Crash of the Titans Cycle 3: Professor X

Options

Comments

• SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wow, AI was taunting me today. Purple obviously priority one - and AI had 12 before I had seven (and started with two!). Board had to re-shuffle before I got seven, went invis...and once again, had easiest time ever in any DDQ, with a level 172 this one is so much easier than a 290ish XF vs Cyc.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    pretty simple. first try. deny and chase purple. I boosted crits (where else will I use them?) and purple+2, but never got a crit. level 145 5/3/5. gathered until board was dried of purple. go inviz. try and protect that tile. she threw purple so I started boosting them. then really deny purple cause you don't want her stealing them. gather purple again in case your tile gets matched away. done.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Light on purple meant it took a while to go invis, but also meant my invis tile was never threatened.

icon_elektra.pngblackflag.png with the token icon_cry.gif
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Way too easy, especially compared to last week's Star-Lord. First try, no boosts. Gathered enough for Invisibility my turn 5. Elektra does DDC 2 turns later. Rest of the game, my strikes are buffed about 3 times every turn. Done in about 5 more turns.

Got a black Kate. My first cover for her. (I've been skipping the last few release PvEs.)
  • Rojas66
    Rojas66 Posts: 86 Match Maker
    Options
    I like when these are easy. Got invisibility out there after 4 rounds and was able to keep it protected the entire match. Then just chipped away and then hit a match 5 to set her up for the knockout on the next round.

Got a redflag.pngicon_elektra.png
  • RoboDuck
    RoboDuck Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Had the luckiest board possible. My 162 PX 4/2/5 beat it in 6 turns. Got 3 match 5s in the first 5 turns. If only they were all this easy.
  • HeyoJayo
    HeyoJayo Posts: 75
    Options
    2/4/0 lv 90.

No troubles, boosted purple AP, set the invisible then let her match purples.
    After she lends you strikes, they get pretty big, pretty fast.

Unfortunately, my reward was on par with the effort..
    redflag.pngicon_starlord.png bringing him to 2/4/3
  • TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Alright alright, actually did it with a 5/0/5 160 ProfX. 6 tries.
    Got a token_legendary.pngicon_captainamerica.pngblueflag.png

Well now I'm tempted to throw some iso at my 4/0/3. Was it a "things went my way" win?
  • DevilMayGrind
    Options

Well now I'm tempted to throw some iso at my 4/0/3. Was it a "things went my way" win?

Yes. 5 times the board was awful, full of black and red. 6th time a match 5 right from the start and then another fell, like a glorious angel, from the top of the board. Also boosted all damage and crit bonus. If you have spare Health packs - go for it!
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Won on my second try with my 133 1/4/5 Prof X.

My first try was riddled with a hilarious amount of bad luck. (a) Board was completely purple-starved; (b) on turn 6, the AI cascaded into a purple match-5, which cascaded into a purple match-4, which cascaded into a purple match-3, to which I could just laugh; (c) when I finally got an invis tile out, the AI instantly removed it by magically summoning a match-4 out of a cascade. At that point, it was just a few turns before Elektra chipped away what remained of Prof's health.

Second try was more straightforward. I got an invis tile out, Elektra immediately found a way to remove it, I got a second invis tile out, and it sat in the corner for the rest of the match, strengthening strike tiles until I was doing 2K+ a turn.

This makes my 9th Crash win in a row, 9-1 for cycle 3 overall.

My reward: yellowflag.pngicon_greengoblin.png now 0/1/1.
  • CFacto
    CFacto Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Options
    4th try with 2/2/1 Lvl111

AI kept getting cascades to match my invisibility tile away, basically...
  • monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    0/2/1 level 90, beat her first try with no boosts or bonuses. Laid the invisibility tile right in the middle of an easy match first time down...second time, it put the invisibility tile in the corner, no way to match it out. It was a war of attrition till she used Double Double Cross a couple times, then his tile buffing made super quick work of her. Easy icon_nickfury.pngpurpleflag.png
  • TheRealJRad
    Options

Yes. 5 times the board was awful, full of black and red. 6th time a match 5 right from the start and then another fell, like a glorious angel, from the top of the board. Also boosted all damage and crit bonus. If you have spare Health packs - go for it!

It's not the packs, it's the 60k iso (isn't it always). Thanks for the food for thought!
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Options
    0/1/5 lvl 92 and with second try without any boosts. Just stayed hidden all the time lol and denied + collected purple. Easy but long battle..
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    1/2/0, level 90. No boosts. Got her on the second try; my invisibility tile landed in the bottom right corner of the board and stayed there the rest of the match.

icon_elektra.pngredflag.png from the token. Fitting.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Five tries with my 1/2/1, which I took to level 94 because what's 3K ISO between friends? Obvious strategy is obvious, so I won't bother posting beyond denying black to avoid Elektra prolonging the match with SS, and I got a red IMHB to add to my champed Tony.
  • SirLanik
    SirLanik Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    SirLanik wrote:
    My formerly 0/0/3 Prof is now 1/1/4, so I should actually be able to beat this one! (assuming it's still Elektra.)

Happy to say my level 86 1/1/4 completed easily on the first try- though I did have to replace my Invis tile 6 times! Had about 1k hp left, used no boosts.

Got a greenflag.pngicon_ghostrider.png for my troubles.
  • dswan3rd
    dswan3rd Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Options
    3/5/4 LVL 131 absolutely mopped the floor with Elektra...got blind spot out early then funneled purple her way to "help" double cross...boosted my strike tiles with matches FTW a few moves later...may save the LT until the end of Deadpool vs. MPQ to stockpile the 25 CP with the 22 I currently have and open 3 LTs together...
  • TheRealJRad
    Options
    Got her!
    4/0/3, 168. Ran out of full boosts, so went full B/P, Crit and G/B. Took 4 or 5 tries, so not too bad.

blackflag.pngicon_greengoblin.png from the LT.
  • DevilMayGrind
    Options
    Got her!
    4/0/3, 168. Ran out of full boosts, so went full B/P, Crit and G/B. Took 4 or 5 tries, so not too bad.

blackflag.pngicon_greengoblin.png from the LT.

Alright alright, congrats icon_cool.gif