[merged topics] multiple bugs with Wave nodes

Options
tdglory49
tdglory49 Posts: 56 Match Maker
Moderator edit and update: Merged several recent threads on various timing and display issues for survival battles (a.k.a wave nodes).

Issues with these include:

• Banner displaying the incorrect wave number X of Y. When incorrect, it says "wave 1" again. (this is a recently intrropduced bug, possibly in R101.) This one is listed for a fix in R104.
  • Phoenix Ashes to Ashes countdown tile does not disappear when a wave is completed, and will heal a character in the next node.
  • Reaction abilities such as Captain Marvel's yellow can respond to damage from a move at the end of the previous wave.
  • Some skills can be fired without their downsides at wave transition, such as Sentry's red firing without ally damage or ending the turn.
  • The last enemy in a wave will prematurely switch display appearance with one of the enemies from the next wave. (this seems to have improved since the introduction of this feature, but not completely been fixed.)
  • Scarlet Witch's Reality Crush skill will always stun the front arriving enemy in a wave of more than three enemies, if the damage kills all three current enemies and some remain in the current wave. That is, the stun carries over to a remaining enemy in the current wave in a predictable, rather than random fashion.

In the Civil War Iron Man wave node (Hawkeye required one), the first wave is Surfer, **** Spidey and Phoenix.

If you drop Jean last, From the Ashes triggers, but she stays down and the game moves to the next wave. However, the countdown tile stays on the board, and when it resolved it true-healed a character from the new wave (in this case Black Widow).

Not sure what the intended behavior should be, but that doesn't seem like it. icon_e_smile.gif

Comments

• madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Saw this happen as well. I was half expecting her to actually show back up and replace one of the characters.
  • Colognoisseur
    Colognoisseur Posts: 804 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I had this happen in the wave node in civil war which had phoenix in the first wave. I saved her to kill last. I moved on to wave two and did not notice the countdown until the animation went off healing the character in front back to 50%. I was expecting to see her at the back of the line. Thankfully she wasn't.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I experienced this as well.
    I wonder if Phoenix would come back if a character in the second wave was KOed before her countdown resolved?
  • an1979
    an1979 Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Ditto.
    But I had all 3 enemy characters still standing so I don't know if she would show as one.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    I wonder if Phoenix would come back if a character in the second wave was KOed before her countdown resolved?
    I doubt she would, because the "KOed" characters stay on-screen but greyed out.
  • an1979
    edited August 2016
    Options
    HoD PvE.
    3rd wave
    AI had yellow from 1st and 2nd.

I killed last enemy in 2nd wave, Ares shows up throws SUNDER puts CD tile, banner flashes "3rd wave", only then enemies show themselves.
    Ares has full health

10ni9op.jpg

I believe other powers like Sentry's Sacrifice will do that too.

The fact that AI can throw powers with characters from the next wave at the end of the current (ending) one probably generates other bugs - passives from other characters might (?) not proceed properly...

BTW:
    EDIT
    -Cut out -
    not relevant
    -Cut out -
  • an1979
    Options
    Yeah, I'm not sure myself as I don't have 3*Bull's in working condition and I didn't use him yet. If he places his strikes on random colours that it means that it was IF work. icon_razz.gif

As for the first one I wonder what would happend if I had 4* Jean Grey; AI used purpleflag.png Iron Fist's power to generate black tiles and made 5-match?
    Would anyone from AI's team be stunned? icon_question.gif
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    OJSP wrote:
    an1979 wrote:
    As for the first one I wonder what would happend if I had 4* Jean Grey; AI used purpleflag.png Iron Fist's power to generate black tiles and made 5-match?
    Would anyone from AI's team be stunned? icon_question.gif
    I'm not sure about that. My guess is, no, because the powers were processed before the AI's characters appeared in the wave. The same reason why, in your example, Ares used Sunder and his health was still full.
    This is a good question, a couple of times I've had IW use her ability to turn the person with the lowest Health points invisible before the wave showed up. When they showed up, nobody was displayed as Invisible, but there was definitely someone invisible, because it wouldn't let me target that person for Single Damage.
  • areacode212
    areacode212 Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:

I remember this issue happening in that wave node. I did quickly KO a character in the following wave before the CD resolved. She didn't come back and fill their spot.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Oh look; another regression.

Just like the slowdown issues prevalent in build R101, this exact bug previously existed in the R80 range.
    I'm now wondering if the developers reactivated an old bit of dead code without proper re-testing.
  • Pogo
    Pogo Posts: 185 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2016
    Options
    [PC/Steam] [Moderator edit: also seen on iOS and Android.]

I've only seen this a few times so far, and I've only caught it when I end the wave with a power.

Wave 2 begins, but the banner appears to declare that Wave 1 is beginning (I've also see Wave 4 misrepresented as Wave 3). The enemy team still changes, the waves progress as normal. It doesn't make me "replay" the wave or anything, and there are still 4 total waves in Big Enchilada. It's apparently just a cosmetic error.

In my most recent instance, it was displayed as "Wave 1, [Wave 1], Wave 3, Wave 4. So it doesn't seem to affect subsequent waves.
  • Elleby
    Elleby Posts: 64 Match Maker
    Options
    I saw this on Android today as well. Wave 2 appeared as Wave 1.
  • kilgarin
    kilgarin Posts: 57 Match Maker
    Options
    Same for iOS.
  • Pogo
    Pogo Posts: 185 Tile Toppler
    Options
    update: since I was paying attention this time (big enchilada), I noticed that the "wave 2" banner actually correctly begins to appear, but quickly disappears and the "wave 1" banner then appears instead.

Curious as to whether it's the same bug that caused the "Turn to Smoke" banner to appear before the power that killed the Teisatsu even started to animate.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Noticed this today but also last time Captain Marvel was in the final round of the Big Enchilada.

Today I used whales! to get into the final round, killing 3rd round opponents. As Captain Marvel comes in - even though she takes no damage - her Energy Absorption goes off and her team gains red AP.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Mods: can we sticky this, or any of the innumerable threads reporting the same thing? Perhaps then it'll spur the devs to fix it....
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    CNash wrote:
    Mods: can we sticky this, or any of the innumerable threads reporting the same thing? Perhaps then it'll spur the devs to fix it....
    I'll work on merging any threads I can find on this, but I've been asked not to sticky too many threads in this forum.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DayvBang wrote:
    CNash wrote:
    I'll work on merging any threads I can find on this, but I've been asked not to sticky too many threads in this forum.

You'd think the devs would appreciate a compendium of known issues to deter duplicated bug reports.
    But ofcourse, their mind is on the 'dirty laundry' effect instead...
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Options
    If it's not the incorrect number of enemies being displayed, it is the wave number itself being displayed incorrectly.

............and that is IF the animations of the characters from the upcoming waves are not ALREADY going off prematurely and blocking said incorrect information. lol.

Not to mention the PASSIVE ABILITIES "cheating" / gaining AP or otherwise unfairly reeking havoc on players, before it's their actual turn. I'm looking at you 3*Carol, Rulk, etc.

Are there any technical gurus here, who can explain why this keeps on happening, every few months?

And how YOU would / could fix it?
  • TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Well, can't speak from a technical standpoint, but from a gameplay standpoint, it would be nice if the enemy AP pools got wiped for the next wave coming up.

Although, now that I think about it, that's still an unfair advantage on our side. I already store up my own AP for future waves, but the main difference is that we get 3 characters, whereas they can have...what's been the biggest amount, 15? 17?

Hrm. It's actually a harder fix than I can think of. Do we wipe both teams of all AP for each wave? Do they just take ours down by half? Do we get to control our own waves, i.e. can our downed characters be replaced by someone else from our roster? It's complicated.