Spider-Woman can't dodge strike tile damage [Devs Aware]

Options
bigsmooth
bigsmooth Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
EDIT: As of 2/24/17 I did find that this may not happen in all situations, but it does still occur.

I have Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew) championed. I am running her with 5 covers in her black power, "Seeking Redemption". This power's flavor text notes that when her black countdown tile is on the board, she always evades 70% of targeted damage, or "dodges" 100% of the damage under a certain threshold. However, I noticed that it does not block strike tile damage.

Example: an enemy has a strike tile out with a strength of 500 and Spider-Woman has her black countdown on the board. The enemy fires a power that does 3,000 damage. Spider-Woman takes zero of the 3,000 damage, but she still takes 500 damage from the strike tile. Then the enemy makes a match-3. Spider-Woman dodges the damage from the match-3, but she again takes 500 damage from the strike tile.

This does not seem to make sense thematically. If she is completely evading someone's attack, why would the extra "power" of a strike tile make any difference? My guess is that the coding of her black countdown tile is not including strike tile damage as part of the "targeted" attack, but I believe it should be expanded to do so.

Comments

• SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    worked fine for me but I don't have the power maxed
  • bigsmooth
    Options
    Odd, I am able to repeat this every time. I'll try dropping down to fewer black covers to see if it makes a difference.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Was this a strike tile (with the knife symbol), or an attack tile (fist icon)? It sounds like you could be describing attack tile behavior.

Edit to add: ignore me, it's a (now) known bug.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Hi Everyone. This is the same issue that Elektra faces with her Shadow Step, as well as Colossus with his Immovable Object ability.

All of these are addressed in an active bug report currently in the database.
  • bigsmooth
    Options
    Hooray, I'm not crazy! icon_e_wink.gif
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bigsmooth wrote:
    Hooray, I'm not crazy! icon_e_wink.gif
    Well, let's not be hasty. icon_e_biggrin.gif