4* DDQ: Science Bros (Hulk vs Hulkbuster)

Options
2»

Comments

• Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Won on my second try with my Hulkbuster at L133 5/3/4.

Probably the luckiest / easiest time I've had in any of my few DDQ4 wins to date. Collected red, denied green, collected blue to remove green and generate more red. On my second try Hulk hit me with a red to knock me from 8k to 4k, I hit him with a 22AP red for 10k, he only got one Anger tile from it, and I hit him with another 10AP red to finish him off.

Reward: My first icon_greengoblin.png

Which I don't know how to feel about, since I already have five undercovered 5*s wrecking autoscaling for me.
  • huktonfonix
    huktonfonix Posts: 214 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Lvl 131, 3/1/2. Took 18 (?) tries, all my boosts, and several tacos. I think I lost a winnable fight after about a dozen tries because of a math error where I could have survived an overdrive for a game winning face punch.

In the end I just got a lucky board, denied red and green hard, and got a few match 5's. Boosts:

2 Y/R, 2 B/G (never used overdrive, so a waste), and 50% Y/R match damage. Punched him in the face for 30 red (6K), matched away anger, ate one clap, punched him in the face for 17 red for the win.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    153 5/5/3, no boosts, first try. With his blue power called Hulk-Proof, Repulsor Punch needs to be renamed to Idiot-Proof at 5 covers because I didn't do a good job denying green and I still won handily.

Banked the LT.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,369 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My Hulkbuster is 4/1/0, level 116.

After about 5 unsuccessful attempts where somehow Hulk kept skyfalling into a lot of green matches and match-5s, I just won it in one of the most RNG crazy ways ever.

Started with +100% match damage, +2 all/+2 red/yellow AP. The starting board contained a red T-shaped match-5 that I had to go for. After the board had resolved with 1 more skyfall match-5, there was a black match-5 set up that would also use a critical. With some more row clears and another critical in there somewhere, that created a very convenient 2- or 3-way match-4 including double critical. [I might have misremembered some of those crits, but you get the general gist].

Anyway, by the time the free turns were over, I had 19 red AP and 11 black, and Hulk was down to ~7K and 5 anger countdowns on the board. After an overdrive and repulsor punch, he was down to 300hp and my next match-3 fried him. icon_e_surprised.gificon_e_surprised.gificon_e_surprised.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

The poor fella never got a move in. icon_lol.gif

(Got a icon_punisher.pngblackflag.png )
  • Tryke
    Tryke Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My first and only champed 4*. Felt super satisfying to just have an easy one now and then. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Gave him a nice 10k punch for 4 star.pngicon_jeangrey.pngpurpleflag.png now 5/2/3
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Leveled my 4/1/2 HB to 126 using all the ISO I had left after champing Vision and beat it on the first try. This was the first time I had HB semi-usable.

+2 all AP, +2 R/Y AP, no third boost. Blasted Hulk with a 30 AP punch, denied green hard while letting him bank black. I never used Overdrive but ran Hulk-Proof twice to little avail since my protect tiles got cascaded away pretty quickly both times. 800-some health left, and I had enough red banked up to punch him once more ftw.

Reward: blackflag.pngicon_mrfantastic.png ... yay?
  • Jetmanvin
    Jetmanvin Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Second go around with my 3/2/5 Hulkbuster, deny red, collect enough blue to hulk proof hulk, finish him off with a couple of rider-I mean repulsor punches, and greenskin's out cold!

My reward yellowflag.pngicon_quake.png
    Second COT victory, I'll take it...
  • Evilgenius_9
    Evilgenius_9 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    Options
    4/1/1 135 (max for those covers). Beat it on second try, first with all boosts - +2 all ap, +2 R/Y ap, +100% all damage.

Got a purpleflag.png Teen Jean to take her to 2/3/2.