Electra's odds vs Blade? [4* DDQ]

Options
2»

Comments

• BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    2/2/1 ain't gonna cut it. I even started a match with two match 5's and still couldn't keep up. She just doesn't put out damage fast enough at low levels.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    5/5/3, level 71. Took me 4 tries, same as first time (was 4/5/4, 70 back then)

+2Black, +2All, 100% match damage. Had about 900 health left when I got the black and purple out, didn't get touched again.
  • jajones82
    Options
    I just beat it, after about 15+ tries (using 14+ health packs), with my 2/3/2 level 147 Elektra. I had the luckiest board though, and the first 14 tries I used countless boosts for AP colors, match damage and crit damage. After I almost ran out of boosts and iso I tried it one last time. I hit some lucky cascades which allowed me to block his Nightstalker twice and steal a bunch of strike tiles. It was not easy, so hopefully by next time I have a few more covers for her.
  • HeyoJayo
    Options
    Geep getting close.. Ballet would be the difference maker, but traps get disarmed on his first shot.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's a bad fight if you have a 1/3/5 elektra, but it's actually quite a good fight if you have a 5/3/1 build.

You can control when he makes strikes to fuel your purple by matching away red as necessary. And once you start stealing lots of strikes, things tend to snowball pretty quickly.

I think it's a pretty fair fight. The other obvious option would have been daken, and that wouldn't be much better.

And while bullseye would be perfect narratively, he doesn't make strikes in a 1v1 mode, so he really for an make sense mechanically.
  • rkd80
    rkd80 Posts: 376
    Options
    This is one of the easier 4* DDQ, however some iso into Elektra is required to survive the strike tiles. Had to take her to 125 which sucks because dont like to invest in trash tier characters, but if you want that LT - then something must give.

Black and purple are all you need, red is pointless.
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Took two tries. She's the same colors as Blade, so denied red and put out Ballet. He couldn't generate strike tiles without enough red on board, so red is essential. Also used black to prevent damage and turned it right back on him. Used people to steal the strikes he did put out.
  • HeyoJayo
    Options
    I've only got her at 2/4/2 & 115 with no spare iso.

Probably just out of reach this week
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,369 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I gather black is pretty much required for a win?
    My 2/0/1 Elektra doesn't seem very 'unkillable' despite her title icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DeNappa wrote:
    I gather black is pretty much required for a win?
    My 2/0/1 Elektra doesn't seem very 'unkillable' despite her title icon_mrgreen.gif

Black is very useful for offensively and defensively, especially if blade gets enough purple to put some attackbtiles out on the board. 2/0/1 will be tough. Deny black and purple as much as possible and keep red below 10. When you have 14 purple, let a little red stay on the board and start stealing strikes. Then use red if you have enough so that you can double dip.
  • Lvl 119 2/4/1, beat it on the 6th try. Used all dmg boost, blue/purple dmg boost, and black/green ap boost.

As with everyone else: deny purple, keep trying till you get a red-starved board. Extra hard for me because my trap does **** damage and I could only steal 1 strike tile. Luck, luck, luck. What a fun game. icon_e_sad.gif
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I can't believe I won with my 2/2/0 @ 106! Unbelievably kind board with lots of purple and black for me to stockpile, got enough to experiment and feel my way through with the Shadow Step traps (i.e. I cast it the first time well before Blade could get any powers out). They were doing butt damage, so I let some red tiles linger and waited till Blade had 10 purple, by which time I spammed my own purple three times. Unfortunately, after he kept his enemies closer, he matched the attack tile on the very next turn, so the SS traps never gave him that much damage.

Ended with 757 health, and he offed himself by kicking one of my traps.

I got a Purple Red Hulk (Magenta?), he's 0/0/3 now.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,369 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Meh, 2/0/1 is pretty much a lost battle, unless you really luck out. Too little health (level 90, so somewhere in the 4Ks), so even while denying Blade's colors you get still match dmgd to death, especially once his strike tiles start flowing. This one match that ended with somewhere around 13 red strike.png out, none of which were in a position to match away icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif .

Might give it one more shot with some boosts after my healthpack regenerates, but I'm not really confident.
  • Monged4life
    Options
    I managed it fairly easily! He only got one attack off and I had a Shadow step down waiting for him. By the time I let him have enough reds to get strike tiles I had two double crosses off and then it was childishly easy.
  • djvkool
    Options
    5/3/3 lvl 172

Easy enough, I got lucky that there were lots of purple and red tiles

Once each of purple and red power, and the match was over 2 turns later icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • I did it with a 2/0/2 level 111. I used boosts for all my red and purple plus an additional all AP boost.

I denied black and purple and somehow managed to get three ballets of death with two double double crosses.

It took boosts plus a very fortuitous board, but I pulled it off in about eight or nine tries.
  • My 2/2/2 Electra ran into a really bad first couple boards, but things improved. Back in Black Spidey blue...not my first choice of 5*, but nice nonetheless.
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This one was brutal for me. I took her to 118 at 5/1/2, and it took 6 tries. Every move he made, even a TU match in the top corner, led into black and purple cascades for him, and I was never able to have a Shadow Step ready for his Nightstalker. I think in those 6 tries I managed to block it only once. In one of the attempts I used purple 2x in a row and did 1500 a turn, but was quickly killed by his returning match damage. In the last try I took 2 tiles and managed to get red below 10 on the board for him to stop making strike tiles, but he still had 2 out and it was a down to the wire race for life. I'd like to have some more covers and levels before I do this again next time...

Edit: reward was Nick Fury yellow, up to 4/3/3.