Crash: Ghost Rider vs Galactus

Options

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hendross wrote:
    Got him to 50% with 1 red level 70, doesn't sound like its possible without black...quitting...
    Besides Professor X, has that been possible with one cover in any other Crash?
  • nwman
    nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Did it w 2/2/3 lvl 140. 3rd try. A 4th black would have made it easier and I could have won an earlier attempt too. Deny countdowns is a must and black. But red and green powers helped a lot also. Did 50% r/b boost and 100% all color boost.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    0/2/1 lv 90. No chance. But my xfw should be good in five days.. we'll see! I'm hoping they're restarting the cycle and no longer doing brand new 4*s who will rarely win for those of us who aren't whales.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My 1,3,0 GR tried and failed, but I still have him at level 70. I will say good job to D3 in bringing Galactus into the 4* DPDQ. He is more like a goon than a character with CD and at his level he only produces 1CD at a time. The 20k health sucks for low covers GR, but a GR with solid covers should be able to take him down. Here have been much harder characters. Face in DPDQ. Now if D3 had just reset now and brought this out 3m from now the player base would be loving this DPDQ.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This really is what Clash of Titans should be, a puzzle, not a brute force contest
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    FWIW, I have a capped GR at level 94 with 1/2/1 covers. I tried it once with G/B and Y/R AP boosts (no All) and got Galactus to half health. So with damage boosts and luck it should be possible for me. I encourage people with low covers to give it a few tries, the amount of output by Galactus is not very high considering his level.
  • PeterGibbons316
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    This really is what Clash of Titans should be, a puzzle, not a brute force contest
    I agree. These DDQ4 nodes are my favorite part of the game. I love the puzzle.

This one was particularly puzzle-like since Galactus doesn't make matches, and gives you the opportunity to set some things up.

Beat it 1st try with 1/1/3. Boosted G/B AP, G/B damage, All damage.
  • Bulls
    Bulls Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    Options
    This one was relativly easy - same as last 2. Despite the fact that I had just 6 covers on rulk (132) and 6 on x23 (123) I was able to win them without to much troubles. My Gr was 130 few days ago, Ive got 1 black from sim and tough that there's no opponent that I could take down, maybe except hood. At first when galactus appeared to my eyes I tought it's another bad joke but after giving it a try it felt like one of the easiest opponent, that with more hp should be doable. Ive bought 1 more black, leveled GR 131 and took him down just after without even firing PS. Just 2 red casts and match dmg was enough. Anyway Im glad that new series starting with next vault as Im sure that out of 5 that failed me in first series 3 will win this time for sure, possibly 1 more with some luck and only my 111 creepy kid still looks helpless.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    Besides Professor X, has that been possible with one cover in any other Crash?
    pretty sure IW was possible with just one. pretty sure that's it though.
  • Yoik
    Yoik Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Tried once with my 74 0/1/1

As you can imagine I failed. Even with an optimum board your looking at death by matches within a certain time. GR only has 5k health. I recon im 75% complete rate on these DDQ Ledge. Will be glad when it swings back to XF

Good luck everyone else
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Anyone else see the humor in this, "it's Galactus, you're supposed to lose"

Now go fight him with 1 under covered, under leveled hero
  • PorkBelly
    PorkBelly Posts: 526 Critical Contributor
    Options
    1/3/2 leveled to 115.

Beat on the 3rd try with +2 r/y/g/b + 2 rainbow.

I was really annoyed when first saw it (Galactus, c'mon!) but this one actually turned out to be a lot of fun.

That being said, I can't see how one would beat it w/o Penance Stare.

Got a purpleflag.pngicon_redhulk.png which was a really nice treat after my typical icon_invisiblewoman.png LT pulls.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Kudos to you guys who enjoy the "puzzle" aspect of this one, but I don't have a good solution to the puzzle of "avoid having cds spawn in places where you can't match them"
  • GMadMan040 wrote:
    Is no one gonna chime in that it is kind of silly that a 4* character that has been out a month is the featured in the 4* DDQ?

Guess what 5 days from now is gonna be Miles, followed immediately by Venom.

I don't even know whether that is true, it doesn't even matter. Why in the world are these characters getting featured in a game mode that requires a healthy amount of covers and levels to succeed in?

It's cool, 4* DDQ is a well defined entity at this point, but still, give the fringe element at least a fighting chance please.

Isn't XForce Wolverine the "featured" cover in the Vault next?

It looks like this is the last go around for this cycle, at least.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    Kudos to you guys who enjoy the "puzzle" aspect of this one, but I don't have a good solution to the puzzle of "avoid having cds spawn in places where you can't match them"

Those are going to happen, and I'm not belittling this fact. But some can be taken care of through match-4/5 elimination, and it is satisfying to me when I can make a normal match that clears 2 or more CD tiles or at least sets up a clear due to where the tiles will fall.

People with better Penance coverage than me could also enjoy trying to lose just enough health to maximize their damage without dipping so low as to get knocked out, and that has a puzzle aspect too.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Okay, I admit, I was upset at this one. I was sitting on a 0/3/0 GR as of 2 days ago, and as it seems too coincidental, I got a GR black on my first try on Taco Tokens. So I had a 0/3/1 Lvl 111 GR, lets go Galactus. I always play unboosted first to see how it goes. I got smoked.

2nd try boosted red and black and tried to match as quick as possible. Smoked

3rd try, boosted dmg red and black and red AP boosts. Smoked

4th try, decided to actually play the puzzle, and deny Galactus his CD's. Got him to about 7K unboosted

5th try, boosted everything all ap, red and black and denied CD's. Got him down to 5K

6th try, same as above but bad CD placements, smoked

7th try, same as 6

8th try, got him to 3 K, used black, only 2900 dmg, I died next turn.

9th try, spent HP got a 2nd black and leveled him to 127. Won

What did I learn?

This is very possible assuming you have 1 black. If you don't, not saying it can't be done but will be hard. Red is the best skill here.

If you have a 0/3/1 you won't do it, it's not the skills, you don't have enough health. You need about 6500 hit points and smart tile matching to survive, a 1/2/1 might be able to win however, I was limited to only 2 dmg colors and on my 8th try had I had green, I would have won because I was sitting on 17 green AP.

Minimum Requirements to beat this node
    1/2/1--Lvl 111
    0/3/2--Lvl 127

If you don't have black you are going to need about 8-10K hit points without it which means you need to have at least 3 covers in red or green probably more as I don't know how lvl maxes are in certain cover configurations.

This is fun and doable, the absolute key is to manage Galactus' CD tiles and to take enough damage to make black hurt him but not enough that you die. Also it's okay to match your attack tiles, just try not to match your CD from red
  • Chief270
    Chief270 Posts: 137
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    1/3/2, 131, took 4 attempts. Bootsed red/yellow ap, black/green ap, rainbow ap. Had a good opening board with several match 4s and was able to keep Galactus CDs of the board. Was able to lay green 2x, red 2x by my 4th turn. This is really about CD management till you get Galactus low enough to finish with black

token_legendary.png a needed icon_antman.pngblueflag.png

Same setup as above. 6th try. Got close tries 1-3 then blown out 4-5. 6th gave me a nice board, and nearly screwed that up by firing off black too early.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Got him on my 5th or 6th try with a 031 l111 GR. Ipused r/y ap boost and g/b, y/r dmg boosts. You need some board luck, but it's definitely possible with a low level GR.
    658 Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Options
    Don't forget that sim 2k reward is black GR. This one is very doable at lower levels (within reason).
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I found the clip that probably inspired this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hx8ob0BAkOs