Suggestions Index of Hot topics (updated: Oct. 27th)

Options
Last updated: Oct. 27th, 2014 (deleted ones that actually got added)

Given the high repetition of specific suggestions, as well as the various suggestions on the same topic, I thought I would provide a directory listing by topic (starting with recent topics / threads and going back into history as time permits). Feel free to reply to this topic (or PM me) if you think a topic should be included - I'm trying to be objective, but still using subjective criteria to find topics. So while I don't always agree with the suggestions or thoughts in these topics, I want others to call me out if I'm failing to be completely objective.

Hopefully this will direct people towards what others have already suggested on the same topic so dialogue can happen in one place - creative brainstorming and such.

New Features
Alliances
PVP
PVE
Characters

Comments

• JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I was thinking about this yesterday, but didn't find the time to make one. Thanks for this. I'm sure it will help a lot.
  • Suggestion : Find a way for more people to read and comment in the suggestions and feedback forum. I see many good ideas here with barely any traffic.

Index seems like a fantastic first step towards this, thanks Riggy
  • Suggestion: Don't do server side updates on the last 30 minutes of a pve sub and pvp tournament. Wait until they are over, announce the change, have an hour without events, then start back up. We will all be here once you are done. Today I lost thousands of points in PVE (not displaying in UI, no idea if they were tracked accurately on the backend) and all the points from LR that came from seed teams (an old bug this one...) So just take a chill pill and have a gap or do updates at midnight.
  • erakbgg
    erakbgg Posts: 62 Match Maker
    Options
    Is there a PVP tournament suggestion thread? I don't want to create any redundant posts.
  • erakbgg wrote:
    Is there a PVP tournament suggestion thread? I don't want to create any redundant posts.
    My suggestion would be to use the search feature for some of your keywords and see if anyone else has posted on it. There have generally been a number of threads on MMR, shields, losing points on defense, etc. Just have to do a little digging.

Worst case scenario, you make a new topic, and it either gets merged or locked (with a link to an existing thread) - no big deal, and don't take it personally. We're doing our best to get the thread count under control and keep things organized. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Suggestion: Add better keyboard support for browsing nodes and for general purposes. Example: Left and right arrow keys to change nodes, up and down arrow keys to activate and deactivate nodes, "enter" to go into a fight.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Thanks for the update riggy, now one day later I fear there needs to be a whole new update just on team-ups. Sorry icon_e_wink.gif
  • Was trying to control my new character intake (new characters are sitting in my roster queue while I'm trying to save up enough hp to open new roster slots).

Tonight I got the 100 hp that I needed so I opened up the spot right away and as I was trying to decide which character to bring in, my alliance reward kicks in and I get a Beast token automatically drafted. I think it's not very useful to have the game autodraft heroes into your empty slots. Please at least have a toggle for this so that the user can decide.
  • Also think it would be nice if we could speed up or toggle the speed of "in game auto mechanics" (patch heal, daken heal, annoucement that you are using 2 of this kind of boost and 2 of another kind)
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Surely there's at least one thread that mentions moderators that's gone green?

This particular forum is currently choked with spam.

(Why do they bother? Is anyone ever going to buy something or click on a link in one of these badly formatted gobshite posts?)
  • Moon Roach wrote:
    (Why do they bother? Is anyone ever going to buy something or click on a link in one of these badly formatted tinykitty posts?)
    B/c the bots from Bing and Google pick up the activity around the URLs they're spamming and get placed higher with those weighted search terms, thereby improving their ordering in search placement.

Working now on finding the time to update the index.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Options
    Riggy wrote:
    Given the high repetition of specific suggestions, as well as the various suggestions on the same topic, I thought I would provide a directory listing by topic (starting with recent topics / threads and going back into history as time permits). Feel free to reply to this topic (or PM me) if you think a topic should be included - I'm trying to be objective, but still using subjective criteria to find topics. So while I don't always agree with the suggestions or thoughts in these topics, I want others to call me out if I'm failing to be completely objective.

Hopefully this will direct people towards what others have already suggested on the same topic so dialogue can happen in one place - creative brainstorming and such.

Thanks, Riggy. This is definitely a helpful index for us to keep an eye on.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've started indexing suggestions for existing characters at the Character Engineering thread.
  • Am I the only one that wants better shield simulator rewards? Or at least tokens instead of useless 1 star covers. I want to play it but it just seems like a waste of time.
  • Wolarsen
    Wolarsen Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    For both PvE (long events with subnodes) and PvP (season), make the 1-2 lowest score subnode/PvP event NOT count to overall score. Would greatly relief burnout.
  • driverjoe27
    driverjoe27 Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Options
    How can I get ahold of an admin to get a problem fixed quickly, or even post that problem in the general forum.

This is rather frustrating to sign up and not be able to PM or post....
  • I think you are missing a new player section. That is ways to improve the game for new players. You need to draw in new players if you want to keep the game flowing and they start at such a disadvantage that some of them turn away. The game has been going a year, it is time to see what you can do to draw and retain new players.

Suggestion: Slots– Let them by the first few cover slots with Iso. They need some more breathing room for making recruitment mistakes or spending their precious Hero coins on anything other than slots. I am up to 41 slots, people will still invest in the game to get slots.

Suggestion: Hints and tips – provide some hints and tips that come up during loading screens that may give them some helpful information.

Suggestion: Covers – let them choose which of the 1 star heros they want to start and have the tutorial give them all 3 color covers for their starting hero as rewards during the tutorial. It will help them advance and understand the power options better. It also adds the benefit of choice.

Add 1 star covers – To give the players the starting choice add a couple 1 star heroes to the list. My suggestion would be spiderman and wolverine as they are iconic heroes that people want. Give the 1 star venom a 3rd color like you did Daken to make the villain option more appealing for starting players. You could also give Juggernaut a 3rd cover for the same reason. This would add a degree of balance should the player wish to play villians.
  • I think that you can create topics as a member?
  • Suggestion: Eliminate the blacktile.pngbluetile.pnggreentile.pngpurpletile.pngredtile.pngyellowtile.pngtutile.png cap (AP ceiling). I don't know if it varies by color (colour), but I fairly earned 42AP and it capped at 30. If there are certain powers that have ridiculous effects if you are crazy enough to even try to stockpile that much AP--and actually pull it off--you deserve that AP. I'm upset for being prohibited of double-tapping Bulleye's Murderous Aim for 4 crits+8,200dmg by an AP cap. What's the point of the secondary ability of M-A if you can't contain enough AP to create the first 2 crits and then the necessary 4? If I can pull that off with Bulleye I deserve to win and no one say otherwise, darn you.

I have yet to create an extra move out of critical tiles, and by golly I deserve to.

**After discussing the potential consequences of unlimited AP cap (and the possibilities for infinite loop) the AP limit still needs to be raised so that you can do double whatever move has the highest AP cost is at least once.
  • Beamcore
    Options
    I very much enjoy playing this game as I've spent many hours on it, however there are a few ideas I have which I think could spice up the gameplay a bit and make it more enjoyable:

Firstly, players are currently unable to choose the heroes that fight for them when they are being attacked. I think players should be able to choose the heroes they want in their defensive line as it gives all players a fair chance.

Another feature which I think should be added is real-time PvP. Currently, players can go the standard "arena" and take part in normal battles where the computer is in control of the team. I think it would be a good idea to introduce another option which allows people to search for suitable opponents based on the level of their team and they would be able to battle it out in real-time.

This next feature is fairly ambitious but it may still be a good addition. When players get covers as rewards they are either sent straight to their roster if there is space or an area where they will be waiting to be recruited or sold. If players had spare covers, they should be able to store them in a "box" which can only hold so many heroes. This box can also be upgraded to store more heroes. This next stage is where the ambition comes in. I think that players should be able to request trades of covers they don't want by storing them in the box and using them as trade materials. I also think that not only covers should be traded, but also Iso-8 and hero points.

I would like to hear peoples opinions of these updates and I hope that some of them can be applied to the game in the near future.