have decided to stop supporting D3. They just don't care about me, and haven't earned my support. I feel like they encouraged me to spend money before a change went live, and then refused to do anything to acknowledge or address my concerns. I checked my Google Wallet and in less than 600 days I've bought over 2 dozen Starks. I know I'm no mega-whale, but apparently D3 is OK with losing my revenue stream over what is in my opinion their own terrible communication.

I saw hints of this during the last sale when they got everyone to spend on HP (myself included), and then drastically de-valued HP by not allowing HP to be used to directly purchase covers. There was enough uproar that they listened and gave everyone more time to deal with their long-term plans. Apparently they learned nothing, and CS isn't willing to do anything to help either. So I'm going to spend my money with more honest, customer focused companies from now on. And I won't be updating my DDQ4 guide anymore. I hate to do that to the players that it helps, but D3 isn't getting any more of my time or money without showing that they value me as a customer.

-Fightmaster

Comments

• Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Yeah, it doesn't seem like they learned anything from the HP change, which is discouraging.

It's not exactly the same issue, the HP change was unequivocally negative, while the long-term effects of this one are positive, but the lack of communication is still a problem.
  • MathiasTCK
    MathiasTCK Posts: 65 Match Maker
    Yah it's an Old Man Logan's game now. They had communicated that odds of OML were going down. Instead they went up.