[merged threads] Board reshuffling during a live cascade

Options
Pogo
Pogo Posts: 185 Tile Toppler
EDIT: apparently somebody already mentioned this in the "Board Not Reshuffling" thread

I'm assuming this is due to whatever change was implemented to fix the total lack of shuffle when shuffle is appropriate?

Only had 1 valid match on the board (requiring me to destroy my own countdown, of course). The match should've caused a cascade, but the moment the first match settled, the shuffle kicked in.

Comments

• BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    From not checking board state often enough to checking too much...
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yep, I experienced it too, but in my case it was on the AI's turn. I didn't pay attention to how many matches were available, but they made a TU match that was at least going to drop into a purple match, and sure enough, it shuffled.
  • RoboDuck
    RoboDuck Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Had this happen atleast once that I can tell for sure. Cascade is happening & a pink match would've happened, but the board shuffled before things settled in.

Another time had the board shuffle in the middle of a big cascade, was happening fast & couldn't verify a missed match, but would be shocked if there wasn't one there to be made. It was shuffling with big holes on the board, before the tiles had even finished coming down.
  • colin
    colin Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Had this happen twice to me in the last 2 days
  • mahman10
    mahman10 Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Same for me, noticed it starting yesterday, was waiting for a cascade... and then bam! reshuffle and turn over. icon_cry.gif
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't think it's checking it too soon. Its more like it has detected the board needs to be shuffled at the end of the cascade but adds the reshuffle command to the stack. The reshuffle command then gets executed before the rest of the stack (last in, first out also known as first in, last out). What should be happening is the reshuffle command being added to the queue (last in, last out also known as first in, first out), that will allow the cascade to happen before shuffling.
  • Ralph-Wiggum
    Ralph-Wiggum Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Options
    It happened a couple of times to me today. Worst was when one CD tile of IM's Recharge ability went off and then RHulk's anger went off. The board shuffled and it became the AI's turn with two of IM's CD tiles unresolved and IM stunned.
  • Kaazz
    Kaazz Posts: 224 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Happened twice today (in between game crashes) - both times an enemy tile was matched and should have been cleared, but the reshuffle fired and the tiles remained. Between this bug and the crashes, the game is totally unplayable for me. I'm losing out on ISO, covers, health packs, and hero points. What a crock of tinykitty!!!! icon_evil.gif
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I ran into this yesterday when IM40's Recharge countdowns went off - after the second tile disappeared, the board reshuffled and the third tile ended up a few rows higher than where the second one used to be. The CD "sweep" was already past that point, so it never finished counting down and I had to protect it for an extra couple of turns until Iron Man unstunned - at which point he stunned himself again when it went off.
  • alaeth
    alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Came here to post a similar scenario...

Hawkeye 2* 'Speed Shot' tiles start resolving at the start of my turn:
    After the second tile resolves, it leaves no matches possible.
    This triggers the *new* board shuffle logic, placing the remaining two Speed Shot CD tiles at the top of the board, so they do not resolve.

Not expected, nor ideal...
  • meekersX
    meekersX Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Just checking in to say that I have observed this happen to me multiple times as well. I wasn't sure the first time, but the second it was obvious. Three yellowtile.png dropped in a column, yet I had no yellow AP after the shuffle.
  • Lopan15
    Lopan15 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Also seeing this. Had three blue drop in on the top row which should have given me a match to fill 4cyc up to get me some red, but the board shuffled before it settled ending my turn without a match.
  • RoboDuck
    RoboDuck Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I ran into this yesterday when IM40's Recharge countdowns went off - after the second tile disappeared, the board reshuffled and the third tile ended up a few rows higher than where the second one used to be. The CD "sweep" was already past that point, so it never finished counting down and I had to protect it for an extra couple of turns until Iron Man unstunned - at which point he stunned himself again when it went off.

Finally had this exact scenario happen to me. Iron Battery was essentially stunned for 4 turns.
  • nigelregal
    nigelregal Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    Options
    This started with the previous patch. Has happened to me about 15 times so far. Most of the time it doesn't make a different but 2 times it cost me a match as i needed a cascade to win and it stole it from me and enemy just wiped me
  • Razamataz
    Razamataz Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Options
    I've had problem with loki a couple of times too,had four of his tiles in board 2 resolved then board shuffled putting other 2 above line it had already worked through so didn't resolve till next turn,also quite a few times board has shuffled when I can see a match ready to drop.
    once the ai made a move leaving what would of been an l shaped 5way for me to make but board shuffled before my turn
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This happened to me this morning. The enemy did a match that should've led to a massive cascade, but instead it immediately shuffled. From not shuffling to being too aggressive.

I understand though, these are probably hard cases to test. It needs to be a more recursive procedure that checks whether board shuffling is necessary at certain times but not at other times.

Of course I was happy that the enemy lost a chance for a massive cascade, but that means that the same could occur to me, and that's why I'm mentioning it here.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just happened to me on a lightning round. I had a setup like:

blacktile.pngbluetile.pngpurpletile.png
    tutile.pngtutile.pngyellowtile.png
    redtile.pngbluetile.pngtutile.png
    greentile.pngbluetile.pngblacktile.png

I matched the teamup, but it immediately shuffled after the match, not giving me the blue.
  • laughingMAN
    laughingMAN Posts: 65 Match Maker
    Options
    Made a match that would've resulted in another match. However, the game resolved a board reshuffle before the cascade could play out.
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 701 Critical Contributor
    Options
  • Razamataz
    Razamataz Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Options
    The board reshuffling is getting out of hand now happening every other match for me,even though I can clearly see at keast one move.
    Most the time it's not t bad but with ultron it's getting really frustrating, just got wiped on sixth move thanks to it I made match and grimaced when I left him a four-way as his next move but instead of doing that it decided to shuffle the board and played the four random bombs from top of the board straight across the bottom to immediately go off then cascade from help wiped me.

Please sort this as a priority ditch dumping new characters for a bit and get team to focus on the amount of bugs that seem to be stacking up with each update