From the Ashes Not Triggering [Fixed]

Options
spghttihead
spghttihead Posts: 74 Match Maker
I've had this happen multiple times now (not consecutively). She goes down and there are free red tiles available, but no countdown appears and she's done for.

Comments

• bigsmooth
    bigsmooth Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Was she downed by damage from a passive ability? I believe the game does not allow passives to trigger each other, in order to avoid infinite loops.
  • gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Options
    If Thanos' purple is active, it won't trigger either.
  • hesjingixen
    hesjingixen Posts: 215 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I've had this happen multiple times today, each time from a Chemical Reaction. My guess is that it has something to do with an interaction between it turning red strike tiles normal and Ashes looking for a red tile.
  • hesjingixen
    hesjingixen Posts: 215 Tile Toppler
    edited January 2017
    Options
    This has continued happening over the last few days, and not always linked to Chemical Reaction.
  • xidragonxi
    xidragonxi Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Just happened to me, too. Phoenix was stunned on the same turn, then downed by match damage. Screenshot attached. The CD tile is a blue captain America team up, the one that stunned her. Plenty of red tiles available. pKiJzkP.png?1
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just encountered the same bug. my Phx was down by Thanos black passive, and the From the ashes countdown didn't get activated.
  • Talus9952
    Talus9952 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Options
    It's the bug that keeps on returning. Phoenix From The Ashes is not triggering while stunned(recurring bug), and not triggering when killed by friendly Thanos Court Death.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It just happened to me again. It was in DareDevil (DD) PvP. When it happened she was stunned, it was AI's turn, then DD matched his own trap and PH was still in front. She received the damage from DD trap and even though there were plenty of free red tiles she did not come back.

Is a trap's damage considerered a passive or was it because she was stunned? Either way she should have come back!
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bigsmooth wrote:
    Was she downed by damage from a passive ability? I believe the game does not allow passives to trigger each other, in order to avoid infinite loops.

Man, I remember in the old days when that happened. Play a match with 2* Storm on each side and trigger one of them's raging tempest. It would go back and forth until one of them was down. Good times icon_lol.gif
  • EstherC
    EstherC Posts: 90 Match Maker
    Options
    Bumping this up as it's not fixed. Experienced this a lot with the last pve where mystiques purple will stun Phoenix . She's killed and the ashes countdown tile never resurfaced even though plenty around.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It does not trigger if another ability fires. For instance, Phoenix vs. Phoenix (should also work with PX), if Phoenix is downed by a match 5, Psychic Rapport firing will prevent From the Ashes from triggering
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    dkffiv wrote:
    It does not trigger if another ability fires. For instance, Phoenix vs. Phoenix (should also work with PX), if Phoenix is downed by a match 5, Psychic Rapport firing will prevent From the Ashes from triggering

Yeah that happened to me too the other day in PvP, so yeah, it can happen even when she is not stunned. And I lost the match because of this, really really annoying!

Also the other day, BW black passive didn't trigger after 1 Venom stunned one of my chars (or maybe stunned one of my already downed oponents? Just Venom was alive at that moment...)

5 char passives are really broken, PH, Spidey and now BW this is should be fixed ASAP!