Active VIP; Ads are now being played.

Options
monstermike
monstermike Posts: 71
My VIP is current and active.

As of this morning, when the ads appear, they no longer are automatically skipped and my reward given.

I have to actually watch the ad(s) as if I was a non VIP, recent purchaser, etc.

It has started only today, with it never happening prior to this. Also, as of today I've never automatically skipped the ad, I've had to watch each one when there was an option to.

Comments

• toddler316
    toddler316 Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Options
    This is also happening to me.
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    Options
    You should ask for a refund. We should not tolerate so many bugs. Maybe one or two but right now, it's too much!
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Affected players should open a customer support ticket. See more info and a link here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1274
  • LakeStone
    LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
    Options

As of this morning, when the ads appear, they no longer are automatically skipped and my reward given.

I have to actually watch the ad(s) as if I was a non VIP, recent purchaser, etc.

It has started only today, with it never happening prior to this. Also, as of today I've never automatically skipped the ad, I've had to watch each one when there was an option to.

Hi - I wanted to clear up some confusion which is included in our FAQ.

"Q - I received a S.H.I.E.L.D. Signal Intercept but I didn’t have to watch the video to get the reward. What happened?

A- As a thank you to anyone that made a purchase (including VIP) within 30 days, you will automatically receive the S.H.I.E.L.D. Signal Intercept bonus reward. After 30 days of a purchase, the Signal Intercept will be enabled once again until another purchase is made."

The Intercepts are tied to purchases within 30 days and not directly owning VIP. So getting these Intercepts after 30 days will happen especially toward the end of VIP memberships because VIP memberships only lasts 28 days. Here is the URL for reference -https://d3publisher.helpshift.com/a/marvel-puzzle-quest/?s=gameplay-tips&f=what-is-s-h-i-e-l-d-signal-intercept&l=en
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    Options
    LakeStone wrote:

Hi - I wanted to clear up some confusion which is included in our FAQ.

"Q - I received a S.H.I.E.L.D. Signal Intercept but I didn’t have to watch the video to get the reward. What happened?

A- As a thank you to anyone that made a purchase (including VIP) within 30 days, you will automatically receive the S.H.I.E.L.D. Signal Intercept bonus reward. After 30 days of a purchase, the Signal Intercept will be enabled once again until another purchase is made."

The Intercepts are tied to purchases within 30 days and not directly owning VIP. So getting these Intercepts after 30 days will happen especially toward the end of VIP memberships because VIP memberships only lasts 28 days. Here is the URL for reference -https://d3publisher.helpshift.com/a/marvel-puzzle-quest/?s=gameplay-tips&f=what-is-s-h-i-e-l-d-signal-intercept&l=en
    Wait... this doesn't really clear things up for me though. I'm not VIP nor have I made a recent purchase, so I play through the ads (which is fine for me), but the way this reads, shouldn't these guys not be getting ads just the same?

Purchase VIP - no ads for 30 days... Day 28 passes, renew VIP on day 29 (new purchase within 30 days). Why are they still getting ads then? Does it have to be outside of 30 days, meaning if you are relying on VIP renewals to bypass the ads, you have to wait two more days for the full 30 to elapse, and then renew again? The way it is worded is confusing and implies that these guys should not be getting ads assuming they've renewed their VIP right after the 28th day.

Edit: Or is this bypassing of the Intercepts just a one-time thing? It really needs to be checked or worded better.
  • toddler316
    toddler316 Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I purchased the VIP renewal on 12/6/2016 which was 10 days ago and I'm still having to watch the ads. I opened a ticket with support.