Loaner being put in PVP

Options
lukewin
lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
On Android 4.0.3 with an Acer A500. I have 2 Gamora's. 140 3/5/5 and 120 2/5/5. When I try to put in the 120, the game puts in the loaner. The first time, I thought I accidentally chose the loaner. The 2nd time, I went in with Patch and KK and they were tanking, which caused Patch to take hits Gamora should've. I retreated after Patch went down. Since then, I have chosen the 120 (210 boosted) and when I get to the team up screen, I check Gamora's stats and she is level 70, meaning the loaner is being put in. When I choose the loaner, the loaner goes in. When I choose the 140 (245 boosted), it goes in. When I choose the 120, the loaner goes in.

Comments

• lukewin
    Options
    Same problem with Storm PvP. I have a 140 (boosted to 245) 5/3/5 Storm and a 40 (boosted to 70) 5/3/5 Storm. Trying to put in the lower level Storm and the loaner is put in instead. I know this because the abilities descriptions and damage match up with the loaner and not my dupe.
  • lukewin
    Options
    In the Loki Lightning Round, I'm able to put in my dupe Loki, who has a different build, because I haven't pulled the last 2 greens. I tried the Magneto Lightning Round and still had the same problems as I did in the Gamora and Storm PVP. I don't have a dupe of Ragnarok or Mystique, but I will try my Doom when his Lightning Round pops up again.
  • lukewin
    Options
    I'm able to put my lvl 70 5/4/4 Loki dupe in Loki's PVP. My main is lvl 140 5/3/5. Hopefully this helps troubleshoot the issue, as to why I can't put in other dupes. Maybe the coding for Loki or his PVP is different. My ticket was closed saying the issue has been passed on to the development team, but other than that, I have received no feedback on the issue.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    been happening for weeks. many reports of this. really hope this gets addressed. unfortunately too late for the loki pvp.

https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=35326
    https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=35939
    https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=35990

please, ice, someone, please see this and address. thanks.

hate being forced to choose loaner or my full loki. there's a reason I put resources into a dupe.
  • TxMoose
    Options
    now we have a loki pvp event and an upcoming hood pvp event. 2 characters that many people have dupes for. can this get addressed please?
  • lukewin
    Options
    Having a different problem than above with Luke Cage PVP. I have 2 Luke Cage's, one with a PVP build of 5/5/3, level 140 and one with a PVE build of 3/5/5, level 120. I am able to use the 3/5/5 in PVP, but not the 5/5/3. So I'm losing 35 levels (after the buff) and the ability to use my preferred PVP build. I've seen multiple other people post this same bug, sometimes being unable to use any of their characters, but have seen no mention of this from any red names. When I had a ticket opened with my original post, they closed it saying the issue had been passed on to the development team and I haven't heard anything since, other than seeing other people open threads in the Bugs subforum. Any chance of acknowledgement of the issue?
  • lukewin
    Options
    I received a reply from Demiurge_Anthony and he will be checking into it. I also sent the below response, since I was wanting to see if there was any troubleshooting I could do to see if there were any possible workarounds.
    lukewin wrote:
    With the Luke Cage PVP, I've been messing around and it seems that closing the app and reopening it, allows me to choose the different builds. When I reopen the app, I can choose the 140 5/5/3 (buffed to 245) and it is in the team up screen. If I back out and choose the 120 3/5/5 (buffed to 210), it will swap. If I try to go back to the 245, it puts in the loaner.

Looks like I can use the higher one, than the lower one, but not the opposite. I can't use the lower one and switch to the higher one. If I close the app and reopen it, I can choose the higher one again.

Since I have 2 different builds and they're at different levels, it is easy for me to distinguish which one is going in. If you have dupes, you might be able to select a different one by closing and reopening the app. I don't know if it will apply to anyone with dupes that are the same level, even if different builds, until IM40 or Scarlet Witch come around. If I had to guess what the problem was based on me messing around, every play session, choosing a feature sets a level cap for that session, and trying to exceed it will force the loaner in. That's why closing and reopening allows me to start over. And I can go from higher to lower but not lower to higher.
  • bigwhoop
    bigwhoop Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    Options
    lukewin wrote:
    I received a reply from Demiurge_Anthony and he will be checking into it. I also sent the below response, since I was wanting to see if there was any troubleshooting I could do to see if there were any possible workarounds.
    lukewin wrote:
    With the Luke Cage PVP, I've been messing around and it seems that closing the app and reopening it, allows me to choose the different builds. When I reopen the app, I can choose the 140 5/5/3 (buffed to 245) and it is in the team up screen. If I back out and choose the 120 3/5/5 (buffed to 210), it will swap. If I try to go back to the 245, it puts in the loaner.

Looks like I can use the higher one, than the lower one, but not the opposite. I can't use the lower one and switch to the higher one. If I close the app and reopen it, I can choose the higher one again.

Since I have 2 different builds and they're at different levels, it is easy for me to distinguish which one is going in. If you have dupes, you might be able to select a different one by closing and reopening the app. I don't know if it will apply to anyone with dupes that are the same level, even if different builds, until IM40 or Scarlet Witch come around. If I had to guess what the problem was based on me messing around, every play session, choosing a feature sets a level cap for that session, and trying to exceed it will force the loaner in. That's why closing and reopening allows me to start over. And I can go from higher to lower but not lower to higher.

I am having the same issue in the Luke Cage event as well. I have 2 build of Cage (lvl 290 and lvl 222 boosted currently). By default, the lvl 290 is selected and will be used in the match. However if I make a selection of either cages on the character selection screen, then the lvl 70 will always be used.

I will then need to leave the event, and come back. After that the lvl 290 is selected by default again, and the same thing will happens when I tried to make a selection between the 2 Luke cages.

This issue seems to only affect the featured character.
  • Demiurge_Anthony
    Demiurge_Anthony Posts: 156 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Hello All,

I'm happy to report that a fix for this issue will be in R91. There was an issue with the system that chooses the character when there were multiple copies of the character and a loaner version was available.

Thanks to everyone who reported in on this issue!

-Anthony
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hello All,

I'm happy to report that a fix for this issue will be in R91. There was an issue with the system that chooses the character when there were multiple copies of the character and a loaner version was available.

Thanks to everyone who reported in on this issue!

-Anthony

This is awesome news! Thanks so much Anthony.
  • TxMoose
    Options
    nice to hear that a fix is coming. been at least 5 weeks since it was first reported.