DDQ - Node for Legendary Token

Options
WEBGAS
WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
Is it a joke? Seriously, how we are supposed to beat that crazy node? icon_e_surprised.gif
I agree that the prize is cool and the quest has to be challenging, but this is quite impossible. My wolverine is at 1.1.3 and I had to fight Cyclops at lev 270, with no helps...
This is a quest only for long time players (I'm on day 345) and for lucky people who has very well covered and miximized 4* characters....those who probably doesn't even need a legendary token....For all the others it's only a kit sucker : icon_rolleyes.gif WORST QUEST EVER!

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There's a 6 page thread about this in General Discussion already.
    Anyway, I am on day 670-something I believe and I have precisely three fully covered fourstars: X-force, Nick Fury and Thor. I am very happy to have a chance to gain more fourstar covers besides pushing to 1000/1300 in PvP. Placement rewards were never my thing.
  • WEBGAS
    Options
    As I said, you long time players are the only one who can succed in this quest... icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_smile.gif
  • Quebbster
    Options
    WEBGAS wrote:
    As I said, you long time players are the only one who can succed in this quest... icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_smile.gif
    Yeah, but I definitely need the token, so you were wrong there. icon_e_wink.gif
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    WEBGAS wrote:
    day 291 here. would not include myself in the 'long time player' group. many here have 400-500 days played. made it with my 2/4/1 level 120, but very fortunate to start with a black match-5, so it takes some luck if you don't have it covered. really should be some skill involved like the big enchilada, that can get you a *** cover using a ** team. before I graduated to 3* land, 2* thormneto was very reliable and rarely wiped (probably could count on one hand). this feels extremely luck based unless you have mostly covered 4* up to ~200. and are those really the ones that getting this token is limited to? anyway, I still made it.
  • WEBGAS
    Options
    well 3 or 4 black cover for wolvie make a huge difference. Mine has only 1 green and 1 black...way too weak to succeed....Anyway congrats to you who succeded icon_e_biggrin.gif .....ps.: I can't wait to fight against a full leveled 3* character with only Starlord with 2 yellow covers and nothing else icon_mrgreen.gificon_mrgreen.gificon_mrgreen.gif
  • Ouroboros9999
    Ouroboros9999 Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Ok, I guess that answers my question if this is possible with 3 covers--one each color. Nope!
  • FarBeyondMetal
    Options
    I'm on day 213, with X-Force Wolverine at a 5/4/1, lvl 168. Some people just have better luck than others.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    5/5/3 XFW lvl 120. Took 2 tries but I did it using +2 G/K and +2 All AP boosts along with +120% All colour match damage.

Deny yellow, black and, red. This will get you your black and yellow AP. Get green when it is safe to do so. Hold Surgical Strike until he uses Mutant Revolutionary. Use your heal as soon and as often as possible.
  • Not skill based at all. Entirely luck. What a joke and insult from d3.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sutter28 wrote:
    Not skill based at all. Entirely luck. What a joke and insult from d3.
    well, it does take skill to use the luck properly, but yes, lots of the equation is luck. too much imo.
  • When i heard 1st time that i liked them a lot. I thinked 3*Dp 4* Wolverine and the neccessary character. At last i can upgrade 4 star heroes Yupie! icon_e_biggrin.gif
    But no if you are not very long time player/extreme lucker/buying covers/professional pvp player you cant do that :S
    I can the 1st node st easily with Wolverine bu the most 4* characters have 1-5 covers (have got all least 1 cover). I dont think i have a chance again to win before Wolverine fight again. (Maybe IW 229; Ant-man 168; Fury 188) at 453 day
    I think that was s**ks for a lot of players a long time ago. icon_rolleyes.gif

Good idea with bad realization.
  • WEBGAS wrote:

I just hit the daily award green for xforce wolverine last week.

He has cover profile of 1,4,0

I put alll the iso allowed in him this afternoon. He is level 131 now. I used the black green boost and that's it.

Oh. And I won.
  • azmadu
    azmadu Posts: 63 Match Maker
    Options
    My X Force is/was 4/2/3 at lvl 170 and it took me 12 tries or so to complete this. Several times I had Cyclops down to 500hp but one optic blast took me out. I used boosts of all types to even do this and when I finally got him down to his knees with 1500hp, I have 8 green enough to do XForce but it only does 940 and he's just fired off Mutant Revolution and now has 15 red waiting to blast me. icon_eek.gif

I fired off XForce and left him with 313 hp, but the last cascade, 3 blue -> 3 black -> 3 yellow was enough to wipe him out. icon_e_biggrin.gif

I said my XForce is/was 4/2/3 before I started. When I opened my token, I got a black XForce cover hence he's now 4/3/3 icon_cry.gif

Well I do need him so I'm not too disappointed, but I would have loved a Surfer cover plus I even bought a slot in anticipation.
  • ruinedcause
    Options
    I agree with the poster that said the cover layout made all the difference. I've seen people succeed who have less covers than I do with XFW. Mine is currently 2/1/5. Those additional covers in black make a world of difference. I could see people being successful with an 8 cover XFW, just not with Surgical Strike being at one cover. That ability is far too weak with only one cover.
  • Quebbster
    Options
    I agree with the poster that said the cover layout made all the difference. I've seen people succeed who have less covers than I do with XFW. Mine is currently 2/1/5. Those additional covers in black make a world of difference. I could see people being successful with an 8 cover XFW, just not with Surgical Strike being at one cover. That ability is far too weak with only one cover.
    I agree that the chance of success is directly proportional to the number of black covers in this case.
    It will be interesting to see who Fury has to go up against...
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 660 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Black covers are the only ones that matter for him.