Known Issue: Wave Missions & Rewards

Options
David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
Hello everyone,

The developers wanted to pass along some event info.

Demiurge Quote:
    "Missions that have waves are not giving out rewards correctly. Giving out rewards for completing the mission rather than each wave is not intended and we apologize for the inconvenience. Unfortunately, we are unable to patch the fix for this run but future runs will give out rewards correctly."

Thank you.

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Going to be really honest here.. i like the fact that there are now 7 rewards for the wave nodes... yes, it is quite a lot less iso and whatnot then normal wave nodes should give.. but seeing a reward given each time i complete them on my grind, is actually pretty satisfying, definitely moreso than grinding wave nodes for no rewards.

I was hoping to find a token as a wave node prize, like EoTS etc.. though. But, will always take iso!
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I also like it better this way. Now it won't feel like such a slog to clear them multiple times for points!
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I like whichever way gets me the most rewards. If I'm supposed to get 1250 ISO for one clear and instead have to do seven clears for only 710, I'd much prefer the intended setup. The points on the node are motivation enough to continue to clear it.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,371 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In general the wave missions are harder and require more strategic play to finish. Especially if they are in the 'hard nodes' section. And while I like the fact they give rewards multiple times upon finishing now, I still think they should always reward you properly (read:better) for each wave.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm glad they're going back to the old way. I almost never grind nodes down to get all the rewards, so I look forward to wave nodes for the burst of rewards they give on completion.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm all about ROI and getting the most out of it in the most efficient way. the original way was much better for that. however, given the shortage of iso rewards in the game compared to top rosters, it wouldn't kill anything if they allowed both at the same time.
  • Nylarx
    Nylarx Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Options
    If only you get the full wave node ISO everytime you clear it (up to seven times).

If only...