Deadpool Daily Quest - Round 42 - Sept 11-15

Options

Comments

• ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Glad I'm not the only one utterly disappointed with the new node.

I thought it was supposed to help people transition?
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Even though I have successfully beaten that new node, I feel that I was fortunate to have XF icon_wolverine.png maxed levelled/covered. I am concerned of the future battles as pretty much all my star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png have lack of covers so they can barely compete.

It wouldn't be so bad if they treat it like the 4th node where a required character is teamed up with any 2 of your choice as support.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Is the enemy level tied to people's covers or levels? Or is it static at 270? Or will it change depending on matchup (i.e. a ton of people have maxed xfws, so the opponent is 270, but when it's a newer 4*, the level will be lower)?

I thought Ice said it was supposed to be possible, though quite difficult, to defeat the node with undercovered 4*s. I don't see how a 1/0/0, or even a 1/1/1 would ever have any shot against a 270. Players are routinely asked to fight opponents 200+ levels above their own, but not without the benefit of useful powers or team combinations that are greater than the sum or their parts.

Will be curious to see if this new implementation actually helps people transition to 4* land appreciably faster.
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Is the enemy level tied to people's covers or levels? Or is it static at 270?

I thought Ice said it was supposed to be possible, though quite difficult, to defeat the node with undercovered 4*s. I don't see how a 1/0/0, or even a 1/1/1 would ever have any shot against a 270. Players are routinely asked to fight opponents 200+ levels above their own, but not without the benefit of useful powers or team combinations that are greater than the sum or their parts.

Will be curious to see if this new implementation actually helps people transition to 4* land appreciable faster.

Static lvl 270 for everyone with a Thor Red TU.
    It was never designed for a low covered 4* (4 or less?) but apparently someone with a 5 cover one has done it with boosts and a lot of luck. People with a decent amount of covers say 7+ are having problems so no real idea who they are targetting with this other than those with 10+ covers and leveled (perhaps that is their market)
  • YtsejamHP
    YtsejamHP Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options

Static lvl 270 for everyone with a Thor Red TU.
    It was never designed for a low covered 4* (4 or less?) but apparently someone with a 5 cover one has done it with boosts and a lot of luck. People with a decent amount of covers say 7+ are having problems so no real idea who they are targetting with this other than those with 10+ covers and leveled (perhaps that is their market)

I could see a lucky run with 5 covers if you're playing to deny their colors, but when times comes my single cover Prof X or Thing has to fight a 270 Magneto or Dr. Doom respectively...
    I like the spirit of the rivalry, but unless they do something with scaling or let us pick from a pool of 2-3 rival Three Stars, this is a big sad sigh for me. ;/
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    Moon Roach wrote:
    Grantosium wrote:
    Lvl 270 Cyclops.

Well, I guess I can ignore the new DDQ nodes.

And you're limited to X-Force. And no team-ups.

If he gets enough black, or red, or even yellow, it's all over.

Oh, and he gets a Mjolnir's Might team-up, just in case he's not getting yellow fast enough.

Yes, it's supposed to be hard, but this is just ridiculous. IMO.

i leveled my 5/3/2 XFW to 166, and got very close on one of my 3 losses so far, had him down to 346health.

Nailed it on my 4th try!
  • Malcrof wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    Moon Roach wrote:
    Grantosium wrote:
    Lvl 270 Cyclops.

Well, I guess I can ignore the new DDQ nodes.

And you're limited to X-Force. And no team-ups.

If he gets enough black, or red, or even yellow, it's all over.

Oh, and he gets a Mjolnir's Might team-up, just in case he's not getting yellow fast enough.

Yes, it's supposed to be hard, but this is just ridiculous. IMO.

i leveled my 5/3/2 XFW to 166, and got very close on one of my 3 losses so far, had him down to 346health.

Nailed it on my 4th try!

Tell me your secrets, Sir Mal. My X-force is surprisingly fully covered, but only level 188. I tried with boosts, I tried with team ups, I tried with a prayer and a curse...haven't managed to get there yet. I can see that I need to get my green and my black skills off ASAP, but neither do quite enough to do any more than piss Cyclops off. icon_razz.gif
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    dearbluey wrote:

Tell me your secrets, Sir Mal. My X-force is surprisingly fully covered, but only level 188. I tried with boosts, I tried with team ups, I tried with a prayer and a curse...haven't managed to get there yet. I can see that I need to get my green and my black skills off ASAP, but neither do quite enough to do any more than piss Cyclops off. icon_razz.gif

+2ap green/black, +100% dmg all colors, +100% green/black.. bad board for him, match 5 black start into a green cascade for me.. and i still almost died, my recovery tile proc'd and healed me enough to get a final green match.. couple slashes later, the cascades alone with the boosted match damage did most of the work.
  • bobbyfish
    Options
    Well, definitely impossible for my 1/1/1 x-force, but I'm ok with it, I don't really deserve a free shot at 4* when I don't have any with more than 5 covers anyway. I'm still building a 3* roster and I wouldn't expect the game to cater for me straight away like that.

What would concern me is if people with much higher levels still found this impossible to clear, but again, I think it needs to be a challenge, otherwise there's nothing to work towards.

It'll be a great bonus to achieve one of these one day, maybe my 3/1/1 antman will squeeze one in...
  • meekersX
    meekersX Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Spent all the Iso-8 I had to get my 4/2/2 Wolverine X-Force to 125. Boosted +2 B/G, +50% B/G match damage, +100% all match damage. Was quite lucky with a few match-5's and a decent cascade off an X-Force. So it's possible without a great deal of levels or covers, albeit that it requires a lot of luck. Concerned of course about finding the Iso-8 and covers for my other 4*.
  • Malcrof wrote:
    dearbluey wrote:

+2ap green/black, +100% dmg all colors, +100% green/black.. bad board for him, match 5 black start into a green cascade for me.. and i still almost died, my recovery tile proc'd and healed me enough to get a final green match.. couple slashes later, the cascades alone with the boosted match damage did most of the work.

Well, I'll keep trying and hope. icon_razz.gif
    Also, turns out that I DIDN'T use team-ups. I thought I did, but they are unselectable. So that was fun.

Edit: GOT it! I tried to allow a large number of red tiles to be on the board before firing off my black skill. PUZZLE SOLVED! icon_e_smile.gif
  • Vhailorx
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Bluey, save your consumables. If you have a fully covered xfw at 170 or better you be able to do,it straight up. Its just a pure ap race. You need to fire surgical strike before he can fire his red or black (either of which will one shot you). If the ai gets 10 red or 13 black just retreat.

You have the whole day to keep trying for a better board.

Took me a few tries. But eventually I got a mostly blue/pink board that gave me a few match5 greens and the cascades gave me black for surgical strike.
  • Vhailorx wrote:
    Is the enemy level tied to people's covers or levels? Or is it static at 270? Or will it change depending on matchup (i.e. a ton of people have maxed xfws, so the opponent is 270, but when it's a newer 4*, the level will be lower)?

Will be curious to see if this new implementation actually helps people transition to 4* land appreciably faster.

I'm seeing level 270 for my 1/1/3 L94 XF, so I'm guessing it's static... and impossible. lol

I'm not overly upset, but to set it up in such a way that an undercovered 4*, without team-mates or T-Us, while the enemy has T-Us?

As I said, not happening for me any time soon, which means my almost 2 pages of 1-cover 4*s are likely to remain so for the foreseeable future...

The plus side for me? It looks like they left the rest of DDQ alone, which is miraculously good news!

DBC
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    dearbluey wrote:

I beat it on my second try w/ my level 181. I used full color+gr/bk ap boosts, plus 100% rainbow damage boost. Your priority is to match red, yellow, and TU, in that order. You need to play defensively in this one. Dominant color is red. So slowly collect your bk ap until there is enough red on the board to deliver a knockout blow to AI cyk.
  • Cartz
    Cartz Posts: 73 Match Maker
    Options
    After burning through 10 health packs sadly the best for my 1/1/4 X Force was Cyclops down to half health.

Guess I'll have to wait till icon_professorx.png and icon_nickfury.png as they have 7 and 10 covers respectively. So I may have a shot then.
  • Vhailorx
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Not looking forward to the prof x event. Without teamup, it will be a complete slog. Just try to stay invisible and grind the opponent down from 12k+ health!

I am sure that the dev position is that these legendaries are for players with 4* rosters to get 5*s. But that means that instead of awesome tokens that are guaranteed to give you something really good and a small chance at something great, these are just heroic tokens again, with a large change as iso, and small chance of a worthwhile outcome.

Since the legendary node is already gated to 4*s, I think it should be calibrated a bit lower, like the 3* cover node in ddq, which is hard but doable with 2*s, and a fun but very winnable node with 166s.
  • I'm not thrilled with this new node. I've got a bunch of 4*s well-covered and leveled (XF, Dino, IW, NF, Thing all max-covered and level 210, Thor at 12 covers level 210, Elektra at 10 covers level 188) and I don't know how often this will be winnable. It took four tries this morning - granted, that was partially because every board was loaded with red prior to the last - and, while it got me a usable cover this morning (Yellow Kingpin), every time it's not one of those seven (and probably sometimes when it is), keeping in mind it probably won't ever be Devil Dino, I'm not going to be able to get a 4*. And that's before factoring in that only about half the 4* covers are usable.

I think the idea is sound but the execution needs work. When it's someone like Cyclops, this is going to be borderline impossible for someone who doesn't have the featured 4* fully or nearly fully covered. And it's ridiculous that we're not allowed to use teamups, especially when the AI is.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Not to mention that we're starting off with X-Force, who's much better undercovered than most other 4*s. Even if it doesn't do much damage, Surgical Strike stops Cyclops' most dangerous ability without forcing you to match a color that won't help you at all. I think the only other power that's as useful in a duel when you've only got one cover for it, outside of power combos that require a maxed damage-dealer (FalCap's yellow with maxed red, Overdrive with maxed Repulsor Punch) would be IW or PX's invisibility.
  • So you're saying I shouldn't drop a low covered 3* character to roster my 1 XForce Wolvie for this node?

Too late. Results to come.

*Edit - He got me down to 1hp. He had 13747 at that time. Hah. He finished me off without doing a single power. This was fun.
  • Vhailorx
    Options
    1 cover 4*s have no shot for this particular matchup. Match damage alone with crush you even if you succesfully deny all three colors + team up so to the enemy.