Shadow Step Problem [Devs Aware]

Options
catcusvader
catcusvader Posts: 93 Match Maker
Been using Elektra in gaunlnet came across a problem with her shadow step, she still takes match damage with the trap tiles on the board. I took screen shots to help illustrate the problem.

This image shows I have more than one trap on the board, right in middle in between the team up tiles. It gets removed but I still take damage. Still have one more trap on the board.

https://www.asuswebstorage.com/navigate/s/6599721CEA444BD292B92D6A49F9940C4

That last trap tile is destroyed but I still take damage.
https://www.asuswebstorage.com/navigate/s/87ACB5F32BA4448C9C98EEB6411D86504

Comments

• bigsmooth
    bigsmooth Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Is it only happening when the opponent has strike tiles out? I am wondering if it could be related to a similar issue I'm having with Spider-Woman: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=59461
  • catcusvader
    Options
    So I ran another test against icon_captainamerica.pngicon_doctordoom.pngicon_ms_marvel.png

Took no damage from Doom attack tiles, none from match damage. But did from strike tiles. I used double cross, which puts out enemy strike tiles that has strength of 19. Low and behold when I had shadow step on the board the next enemy match I would take 19 damage. Whatever number the strike strength tile is, that would be the damage I am still taking while using shadow step. It might be what you are experiencing too.
  • Akatosh
    Akatosh Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Options
    Has anyone noticed that Elektra is taking damage while Shadow Step trap tiles are on the board. I was under the impression that she was not supposed to take any damage
    while these trap tiles were out.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just saw it too.

This is like a repeat of the Prof. X broken DDQ from a few months ago, although I still beat this one with Shadow Step down.
  • Zeroborn
    Zeroborn Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Happening to me too. I haven't been able to test if it's negating the damage from the match but the added damage from the strike tiles is still hitting, or if all damage is just going through like it doesn't exist at all.

Edit: Looks like it IS negating the standard damage, but anything added by strike tiles is still applied after the initial damage. So, if there are no strike tiles on the board, you take no damage as it should be. If there are, it negates the initial damage and then whatever the strike tiles would add gets applied as regular damage.
  • catcusvader
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Try using the search function because I already beat you to it viewtopic.php?f=9&t=59775

It's amazing how so few people bother to pay any attention to my posts
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Shadow Step has looked for some time like it's healing Elektra, and I think that's what's happening. The way it "negates" damage is to take, then instantly heal, damage. Unfortunately, if she's close to death, she takes the fatal damage, then dies before the healing occurs. At least, that's what it looks like to me.
    On the other hand, I saw a post about Spider Woman's damage reduction ignoring the damage of strike tiles, so that the rest of the damage is dodged as intended, but the full strike damage goes through. If that's true, then strikes themselves may be bugged and ignoring damage-reducing powers. Probably related to Spider-Man BiB not reducing strike damage.

EDIT:
    Try using the search function because I already beat you to it viewtopic.php?f=9&t=59775

It's amazing how so few people bother to pay any attention to my posts.
    It's not about paying attention. It's about people not using Elektra. If it weren't for today's Clash, your post would have continued to be ignored most likely.
  • catcusvader
    Options
    issue still not addressed
  • Jexman
    Jexman Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm having this problem too, has a bug report been made?
  • salve1
    salve1 Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
    edited February 2017
    Options
    so close to kill blade escape with 3k hp but i die after i use black 2 time bcz is bugged like hell. thanks D3 icon_evil.gif RE after few games i see this one game black works fine one game is bugged
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Funny it takes her Clash before everyone realizes she's broken, since that's the only time most players bother to use her (me included). Prime candidate for next season's character rework.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    +1 this conversation. I normally do the clash with Elektra at 111. Today I had to level her to 150 because of this bug. I'd like my iso back please.
  • DroidDoes
    DroidDoes Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Same problem here; once Blade generated strike tiles, Shadow Step wasn't blocking the incoming damage....
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well it blocks everything except the Strike tile damage. Which is obviously a bug but not as bad as it could be.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Hey Everyone. I just took a look in the database, and there is an active bug report open for this issue. This issue also occurs and will be addressed for Spider-Woman's Seeking Redemption and Colossus' Immovable Object
  • byc
    byc Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    With this being bugged, I probably can't finish her Crash of the Titans.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Merged two threads on this.