Fix Incoming: Scarlet Witch's Hex Bolt (07/15/15) *Updated

Options
124»

Comments

• fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,930 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Deadpooool and Phaserhawk, enough. If you want to continue your argument, you are free to PM each other but do not continue it here. You do yourselves and your arguments a disservice by resorting to name calling and teeth gnashing. I understand the frustration and animosity in regards to the matter but I ask that we try keep this civil. Talk about the timing of the nerf, other bugs that get ignored, other characters in need of attention, etc but do not make personal attacks. Anyone caught making another personal attack in this thread will be getting a warning.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Deadpooool and Phaserhawk, enough. If you want to continue your argument, you are free to PM each other but do not continue it here. You do yourselves and your arguments a disservice by resorting to name calling and teeth gnashing. I understand the frustration and animosity in regards to the matter but I ask that we try keep this civil. Talk about the timing of the nerf, other bugs that get ignored, other characters in need of attention, etc but do not make personal attacks. Anyone caught making another personal attack in this thread will be getting a warning.

Sir, yes sir,

Needa go wash this taste outta my mouth now.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    cyineedsn wrote:
    All he did was ask what should be a perfectly legitimate question, since the behavior was different from the ability description, not passive-aggressively attempt to call for a nerf.
    And yet prior to Dave's post, you had two dozen people telling him to stfu and stop trying to get her nerfed. Quite a prescient response to such an innocent post...
  • simonsez
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    So I'll grab some nails and some wood. You bring your hammer and have at it
    You should have compared yourself to a holocaust victim instead. I don't think that offended enough people.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    You should have compared yourself to a holocaust victim instead. I don't think that offended enough people.

What? He's obviously just giving him the means to build a better soapbox. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    ...crucifying me on a forum...

Speaking of crucifixion, can this also get fixed?

qwxgxlal.png
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    We really need a dev coming in here and talking about this. How did them not notice this? Could it be that this bug was introduced during design, people overlooked it and just played along and based on the results, costed and configured the ability (and the character) incorrectly? 8 AP gets me almost 3.5k damage with Human Torch's red, 300 damage in strike tiles with Punisher's green, 2k+ damage plus massive board shake with Magneto's red, anything between 3 and 10 or even more green AP plus board shake and colour denial with Kamala's purple. For one more AP, OBW gets me 18 AP and depletes the opponent's AP... Hex Bolt's 4 AP in the colour(s) that I may or may not need, destroying the tiles that I may or may not want to destroy is massively overcosted; only Prehistoric Arms is more random but at least it costs only 3. If you wanted it to be her "**** power" like Black Panther and Psylocke's blue or Beast's yellow, why is her purple so **** as well?

Suggestions:

-Leave it exactly as it is.
    -"fix it" but cost it 5 AP at most.
    -"fix it" but make it destroy 6 tiles, or even better, cost it 9-10 AP and have it destroy all 8 tiles.

I know that because she uses Chaos magic you wanted her powers to all be "random" but that greatly affects her playability (beyond being a purple battery). Wanda herself could be very focused and effective while wielding her Chaos magic, anyway.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:

I would if I could, I'm not old enough. You do realize I was purposely stoking flames, right? Just like a fish on a lure, with a little flick of the wrist I have him reeled in.

Btw are you going to bite the worm I'm fishing you with right now? icon_twisted.gif
  • simonsez
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    You do realize I was purposely stoking flames, right?
    I knew you were doing that as soon as you made the Hex Bolt thread...
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2015
    Options
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Can a mod Avada Kedavra this thread?
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    Can a mod Avada Kedavra this thread?

No, that's a banned spell and would get them sent to Azkaban
  • rawl316
    rawl316 Posts: 114
    Options
    I see no need to argue with phaser. It's clear he understood what he was doing. All he wanted to do was troll he forum and he did his job. Maybe he has nothing else to look forward to.

http://youtu.be/FNt0anp7WK8
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,930 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:

I would if I could, I'm not old enough. You do realize I was purposely stoking flames, right? Just like a fish on a lure, with a little flick of the wrist I have him reeled in.

Btw are you going to bite the worm I'm fishing you with right now? icon_twisted.gif

Phaserhawk, out of respect for both you and Deadpooool, I avoided issuing a warning and allowed this thread to remain open in the hopes that a more productive dialogue about the nerf could be saved. I see now that was a mistake. You have broken rule 5 a. of the forum code (found here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4) and have exhausted my good will. For the severity of your infraction, I'm issuing you a warning and a one week ban.

I will not tolerate trolling on this forum.

Thread locked.
This discussion has been closed.