Nova Rocket Man ignores strike tiles

Options
Zeroborn
Zeroborn Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
So, this was an issue way back in R93 or R94. When enemies came down from a successful Rocketman skill, strike tiles wouldn't apply to the damage.

Well, it's happening again. First noticed in today's DDQ command point fight. Hoping to get this noticed before the next update.

Comments

• Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hey there Zeroborn, thanks for making mention of this. I have yet to see similar reports as of yet from other players and so our team has very little data to go on aside from when this problem had last occurred. So aside from Nova, can you recall who else was on your team? Can you recall the team your opponent was using?
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think it's actually supposed to do that although nothing in the power description says so
  • bones
    bones Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    Options
    This happened to me just now in shield simulator. Peggy, Rhulk, and Nova (275, 5/5/3) vs Dr Doom, Cap, and Hulk. Damage to Hulk in screenshot matches rocket man text exactly http://i.imgur.com/QZJ0B5M.jpg, seemingly ignoring the strike tiles on the board.
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I've noticed nova will ignore OML strike tiles and only seems to count his own for the power switch.
  • semihippie
    semihippie Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I use Nova regularly along with PunMax and 3 Strange and notice this regularly.
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hey Guys, it seems that the team is currently investigating this issue. I'll let you know once we have more information on what's going on.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    apparently it's not that it should do that it's that it was one of many bugs that were noticed when the character originally launched
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    For reference.

Venom, full health
    Screenshot_20170321_115246.png

Nova base (no strike) damage
    Screenshot_20170321_115252.png

Strikes exist
    Screenshot_20170321_115258.png

Immediately after landing. 10560-4618=5942. The skill did exactly base damage, ignoring strikes. Strike damage was not added to the skill's damage.
    Screenshot_20170321_115351.png